BEWARE:::A NEW VIRUS

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

Re: BEWARE:::A NEW VIRUS

Postby Tripz » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Just googled bin laden death came up with this?

http://mprofaca.cro.net/osama-bin-laden-funeral.jpg
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby plath » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Thankyou Ironside. Good of you to warn us. No probs if it turns out not to be a problem though. I have sometimes had emails from people warning me about a virus, and sent it to all my friends, only to discover it was a hoax, and then I feel stupid. Better safe than sorry though. While we are on the subject, hubby warned me about something yesterday. Something came to them all at work (and I don't think this is a hoax) that it is dangerous to go into sites where there is animation. Apparently some of them have viruses in. People are using short Powerpoint animations to carry viruses. There are one or two really nasty ones in them. I am sure this is not a hoax. People are sending them via emails too - so beware everyone. Sorry if you are going to call me a nerd. This comes from hubby's I.T. Department. They can be trusted.
plath

Postby lindz07 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 pm

I really don't see what the problem is. All Ironsides has said is if you recieve an email regarding Bin Laden don't open it. What is the big deal? Thank you Ironsides for the heads up
lindz07

Postby nbrado » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:42 pm

thanks for the heads up.

I have moved this topic to IT help and left a shadow here.
Nbrado - Site admin
The Three Arguidos - Here to stay..........
nbrado

Postby jtexas » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:42 pm

Yes..ty for the heads up...it does not hurt to pass the things on.
j.
jtexas
Suspect

Postby IRONSIDE » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi Jim H....Have just been back to the poster and she insists this is for real....But thanks anyway for the advice....I do know the poster and she has always been credible....of course she could have heard it somewhere and is now passing it on...

Once again Thanks....Did'nt mean to cause a panic ::
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby bonnybraes1 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:43 pm

If it is a false alarm, then surely it is no big deal. If it is genuine, then thanks for the warning, Ironsides.
bonnybraes1

Postby plath » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Why isn't anyone shouting at me? I want to be shouted at :lol: Just warnded you about another virus. I want to be treated equal to Ironsides. But I am serious about the virus.
plath

Postby MP71 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:26 pm

consider yourself shouted at Plath. Post again if you want me to go further and demean you in any other way :lol: :wink:
MP71
Suspect

Postby imlawlor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:34 pm

I have had some serious computer problems since covering the McCann story, as have others. Some of the clicked on links contain viruses so you do have to be careful. Someone out there does not like anti McCannites. I have had problem lately that my ISP disappears and I can not get on internet. Have to reset my ISP. It is not a real problem but happens sometimes after I have been surfing McCann message boards.
imlawlor
You're Nicked

Postby plath » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:59 pm

But Ironside has more than one person shouting at him/her. It's not fair. I demand my rights. We are all meant to be equal around here. Please demean me in any way that you see fit MP71. I shall be delighted in whatever measure I receive it :bounce: :wink:
plath

Postby julygirl3210 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 pm

"Out damned spot ................" - Macbeth
julygirl3210
On Parole

Postby bonnybraes1 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:08 pm

How dare you confuse me by talking about a PayPoint viral, plath! For all I know, it could be sneaking into my leccy meter right this minute, and here I am, having to shout at you instead of disinfecting my meter! And a singing viral at that!
bonnybraes1

Postby plath » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:17 pm

OOOOOOOOH - thankyou bonnybraes. I am absolutely delighted that you saw fit to shout at me - tickled pink in fact. Kind of got a 'pinky aspect' about me. Bring it on folks. More, more please.
plath

Postby Shadow » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:24 am

Plath - naughty, naughty says Hoax Slayer - he say...

The message contains false and misleading information and it should not be forwarded.

Before forwarding any virus warning email, always take the time to check the veracity of the claims in the message at a reputable anti-virus or anti-hoax website.

Sending warning messages about non-existent viruses or messages that distort the truth about real viruses is entirely counterproductive and only adds to the ongoing problems caused by computer security threats.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/invitation-b ... rning.html

:wink:
Gerry McCann said: "It could have been worse, we could have lost the twins too.
Shadow
First Time Offender

PreviousNext

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads