Problem?

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

Problem?

Postby chimaera » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:13 pm

I am getting the following intermittent message, and it is not a problem at this end, as I am having no trouble with anything else. I have edited out identifying text -

While trying to retrieve the URL: search.php?

The following error was encountered:

Connection to xxxxxxxxx Failed
The system returned:

(113) No route to host
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Anyone help?
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Re: Problem?

Postby bjr » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:19 pm

I am not a techie, perhaps Nbrado can help more than I. But I did find this on google.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_th ... p?id=12885
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby chimaera » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks. I'm back on. I was using a wireless connection, which was causing the problem.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby chimaera » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Ne again! Had another problem today.
Using a new provider and a new Mac laptop. However, I've been using it for the past few days with no problems - until today.
Every time I tried to get on here, I was asked to log in. When I did and looked at the users, there I was. But, when I tried to open a thread I was asked to log in again. I managed to get into the chat room, though. No problems with any other sites.

Deleted all cookies ( as advised by bjr in the chat room) and downloaded some clean up stuff recommended.

Anyway, all seems fine at present. Anybody any idea what is going on?
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Elemental » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:52 pm

You just needed to clear your cache(which you did), happens quite a bit with forums :)
Let that be a lesson to one and to all, a person is a person, no matter how small.
Elemental
On Parole

Postby chimaera » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks, Elemental. I'd been busy bookmarking a lot of stuff I'd lost back in and also doing a massive shop on-line. I guess it was my own fault :oops:

I've got all the gear, but am not very internet savvy. You wouldn't believe the carry on I had trying to map my printer to my laptop. Took me two whole days to work out that I had to switch the bluetooth thing ON.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:56 pm

chimaera wrote:Ne again! Had another problem today.
Using a new provider and a new Mac laptop. However, I've been using it for the past few days with no problems - until today.
Every time I tried to get on here, I was asked to log in. When I did and looked at the users, there I was. But, when I tried to open a thread I was asked to log in again. I managed to get into the chat room, though. No problems with any other sites.

Deleted all cookies ( as advised by bjr in the chat room) and downloaded some clean up stuff recommended.

Anyway, all seems fine at present. Anybody any idea what is going on?

I am not an expert on MAC systems, but no route to the host looks like a network problem to me. Could be your ISP, or something in your set up at home. It sounds like the connection just can't be made to the server. Do you have this problem with all websites? Sorry I couldn't help more.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads