Hair loss?

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Hair loss?

Postby Kay Scarpetta » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Ok forgive me if this is the wrong place, I came across this news article last week:

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/50467
Kay Scarpetta
Suspect

Re: Hair loss?

Postby apricot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Forgive me if it appears disrespectful, but I had a good laugh over that! :lol:
apricot
New In Town

Postby Kay Scarpetta » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:04 pm

apricot wrote:Forgive me if it appears disrespectful, but I had a good laugh over that! :lol:

It isn't in the least, not disrespectful, but I found it interesting!
Kay Scarpetta
Suspect

Postby sabot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:07 pm

Kay Scarpetta wrote:
apricot wrote:Forgive me if it appears disrespectful, but I had a good laugh over that! :lol:

It isn't in the least, not disrespectful, but I found it interesting!

I had a friend who's hair started coming out in clumps which for her was rather distressing. I think it was something to do with stress.
sabot
You're Nicked

Postby xxdelly » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:19 pm

My hubby went through a stressful time years ago and his hair fell out in clumps. I massaged every night and after a few weeks, it started to grow back in, really wispy at first.

Eventually it all grew back, but it grew back white....

I remember being at my in-laws one day, and he walked outside in front of my FIL, who took one look at his hair and whispered 'ffs, he looks like an fkn dalmation'.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
xxdelly
On Parole

Postby apricot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:35 pm

I had a partner who began losing his hair in his late 20s but in his case it was hereditary. It must be quite a shock to lose hair after stress and I think it also happens to women.
apricot
New In Town

Postby Kay Scarpetta » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 pm

I confess, I saw my 23 year old son on Sunday, I am a new Grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS baby Poppy! I saw the photographs of my son and his baby......................
Kay Scarpetta
Suspect

Postby apricot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandbaby!

Is this your first?
apricot
New In Town

Postby blondie2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:02 am

I need to know how I can lose hair It's quite thicck and unruly.
blondie2
Mafia Boss

Postby lollipop » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:13 pm

I don't know,if there is any truth to this,but I have been told before,that excessive alcohol consumption makes your hair grow really thick.
lollipop
Been Cautioned

Postby the_sage » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:52 pm

lollipop wrote:I don't know,if there is any truth to this,but I have been told before,that excessive alcohol consumption makes your hair grow really thick.

That's interesting. My friend went bald as a young man and tried everything he could to regain a full head of hair. An elderly woman told him to rub his head nightly with chip pan fat and to tie a pair of nylons around it and to sleep like this.

After 9 weeks his hair was growing back in though it did have a slight wave to it. To this day he still has a gorgeous full head of hair.
the_sage
New In Town

Postby apricot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:11 pm

the_sage wrote:
lollipop wrote:I don't know,if there is any truth to this,but I have been told before,that excessive alcohol consumption makes your hair grow really thick.

That's interesting. My friend went bald as a young man and tried everything he could to regain a full head of hair. An elderly woman told him to rub his head nightly with chip pan fat and to tie a pair of nylons around it and to sleep like this.

After 9 weeks his hair was growing back in though it did have a slight wave to it. To this day he still has a gorgeous full head of hair.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
apricot
New In Town

Postby xxdelly » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:13 am

When I get the bus home, there's this guy, maybe late 50s who get on outside the pub.

He stinks out the whole bus with the stench of booze and his hair is so thick and wirey.

However, he has bad dandruff or a scalp condition. He always wears a blue fleece (HEY! a blue fleece) and the back of it is always covered in mangy bits of skin.

The smell and the sight really makes me heave, when I see him I pray he doesn't sit in front of me :mrgreen:
xxdelly
On Parole

Postby nurgis » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:38 am

Thanks for interesting article.
When my doctor told me that I would loose all body hair in Chemo I was devestated.
There was no way around it so I decided to make a family event out of it and allowed
my children to take turns and cut it all off. We had a great laugh but I was unable to
look in the mirror until few hours after the last strand of hair was gone.
Now three years on, my hair has grown back but the thickness is only 1/3 of what it used to be and the colour
is no longer dark blonde but slate gray. For two years I had no idea who this person was
that kept staring me in the face from the mirror each day :lol: :lol:

Now I am back to my old self again. I was lucky :wink: :wink:
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby Primavera » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Chinese herbal medicine: "He Shou Wu." (polygonum multiflorum)

In the form of a herbal tincture or pills.
"I can no longer observe such pleased mad faces."
("Killers," by Alice Walker.)

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/
Primavera
First Time Offender

Next

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum