Writing and Compiling Long Posts.

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

Writing and Compiling Long Posts.

Postby bjr » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:24 pm

I have had a couple of PM's about time outs when compiling or writing long posts. The reason is that the time out was set at 1000 seconds, we have now increased it to 1300 seconds which is just over 21 mins. If the forum starts to seize again, we might have to alter this back to 1000 seconds.

Alternatively what I do when I know it is going to be a long post, I create it in Word document and then when finished cut and paste it into the post box on the forum and then submit.

Hope this helps everyone.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Re: Writing and Compiling Long Posts.

Postby miffed » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Thanks bjr for letting us know what is causing the posts going missing.

I had that problem at the Mail as well as here in the beginning and now here again (but only with long posts). My solution was to copy (select text, Control, C) before submitting. I got into that habit if I wanted to post here because I had to try about 10 times before being successful. When 3A changed, things improved immediately for both the Mirror as well as here. I stopped copying and have since lost a few long posts. If I answered a phone or got called away, there went my post.
miffed
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Just write on notepad then cut and paste. That's all I do on most posts especially the video ones. Also if you have noticed the odd crash then find out when you return your eloquently wrote post as disappeared, I would suggest instead of cut and paste just copy from "notepad" and you can copy it back on to the empty reply page. It all depends how the day/night's forum is playing up or not. But to say it irritates me when I write down on the reply only for it to crash..Arghhhhh! I hope this helps to stop that feeling.
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby miffed » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks Tripz ... took a while to find Notepad. I knew it had to be on my pc ... found it under Programs/ Accessories. The problem is how do I place this program on my Windows border (at the bottom of the screen). To make it easier to load than going via the above route. I also lost my IE icon on the bottom windows bar and don't know how to put it back there.

I'm really pushing my luck here.
miffed
On Parole

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads