Utter Waste of Space

The Royal Family, past and presnet. Princess Diana Inquest. News and all related articles

Utter Waste of Space

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 21, 2008 2:38 pm

The Royal Family.

What a set of utter wasters. Not one of them has done a days work in their lives. They leech off this country year after year. And as for William and Harry, they are as much use as their mum; a complete waste of space. As for the 'brave soldier in Afghanistan' pantomime, well, I think the phrase 'stage managed' comes to mind.

Think what you like about the French (yes, I realise they have very few good points), BUT, at least they chopped the heads off the Bourgeoisie when they had the chance.

Vive La France.
CaboFrio
On Parole

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby KatzenWaffe » Wed May 21, 2008 3:03 pm

CaboFrio wrote:The Royal Family.

What a set of utter wasters. Not one of them has done a days work in their lives. They leech off this country year after year. And as for William and Harry, they are as much use as their mum; a complete waste of space. As for the 'brave soldier in Afghanistan' pantomime, well, I think the phrase 'stage managed' comes to mind.

Think what you like about the French (yes, I realise they have very few good points), BUT, at least they chopped the heads off the Bourgeoisie when they had the chance.

Vive La France.

Shame on you Sir! Perhaps as your name suggests you may not be English in which case you can be forgiven.

For all their shortcomings (their treatment of Princess Di etc.) They are much better than the alternative. Imagine President Thatcher, President Blair ,or even (God forbid) President Brown.

I really feel for the poor Americans having to accept a complete nincompoop such as Bush as the Head of State and the most revered person in the country.

At least our soldiers are able to swear allegiance to the Crown and not the Government.

I think it is good to have as Head of State a person who is independent of any political party
and who stands above all the lying and corruption which seem to be an integral part of any political system.

The fact that the Queen has had access to state and cabinet papers since the late 1940s means that there is no one else in the country with her amount of political experience and she must be a vast source of knowledge which any prime minister can tap into if he wishes.

I also think Prince Charles plays an important role in speaking up in favour of minority causes
such as Organic farming and alternative medicine.

I feel sure that the forces of global capitalism would have done their best to shut down Homoeopathy (the best form of medicine IMHO) in this country were it not for the fact that the Royal Family use it.

Right so we now have the anti and pro royalist positions set out.

It will be interesting to count the posts in favour of each side
KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked

Postby KatzenWaffe » Wed May 21, 2008 3:06 pm

CaboFrio wrote:, at least they chopped the heads off the Bourgeoisie when they had the chance.

Vive La France.

No they didn't ! They cut the heads off the aristocracy. The French Revolution can be seen as a revolution OF and BY the bourgeosie.

Read your Karl Marx!
KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

KatzenWaffe wrote:
CaboFrio wrote:, at least they chopped the heads off the Bourgeoisie when they had the chance.

Vive La France.

No they didn't ! They cut the heads off the aristocracy. The French Revolution can be seen as a revolution OF and BY the bourgeosie.

Read your Karl Marx!

Not everyone loves a Smartarse. :lol:
CaboFrio
On Parole

Postby blimthepixie » Wed May 21, 2008 3:19 pm

oh cabo :shock:

Can you imagine day in day out having to make small pleasant talk to people you neither know or like and all those shaking of hands...Fancy having to sit through all the same pomp and ceremony for 50 years, it must be the most tedious job in the world with any family problems aired for the whole world to disect. But its generally done with a smile and good grace.

I would rather have a head of state like the Queen, she only costs each taxpayer 62p each last year. ( we pay more than that for our MP's!)

can you imagine Cherie and Tony as head of state, they would have upped it in taxes to at least £1.50 per taxpayer and a political figure would only push their own agenda.

i say we have the best of both worlds.
blimthepixie
First Time Offender

Postby CaboFrio » Wed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm

KatzenWaffe wrote:

Vive La France.

Shame on you Sir! Perhaps as your name suggests you may not be English in which case you can be forgiven.

For all their shortcomings (their treatment of Princess Di etc.) They are much better than the alternative. Imagine President Thatcher, President Blair ,or even (God forbid) President Brown.

I really feel for the poor Americans having to accept a complete nincompoop such as Bush as the Head of State and the most revered person in the country.

At least our soldiers are able to swear allegiance to the Crown and not the Government.

I think it is good to have as Head of State a person who is independent of any political party
and who stands above all the lying and corruption which seem to be an integral part of any political system.

The fact that the Queen has had access to state and cabinet papers since the late 1940s means that there is no one else in the country with her amount of political experience and she must be a vast source of knowledge which any prime minister can tap into if he wishes.

I also think Prince Charles plays an important role in speaking up in favour of minority causes

I feel sure that the forces of global capitalism would have done their best to shut down Homoeopathy (the best form of medicine IMHO) in this country were it not for the fact that the Royal Family use it.

Right so we now have the anti and pro royalist positions set out.

It will be interesting to count the posts in favour of each side

I don't think it's fair to bring the USA into this, they have enough on their plate with the impending arrival of Obama in The Oval Office.

No, this is purely a British disease.

All the 'we wouldn't have any tourists in Britain if it wasn't for the Royal Family. Utter rot. What do Paris, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro, Sydney and Vancouver do? Rent a Monarchy by the hour, then send them home after the lat tourist bus has left.

Prince Charles - if he's the full ticket then I know where a load of them are locked up.

