Seroxat

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Seroxat

Postby Jude » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Anyone else been on this medication long term. I have now been on it for 9 years reduced to 10mg.
Really difficult to get off this, anyone had any success?
Last time I tried (cold turkey) I couldn't even walk in a straight line (no not drunk :P )
Would be really interested to hear from anyone in a similar situation.
Jude
New In Town

Re: Seroxat

Postby crunchy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Hiya, me too, been on the damned stuff for 8 years. Never come off it without dr advice though please, it can be v dangerous! I still on 60mg per day, must be a complete loon hey? :(
More and more people are now wanting to sue the pharma company due to Seroxat ruining their lives, Im not surprised, however I don't know where I would be now without the stuff? Who knows
crunchy
New In Town

Postby Jude » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Oh Crunchy
60mg yep complete stark raving loony I would say :D
Seriously this drug has helped me but I do think that GP's should make patients aware that it is addictive. My GP still says that it is not.
I do know of a web site if you google seroxat users group should be able to find it.
Worse thing was I was prescribed this for panic attacks not depression, now when I try to come of it I get depressed.
Question - Do you ever wonder if your personality would be different if you had never taken them??
Jude
New In Town

Postby crunchy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:36 pm

only every day Jude! :bounce:
Have seen seroxat users group, they have been v. helpful in the past. I am naughty often and don't comply, but boy do I feel it when I don't - I'm climbing the walls.
Tis a horrid drug, I take it with Lithium - not nice at all. :sleepy3: c'est la vie

:D
crunchy
New In Town

Postby Sad Git » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:56 pm

"Seriously this drug has helped me but I do think that GP's should make patients aware that it is addictive. My GP still says that it is not."

This really struck a nerve with me, the number of GP's (and Psychiatrists for that matter) who don't seem to have any idea of the characteristics and side-effects of the medication that they dispense like sweeties. Seroxat is difficult to withdraw from, and it's not the only one. The best method is just a very slow gradual withdrawl, bite off half a 10mg tablet, then reduce to a quarter, etc.

By the way, if you have problems with Seroxat it doesn't mean there aren't alternatives that might not suit you better, there will always be newer drugs coming out. I'm on Citalopram now which has a similar purpose but the side-effects are much milder. If there are people out there still taking stuff like Largactil then you should really find out about the newer advances on the market.
Don't allow the McMedia to keep the public ignorant, download our leaflets now!
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... S%20bw.pdf
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... Mother.pdf
Sad Git
On Parole

Postby somthinfishie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:38 am

Don`t know if this will help,my OH was on 60mgs for 4yrs,once He decided to come off he took the same dose every other day for a month,then for the next month took 30mgs a day,following with 30mgs every other day for the next,and so on.

It did take a long time,but,no side efffects as he cut down so gradualy,he now has his own business as a courier,only 18 months after stopping the Seroxat altogether.~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum