Broadband, microfilters etc

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

Broadband, microfilters etc

Postby jeangenie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:18 pm

I'm having a lot of trouble connecting to the net.
I've got talktalk, connected via ethernet to my Mac. Connection has been perfect for 18 months+, but lately I have had to reconnect 7/8 times a day, re-setting WAN settings etc . I have had lengthy talks to very helpful 'techies' in New Delhi and Warrington, and was advised to get another mico-filter. I did -no difference.
I've got Sky+, Sky multi room, a landline and 2 cordless phonesplus this modem all connected to the one landline.
Has anyone any idea what I could do??
If I get replies and don't thank you immediately you'll know the reason - the s*dding thing's gone orff again.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Orwell
jeangenie
Been Cautioned

Re: Broadband, microfilters etc

Postby yodigo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:47 pm

My Dad had the same problem, but he only has the taktalk modem on the line, plus phones of course. We tried his modem on my BB connection (not talktalk), and it worked perfectly. Turned out a modem setting needed to be changed to work correctly on talktalk - although why it worked for a while then started going wrong, who knows? Some talktalk network change somewhere I'd guess.
So I suggest you try you modem on a friend's BB connection that you know works - you'll need to change your modem/login settings though to those of the friend's BB connection - to find out if the modem is working correctly.
yodigo
New In Town

Re: Broadband, microfilters etc

Postby jeangenie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:59 pm

It's certainly worth a try yodigo - thanks for replying!
Talktalk have changed my password 3 times as well , but they say that shouldn't do it.
Will have a go. Ta!!
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Orwell
jeangenie
Been Cautioned

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads