POSTING PICTURES

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

POSTING PICTURES

Postby Tigger » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:24 pm

Reperioverum

For the uninitiated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to post your pictures you will have to use a photo hosting site. I use photo bucket http://photobucket.com/.

Open an account with photobucket (it's free) then you can upload pictures to it.

First click on browse and find the picture you want on your computer.

Once you have found the picture on your computer select it and click on open

This will take you back to the photobucket page. Click on the upload button and the picture will upload to your photobucket account.

Once you have uploaded your pics there there are a set of links underneath each pic. Copy the one labelled Img and paste it in to your post.

This will display your picture once you have posted it. If the picture is for your avatar you need to use the url link .

scylla

You can also use an image redirection site to save the bother of uploading pictures to your own site/account first.

The only caution is that the picture you're linking to has to be housed on the site you're linking to; in other words, it can't be a picture that has itself been redirected or hotlinked.

The one I use is ImgRed.com, and here are the instructions for using a thumbnail size picture (which is what I tend to do to avoid load on the server):

In front of the picture's url, simply add: http://imgred.com/tn/ so that the full address will look like something this (without the spaces):

(I put the space in to allow the address to show; otherwise it would have actually showed the picture.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Morgan has provided me with a link for anybody that wants to download a picture program

http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000- ... 21962.html
Without prejudice. All posts are opinion based unless backed by a link or quote.

When everything depends on just one tiny lie, we forget that in order to correct one lie, seven others have to be told.
- Shevat Yehudah
Tigger
Local Lag

Re: POSTING PICTURES

Postby Magali » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Thanx tigger,this page was forwarded to me by bjr,so,big thanx to bjr too.

Trying now,not working,gosh what am I supposed to copy,I've tried,'copy',to copy one of my son's transformers' pic,I can't paste this,was going to add the 'imgred' addy before it, well,will retry!with something else.
Magali

Postby Magali » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:48 pm

I've tried with one from McCanns.Files,put "imgred" etc instead of the normal "http",it went into "Not found",trying again.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuilderc ... 00h213.jpg

http://imgred.com/tn/mccannfiles.com/si ... 00h213.jpg

I can see this doesn't work,why is this?

Going to try with photobucket,as Perrito recommended,just copy and paste from there.
Magali

Postby tdee » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:53 pm

Remember we all live under the same sky but all have different horizons. So look up & maybe at times it will help you to feel closer.
tdee
You're Nicked

Postby Elemental » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Magali wrote:Thanx tigger,this page was forwarded to me by bjr,so,big thanx to bjr too.

Trying now,not working,gosh what am I supposed to copy,I've tried,'copy',to copy one of my son's transformers' pic,I can't paste this,was going to add the 'imgred' addy before it, well,will retry!with something else.

Just click on Img in the post reply box and paste the url.
Let that be a lesson to one and to all, a person is a person, no matter how small.
Elemental
On Parole

Postby mickey1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:15 pm

lost my avatar
please help
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" [Winston Churchill]
mickey1
On Parole

Postby lovemedo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:26 pm

abducted! :shock:
swimming on the river rhine!
lovemedo
Local Lag

Postby mickey1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:27 pm

I have been trying the photobucket thingy but have a silly ? there
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" [Winston Churchill]
mickey1
On Parole

Postby lovemedo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:29 pm

did you delete it in photobucket?
is photobucket down?
if it is temporarily down, you see a red cross only
swimming on the river rhine!
lovemedo
Local Lag

Postby mickey1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:36 pm

no its open on my screen and I have opened an album but when I copy the url and paste it it won't work
it is the share url line isn't it??
mickey1
On Parole

Postby mickey1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:40 pm

thanks lovemedo don't know what I did but I have a smurf :brilsmurf:
mickey1
On Parole

Postby perrito » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:57 pm

hola Mickey1

When you copy your image from photobucket you need to ensure that you copy the whole line, it needs to begin with img and finish with img.

I have found that for this site I need to reduce the size of the photo also. Click on the photo you want to put on site, this will open the photo in photobucket, then look above it and you will see various options, one of which is resize, on the drop down menu go for website/e mail, click and it will resize your photo and you can then post it on the forum.

Under your photo in the photobucket albumn highlight and copy the bottom line that begins with img, copy, then paste onto the forum. good luck.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby mickey1 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:02 pm

Thanks perrito
I found it worked with the line = direct link
:mrgreen:
mickey1
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:08 pm

The largest size on photobucket which this site accepts is the webpage/e-mailsize. you can go PRO and fit the exact limit the 3as accepts.. :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby miffed » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:11 am

miffed
On Parole

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads