outer thigh pain

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

outer thigh pain

Postby kcr1 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:13 pm

i suffer from osteoarthrtis in my spine ( lower ) recently i have been haveing pain in the outer thigh area
walking doesnt help and cannot lie on my side in bed i cannot get up a step without pain in the mornings it is painful and stiff. i dont know if its connected but i do get bad aches in my legs and they feel heavy sometimes i shall be going back to see the dr on the 13th march hopefully i can find out what it is anyone have any suggestions
kcr1
Local Lag

Re: outer thigh pain

Postby Snowleopard » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Kcr1, could it be your hip joint? Perhaps there is a little bit of inflammation going on there with wear and tear. Sorry your feeling the pain but perhaps your doctor might be able to help and arrange some better pain relief, x-rays etc and find out what is going on. Don't worry though, at this time of year especially, things tend to flare up but sometimes settle down on the own accord. Have you tried swimming? I should go myself a bit more really. It's hard to get motivated when it's so cold but it really does help to move stiff achy joints and free things up a bit.
Snowleopard
Local Lag

Postby kcr1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 pm

thank you for your reply snowleopard i do think i am worrying about nothing but i no it does get so painful.
and i have to face the facts i getting old thank you
kcr1
Local Lag

Postby Torti » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:51 pm

When you see your doctor, please ask him/her to check your legs for circulation. Intermittent claudication can cause this kind of pain and heavy feelings in your legs. The pain and heavy feelings result when the blood vessels spasm and their diameters get smaller, reducing blood flow, and causing a buildup of metabolites in the muscles. It usually gets worse with walking, but exercise is one of the treatment modes.
"Cat: One hell of a nice animal frequently mistaken for a meatloaf."--B. Kliban
Torti
Suspect

Postby kcr1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 pm

hi torti i have seen my dr who was very good she gave me a good check over.
she told me that i have bursitetis think i spelt it right
its all apart of my arthritis in my back i have to go for xrays on tuesday
kcr1
Local Lag

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum