Utter Waste of Space

The Royal Family, past and presnet. Princess Diana Inquest. News and all related articles

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby the_last_name_left » Thu May 22, 2008 6:28 am

they're dreadful! Orf with their Saxe-Coburg heads........

In fact if you want to find an English King you have to go back a very long way.


Hmm. Doesn't that highlight the fact that there's no such thing as "english", beyond the amalgam of peoples that inhabit part of 'this sceptred isle'? It's a geographic and cultural distinction not an ethnic one? ie you'd have to go back a long, long way to find ANYONE who was 'english' - let alone the monarch.

Honestly, I find it an embarassment that we have a monarchy. But worse, it's class made manifest.

The broohaha about the baby-royal going to fight in Afghan is case in point - WHY was it even an issue? WHY did it even matter? Because of CLASS. Because baby-royals are so much more IMPORTANT than baby-commoners. That's WHY baby-royals would be targets - that's WHY baby-royals couldn't be allowed to go. Because of CLASS.

It made me furious listening to all the garbage spouted about henry/harry whatever going to Afghan. Nobody would address the real point about class - everybody accepted it, but nobody mentioned it.

Usually we have all this tripe about classless society, equal opportunity, glass ceilings etc etc - and yet come Afghan, and the debate over should our expensively trained toy-soldier go 'fight' or not, then the class basis of british society was clearly exposed as being perfectly well understood by everyone. Tacitly EVERYONE knew WHY harry would be a target - CLASS. And yet at the same time we're all supposed to ignore it, and believe in a classless society blah blah blah. Codswallop.

The thing about a "glass ceiling" for women irritates me too. Sure there's male discrimination - of course. But that isn't what makes for a "glass ceiling" preventing women reaching the boardroom. The glass ceiling is against people who haven't been educated in private schools - those who aren't already privileged. If privileged women could go to eton and harrow and whatever, then they might find less of a glass ceiling. For working class people, the glass ceiling exists whether male or female....with scarcely any difference between the two.

What else to expect when we have royal soldiers who can't fight because they are royal, a queen (FFS!!) and all the rest of the aristocracy and class system? Screw them all!
User avatar
the_last_name_left
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:21 am

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 9:09 am

Chox wrote:their mom died when they were children, their father is a skanky adulterer who married a skank - not sure what you can expect of them. and in spite of that, i think they WILL turn out ok - they are both still quite young. many of us dont find our way by mid 20s.

saying that about diana was, i assume, simply meant to incite. perhaps she didnt solve aids, but she did bring many issues to light, and she DID make people suffering in various ways, feel as if she gave a c***.


See, what it is, it's perfectly fine to call one (live) royal female a
skank
but not ok to call another (dead) one a waste of space.

In fact it's so not ok to criticise the latter in any way whatsoever that I think she's looking down on you now, fluttering on her fairy angel wings and, well, sort of scowling at you a bit. Shame!
It ain't over till the thin lady sings.
User avatar
librarising
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby marian » Thu May 22, 2008 9:13 am

Hi Chox

They are oxygen thieves the lot of them.

The only decent one was Fergie who actually enjoyed having her toes sucked and DID go out and earn a crust to pay off her's and Andrew's massive bills.

Crown her Queen, she'd make everyone go out and get a job.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby coral » Thu May 22, 2008 9:25 am

Class?? Dont think so. There is certainly nothing "classy" about the Royal (Queens grandson, cant remember his name!) who got married at the weekend - and sold the photos to Hello magazine for half a million!!!!! :shock:
coral
Local Lag
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby coral » Thu May 22, 2008 9:27 am

marian wrote:Hi Chox

They are oxygen thieves the lot of them.

The only decent one was Fergie who actually enjoyed having her toes sucked and DID go out and earn a crust to pay off her's and Andrew's massive bills.

Crown her Queen, she'd make everyone go out and get a job.


I quite like Fergie now to Marion, she came across very well on that programme the other night.

I also saw her fiercely standing up for her daughter Beatrice who a certain journalist had criticised in her column for being "fat"- she is a size 10. She named her as well - Alison Pearson, who just so happens has also written a very sympathetic piece about the McCanns recently.
coral
Local Lag
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby Miss Take » Thu May 22, 2008 9:37 am

Cas wrote:
CaboFrio wrote:The Royal Family.

What a set of utter wasters. Not one of them has done a days work in their lives. They leech off this country year after year. And as for William and Harry, they are as much use as their mum; a complete waste of space. As for the 'brave soldier in Afghanistan' pantomime, well, I think the phrase 'stage managed' comes to mind.

Think what you like about the French (yes, I realise they have very few good points), BUT, at least they chopped the heads off the Bourgeoisie when they had the chance.

Vive La France.


before you judge Diana, whom had her faults, charles was told by his father to find a female to bear him children, hence the boys,
If charles had been allowed to marry Camilla he would have been happy as he is now, but know he did as his father told him, and it ended up with the two most unhappy people on this earth, the boys are a delight they act know differently with regards to the arm forces then there uncles, dont always agree but there you go.
I agree the royals waste tax payers money, you right over the stage managed, but please dont call our princess she not here anymore and is uncalled for.
As a huge Elvis fan, I would be very worried if the royals had to ask advice from Elvis as Clinton did many times that says a lot does it not.
I not a royalist but do not like to here the princes been slaggesd off, they had a lot to contend with and will get it right when the time comes


I promised I wouldn't respond, but arrrrgh!!

Judge Diana, the poor little mite. There were three in the marriage from the start right? She knew this from the start and went ahead with the marriage right? She was hardly a faithful little puppy herself right?

:roll:

Diana is one of the most manipulative women I can think of in modern times. There's a reason her in-laws hated her. She wasn't the shy type she made out, else why the hell would she court the press like she did? We think the McCanns play the media, they're nothing on this woman.

This is the woman who would shake the hands of patients dying of disease that money could cure. In fact, the clothes and jewellery she was wearing could probably have saved hundreds of lives. Yet she simply pouted for the camera, went home and busied herself deciding what to wear the next day.


As for the 'boys' being delightful. :shock:

They are NOT like everyone else in the armed forces. Most squaddies wouldn't wear a Nazi uniform, joke or not. Not a single squaddie would get away with armed action. Not a single squaddie would be allowed to take the helicopter he was in and park it in his girlfriend's lawn (then the army wouldn't say that it was part of the practice). Not a single squaddie would be allowed to use military helicopters (on our taxes) to pick up his brother to attend a stag do.

Please don't ever insult the intelligence of the most of us who can clearly see that these boys are far from delightful and nothing like the bulk of the armed forces who we owe so very much to.

On hearing about Di's death, my only response was that it was such a shame it wasn't a minibus with the whole lot of them on it.

Parasites.

If only the rest of the country on benefits were afforded the same as the royal family eh? A house paid for by the government is what? An income provided by taxes is what?

So yer, I agree with Cabo - believe it or not. ;)
"While it may be hugely entertaining and a bit of fun to think of cast lists, we are a million miles away from that sort of thing."

Image
User avatar
Miss Take
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:45 am

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby marian » Thu May 22, 2008 10:31 am

Hi Miss Take

Very true but at least she highlighted them and showed them up for what they were.

They could easily have held the marriage together. Its not as if they were stuck in a terrace house with the ironing board, telly and the kids.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby KatzenWaffe » Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 am

Sad Git wrote::rolls up sleeves with glee:

KatzenWaffe wrote:
I feel sure that the forces of global capitalism would have done their best to shut down Homoeopathy (the best form of medicine IMHO) in this country were it not for the fact that the Royal Family use it.

And why should the Royal Family have the right to impose their ideas on the rest of society?




No. You appear to miss my point. He is defending our right to choose the type of medicine or farming, for instance, that we wish to use,against those who would take it away.

This is the exact opposite of imposing their will on us. No one is being compelled to eat organic food or to use homoeopathy.

However there are those who would wish to deprive us of the possibility of using these things,and so force THEIR will on us namely the World Trade Organisation and the forces of Global Capitalism as represented by the Chemical Industry.

The forces of International Capitalism and globalisation are far, far more sinister and dangerous than our own Royal Family.IMO

Who is this guy , a Royalist Marxist ? I hear you say. No, I reject all labels as being artificial and limiting.

The apparently contradictory term of Royalist Anarchist would be closer to my true position.

I think we need protecting from the worst excesses of Government And I think the Royals do quite a good job in this regard.
User avatar
KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby KatzenWaffe » Thu May 22, 2008 11:54 am

Sad Git wrote:
KatzenWaffe wrote:PS SadGit. I love your avatar. I think it is the cutest one on the forum.


HA, you won't get around me that easily! Kittens against the Royals, Frenchie!


No Problem Mate!

Image
User avatar
KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby CaboFrio » Thu May 22, 2008 11:58 am

marian wrote:Hi Miss Take

Very true but at least she highlighted them and showed them up for what they were.

They could easily have held the marriage together. Its not as if they were stuck in a terrace house with the ironing board, telly and the kids.

marian

Have you an aversion to ironing boards?
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby chimaera » Thu May 22, 2008 12:07 pm

I neither like or dislike them.
I am totally indifferent.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
User avatar
chimaera
On Parole
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby mumof5 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 pm

I take issue with the comment that Princess Diana was a "waste of space". :evil: :(

The rest of the royals are though.....

Although I happen to think Harry is ok.
CADAVER DOGS CAN'T TELL LIES !
User avatar
mumof5
Local Lag
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby CaboFrio » Thu May 22, 2008 12:53 pm

chimaera wrote:I neither like or dislike them.
I am totally indifferent.


We'll take that as a 'Yes' then. :mrgreen:
User avatar
CaboFrio
On Parole
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby librarising » Thu May 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Miss Take wrote:Diana is one of the most manipulative women I can think of in modern times. There's a reason her in-laws hated her. She wasn't the shy type she made out, else why the hell would she court the press like she did? We think the McCanns play the media, they're nothing on this woman.


She's REALLY scowling down at you now, a-flutter on her gossamer wings. (Mm perhaps that's an unfortunate image. 'Wings of gossamer', is that any better? No it's not really is it.)
It ain't over till the thin lady sings.
User avatar
librarising
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Utter Waste of Space

Postby the_last_name_left » Thu May 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Monarchist anarchist? Crikey.......
User avatar
the_last_name_left
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Royal Family - Past and Present

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
cron