That's what happen's when your mum marries her uncle's mad German brother's sister's uncle. Serves them right.
CaboFrio
On Parole

Postby lioned » Wed May 21, 2008 4:29 pm

Vive La France.

No i wont have it i tell ya !! I think the Queen Mum earns every penny !!
lioned
Local Lag

Postby librarising » Wed May 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Vive La France.

We topped our king before they did, in 1649. Typical frogs, always behind the fashion.
It ain't over till the thin lady sings.
librarising
Been Cautioned

Postby Sad Git » Wed May 21, 2008 5:02 pm

:rolls up sleeves with glee:

KatzenWaffe wrote:Shame on you Sir! Perhaps as your name suggests you may not be English in which case you can be forgiven.

Er....The Royals are supposed to be of BRITAIN, not just England. Even though half of them are Greek and the other half are German...

But you can vote out a Thatcher, a Blair, a Brown in the end. You're stuck with a Monarch for life.

See above. Also rightly or wrongly the US democratically elect their Head of State instead of having one foisted upon them.

They don't have a choice, we have no constitution and are mere subjects of the Crown.

And Royals are genetically incapable of lying or corruption?

Like a Civil Servant you mean? But in a free country the "experience" argument should not be used as a way to keep the present incumbent in office for ever.

Prince Charles... (lost for words) :shock:

And why should the Royal Family have the right to impose their ideas on the rest of society?

Right so we now have the anti and pro royalist positions set out. It will be interesting to count the posts in favour of each side

COUNT REPUBLICAN +1 :mrgreen:

Don't allow the McMedia to keep the public ignorant, download our leaflets now!
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... S%20bw.pdf
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... Mother.pdf
Sad Git
On Parole

Postby KatzenWaffe » Wed May 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Sad Git wrote:Er....The Royals are supposed to be of BRITAIN, not just England. Even though half of them are Greek and the other half are German...

This is a very good point that you are making here.In fact if you want to find an English King you
have to go back a very long way.

From 1066 our rulers have been Plantagenets (French)
Tudors (Welsh)
Stuarts (Scottish)
Orange (Dutch)
Hanoverian (German)
Saxe-Coburg Gotha (German)
Windsor ( Germans with a different name)

I believe even poor king Harold who lost the battle of Hastings was a Norseman.

Anyway I had better end the history lesson here or I risk being accused of being a smart-a***
again

(Apologies Cabo Frio- no offence intended or taken)

PS SadGit. I love your avatar. I think it is the cutest one on the forum.
Last edited by KatzenWaffe on Wed May 21, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked

Postby lovemedo » Wed May 21, 2008 7:20 pm

let's crown kate and gerry! :blackeye: :bounce:
swimming on the river rhine!
lovemedo
Local Lag

Postby Sad Git » Wed May 21, 2008 7:57 pm

KatzenWaffe wrote:PS SadGit. I love your avatar. I think it is the cutest one on the forum.

HA, you won't get around me that easily! Kittens against the Royals, Frenchie!
Don't allow the McMedia to keep the public ignorant, download our leaflets now!
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... S%20bw.pdf
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... Mother.pdf
Sad Git
On Parole

Postby blossom » Thu May 22, 2008 2:09 am

Excellent posts Cabofrio and Sad Git (i also love your scottish fold!)

I completely agree. We have her on our postage stamps (why??) in one of her silly beekeeper hats.

My old mum worships her and mums Christmas highlight is watching the queen's address. :roll:
I have to leave the room. I can't stand her plum-in-the-mouth voice (sorry) but i can't say anything against her to my mum or mum thinks i've committed blasphemy.

A totally useless dysfunctional family jmho. I have to work for my living btw :evil:
blossom
Local Lag

Postby Cas » Thu May 22, 2008 3:14 am

Vive La France.

before you judge Diana, whom had her faults, charles was told by his father to find a female to bear him children, hence the boys,
If charles had been allowed to marry Camilla he would have been happy as he is now, but know he did as his father told him, and it ended up with the two most unhappy people on this earth, the boys are a delight they act know differently with regards to the arm forces then there uncles, dont always agree but there you go.
I agree the royals waste tax payers money, you right over the stage managed, but please dont call our princess she not here anymore and is uncalled for.
As a huge Elvis fan, I would be very worried if the royals had to ask advice from Elvis as Clinton did many times that says a lot does it not.
I not a royalist but do not like to here the princes been slaggesd off, they had a lot to contend with and will get it right when the time comes
Cas

Justice for Madeleine

Click here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thevoiceformadeleine

Please sign the above................. Thank you

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Cuddle Cat.
(")_(")
Cas
Been Cautioned

Postby Chox » Thu May 22, 2008 3:26 am

there is a site called slate.com.

on slate.com you can find doonesbury comics.

on the doonesbury comics page, is a link to writing by soldiers.

among them, you will find at least one saying that before they knew who harry was, he was doing his work and doing it well.

their mom died when they were children, their father is a skanky adulterer who married a skank - not sure what you can expect of them. and in spite of that, i think they WILL turn out ok - they are both still quite young. many of us dont find our way by mid 20s.

saying that about diana was, i assume, simply meant to incite. perhaps she didnt solve aids, but she did bring many issues to light, and she DID make people suffering in various ways, feel as if she gave a c***.

anyway, your whole post is foolish. sorry.
Chox
Been Cautioned

Next

Return to The Royal Family - Past and Present