Computer freezes

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

Computer freezes

Postby MEE » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi

Can anybody help please? More often than not when I go to a link on the 3A's it freezes my computer completely. I used to be able to unfreeze it by using the Ctrl/Alt/Delete keys but it has got worse lately and now my computer freezes and I have to turn it off and then switch it back on again. I no longer go onto links but it still keeps freezing.

Any ideas - many thanks

MEE :D
MEE
New In Town

Re: Computer freezes

Postby MoeSzyslak » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:42 pm

1) The easiest first step is to clear your cookies, history, and browser cache. There may be a conflict there.
2) Second easiest thing, is to do a virus and spyware scan.
3) Try coming on to 3A with a different browser. Try K-Meleon, it's the one I use. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/
4) You might need more RAM, which is memory.
5) Is this when you click on a link in 3A? As in an external link? Does your browser open a new window when you click it? Could be a conflict there. But, I would need more exact information.

Sometimes it is something so obvious you would never think to check there.

Let me know if you are still having the problem. PM if you want.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads