can't view videos on youtube

Do you have IT problems? Unsure what software to use for virus checking, or maybe just a general IT question, post your request here and perhaps one of our IT talented members could solve your problem.

can't view videos on youtube

Postby Lana » Fri May 02, 2008 10:53 pm

I admit I have dial-up which I know is slow, but I was able to view videos at one time. I have windows vista, adobe flash 9.0.124.0, computer only 9 months old. All I get is a black screen where video is and circle going round and round.
The McCanns said they had tortured themselves for a year about leaving their children alone.
Mr McCann said: "People will say that they've never done that and you know, who am I to argue?
Lana
Been Cautioned

Re: can't view videos on youtube

Postby MoeSzyslak » Sat May 03, 2008 12:45 am

Hi. It's YouTube, most likely, and not your connection. I have broadband, and have noticed YouTube videos failing to load or being very slow to load. Only in the past couple days has it improved. I have speed tested my broadband connection, and it's fine. So, I think the problem lies with YouTube. Go to another video site like http://www.metacafe.com, and see if you have the same problem.
Sorry, since I know that doesn't really help.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby Lana » Sat May 03, 2008 2:40 am

Thanks, will try....I tested my Adobe flash install on their site and it worked fine....will try site you mentioned.
The McCanns said they had tortured themselves for a year about leaving their children alone.
Mr McCann said: "People will say that they've never done that and you know, who am I to argue?
Lana
Been Cautioned

Postby Lana » Sat May 03, 2008 2:48 am

Well, Moes, I could view that site just fine....I did notice a pop up from flash asking if the site could use 10kb of my computer memory or something like that...maybe i need to check settings when I go back to youtube. I wonder, since I'm in U.S. , does it matter on youtube if the video originated overseas?
Lana
Been Cautioned

Return to Help with IT - Photoshop Threads