*Server Outagages and Annoucement*

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

Re: *Server Outagages and Annoucement*

Postby JypsyBear » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Thankyou for all your dedication towards this forum , as with out all of you who run this forum ,we would not be here to fight for Madeleine and the Justice she so much deserves and needs :)Thankyou Jypsybear
JypsyBear
First Time Offender

Postby tothelighthouse » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:03 pm

Hello to all you clever people, so much appreciated all your fantastic work over the months, at last got time - and courage - to join you and hope to be able to contribute too. Sorry I was just a lurker in the woodwork :idea: for so long but ashamed of my lack of knowledge of how to cut and paste and all those complicated things you all manage so well, :oops: Can translate from Spanish* for you all if necessary. Please carry on and thanks also for way back, introduction to lovely Portuguese music, as well as the light relief!
*I rather resent the McC trying to involve Spain - my second country - in the whole affair..(am British originally, but not an "expat".... :)
Sow the wind, ...and reap the whirlwind.....
tothelighthouse
New In Town

Postby bigmummy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:09 pm

tothelighthouse wrote:Hello to all you clever people, so much appreciated all your fantastic work over the months, at last got time - and courage - to join you and hope to be able to contribute too. Sorry I was just a lurker in the woodwork :idea: for so long but ashamed of my lack of knowledge of how to cut and paste and all those complicated things you all manage so well, :oops: Can translate from Spanish* for you all if necessary. Please carry on and thanks also for way back, introduction to lovely Portuguese music, as well as the light relief!
*I rather resent the McC trying to involve Spain - my second country - in the whole affair..(am British originally, but not an "expat".... :)

welcome Tothelighthouse hope you will be happy posting with us I also cannot cut and paste,.
bigmummy
On Parole

Postby tothelighthouse » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Thanks, Bigmummy! once : was enough,bless you! :D
Sow the wind, ...and reap the whirlwind.....
tothelighthouse
New In Town

Postby sheeple » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:19 pm

beggars'belief wrote:
sheeple wrote:
nbrado wrote:Due to increased volumes of traffic we have had to limit the website to registered accounts viewing the forum.

Exactly not the time to limit Joe Public's access to non spin info IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Although glad to have jumped into the cyber pond, now able to splash about myself :blackeye: , the ability to peruse 'non spin info' (good phrase) is a resource the general public should be allowed to retain, if pos. I'm sure this must have been debated at length. Ultimately, the Mods are right - access to members shouldn't be compromised by 'viewers-only'. But please work towards restoring the previous access. Apart from anything else, the abrupt closure of this forum to unregistered guests could be misconstrued by those who need little encouragement to misconstrue things.

(Mind you, it is like waking up after a long sleep to be able to post as well as read.)

Especially as the forum name and board index ref to Madeleine Beth McCann don't lend so well to curious google searches.
The Policia Judiciaria said in a statement: "We regret the baseless intervention of the spokesman above all at a moment when significant moves were being made in the investigation."
sheeple
On Parole

Postby beggars'belief » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:23 pm

bigmummy wrote:sorry about this I dont know what is happening please mod can you delete the above posts

I suspect it's when you click 'submit' but, because there's been more posts while you were composing, your post is delayed. You keep clicking ... I nearly did ... and do not realise the multiple posts are being submitted? Those who don't make mistakes make nothing.

Bravo bigmummy :)
"These people only do good ... and this is how the world repays them" MrGerry's Mum, TV news 4-5-07
beggars'belief
You're Nicked

Postby beggars'belief » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Sheeple wrote:

Especially as the forum name and board index ref to Madeleine Beth McCann don't lend so well to curious google searches.[/quote]

Quite so, sheeple
"These people only do good ... and this is how the world repays them" MrGerry's Mum, TV news 4-5-07
beggars'belief
You're Nicked

Postby bigmummy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 pm

beggars'belief wrote:
bigmummy wrote:sorry about this I dont know what is happening please mod can you delete the above posts

I suspect it's when you click 'submit' but, because there's been more posts while you were composing, your post is delayed. You keep clicking ... I nearly did ... and do not realise the multiple posts are being submitted? Those who don't make mistakes make nothing.

Thats it when I press submit it did not seem to have gone through, I am a waste of bandwidth, all these problems and I go filling pages with one comment :oops:
bigmummy
On Parole

Postby Shrike » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:34 pm

bigmummy wrote:
Shrike wrote:Looking at the last page of the members list, bigmummy, there are 3379!

goodness me that is a lot mind you we have to take off the 79 they are probaly three people with Hydra syndrome

:) The many-headed seem to have jumped ship.
'We know our facts, we know what we did.' Gerry McCann

"The issue is, does this judicial secrecy help the investigation in any way? We would say not." Clarrie McSpin, May 08
Shrike
First Time Offender

Postby bigmummy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Shrike wrote:
bigmummy wrote:
Shrike wrote:Looking at the last page of the members list, bigmummy, there are 3379!

goodness me that is a lot mind you we have to take off the 79 they are probaly three people with Hydra syndrome

:) The many-headed seem to have jumped ship.

I do hope so, mind what can they say now, everything is going t.ts up for the evil pair
bigmummy
On Parole

Postby ProbablyNot » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:52 pm

really,with the amount of money that has been donated by memebrs, i find it very surprising that it is felt neceassry to close to lurkers

surely there is enough in the kitty to sort this out?
ProbablyNot
Local Lag

Postby godsnightshirt » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Yet another lurker coming out of the shadows
Well done to everyone for all their hard work so far
godsnightshirt
New In Town

Postby nbrado » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:28 pm

ProbablyNot wrote:really,with the amount of money that has been donated by memebrs, i find it very surprising that it is felt neceassry to close to lurkers

surely there is enough in the kitty to sort this out?

life is just full of suprises huh! :D

Really its not something that I would like to see full time and as we adjust to the enviroment and manage the influx's we will continue to scale to meet the needs and open the doors up when we can.

Its a matter or priorities and sacrifices at the moment and thanks again for being patient and understanding.
Nbrado - Site admin
The Three Arguidos - Here to stay..........
nbrado

Postby pike1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:16 pm

bigmummy wrote:
beggars'belief wrote:

Thats it when I press submit it did not seem to have gone through, I am a waste of bandwidth, all these problems and I go filling pages with one comment :oops:

bigmummy you have made me smile today...am learning all these skills slowly myself but fellow posters have always been so kind when I`ve said I couldn`t do something IT wise and have helped..I `ve learned so much since January..

At least you admit it when you make a MISTAKE and learn from it!!! :) :wink:

Thanks to Mods and Admin for keeping us going even when the going gets tough!!
"Always tell the truth.That way you don`t have to remember what you said"[Mark Twain]

The 3 Arguidos Cookery Book : great recipes!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3620&p=355600#p355600
pike1
Hardened Criminal

Postby imlawlor » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:21 pm

I realize the recent interest in the case has increased the traffic to the site but I am very dismayed that non members are not allowed to view the posts. I thought that this site was a lonely beacon for the truth and it was important to spread the word as far as possible. Now we are becoming a small band of people taking to each other with no impact on outside thought. I would urge the site owners to reconsider their policy and increase the capability of the site. It is important that our research and opinions find a wide audience.
imlawlor
You're Nicked

PreviousNext

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads