PHOTOBUCKET SECURITY - Also uploading of an avatar

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

PHOTOBUCKET SECURITY - Also uploading of an avatar

Postby shesaidwhat » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:56 pm

Hi all,

Mods and Amin would like to remind everyone who posts photos on the site that if you are posting via a photobucket account which contains photos other than the ones you are happy to share with everyone that you set your photobucket account to 'private'.

If you have any questions on this at all please PM me.
When we step out on to the pitch on Sunday, all friendships will be forgotten
shesaidwhat
On Parole

Re: PHOTOBUCKET SECURITY

Postby bjr » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:37 pm

Instructions for changing settings in Photobucket public to private.

Click on Account Options

Go down to Account Settings and click on edit my album settings

Change my album is Public to Private

Then click save

Job done.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Re: PHOTOBUCKET SECURITY

Postby MsMarbles » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 pm

Helpful Instructions for setting up an avatar in your profile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. The address of an avatar site.
  2. Find an avatar site or an choose an avatar from your picture folders on your computer. If you choose an avatar from a site, make sure it is not much bigger than 100x100 pixels. If it needs resizing, please pm me the avatar and I will resize the avatar for you if possible. Right click it on your mouse and click 'Save as' and save to your pictures folder or somewhere that you can find the avatar on your computer again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These instructions are for use with Imageshack, one of a few image uploading sites:

1. When you go to the Imageshack site, click on the browse button to bring up your folders, and click and go to the pictures folder. Click one of your folders where your avatar is kept or.....
  2. ..... scroll down to the avatar if it is not saved to a folder yet.
  3. Double click on your chosen avatar.....
  4. ..... and the named avatar will appear in the box next to the browse button.
  5. Next you then click the 'Host it' button.
  6. Wait a few moments and you will be taken to a selction of codes for the avatar picture.
  7. Go to the last, which says direct link to image and .....
  8. ..... right click 'Select all' over the code, then right click 'Cut' or 'Copy' over the link code given or leave the the page open ready to copy and paste when needed a few minutes later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instructions for uploading your avatar to your profile

1. Click 'User Control' panel
  2. Then click 'Options' on the left .....
  3. ..... then 'Profile'.
  4. Click 'Edit Avatar'
  5. Then right click and 'Paste' that copied code from earlier into the box provided there.
  6. Try and keep your avatar about 100x100 in size. It's not always possible to be that exact, so wave your mouse over the avatar pic in your folder and it should show you the size, just type the size in.
  7. Then click 'Submit' and your avatar should appear.
I believe.....
I believe and trust in Eddie and keela.
__
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
MsMarbles
On Parole

Re: PHOTOBUCKET SECURITY - Also uploading of an avatar

Postby MsMarbles » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:13 am

xklamation wrote:
sentinel wrote:can anyone advise the easiest way??

i wanted to capture a short video clip from a website, (not download) then edit the clip (shorten) and play it as my avatar.

thanks

First you can't shorten or edit a video clip without downloading it first. You can grab the code for a flash (flv, swf) file or video (wmv,asf,avi) and use the code to paste it on to a blog or site but you can't use it as an avatar in a forum because, a forum like this one, generally only accepts a very small sized image. The animated (similar to videos) pictures you probably have seen in use in forums are in gif format because of the size, see "animated gifs video" in google. To grab a code for video, flash, if you use firefox browser,:
select the video, or image, or flash file as you would do to select a text (highlight)
click on your right mouse button and select view "selection source"
that will pop open a "DOM" window with the highlighted code
copy the highlighted code to your blog/site
presto! It's done.

Go here to make a gif video avatar: http://www.gifninja.com/ConvertVideoToGif.aspx
there are some tutorials as well.
Good luck.
I believe.....
I believe and trust in Eddie and keela.
__
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
MsMarbles
On Parole

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads