does anyone live with chronic pain

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: does anyone live with chronic pain

Postby lindy » Tue May 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi everyone, like all of you I have osteoarthritis of my hip,knees and s i joint dysfuntion.I was fobbed off for year's and told to live with getting old. Well last year I said NO I WON'T I paid £130 and saw the orthopedic surgeon privatly best thing I ever did,first new xrays then I had an injection in the s i joint,it gave a little relief but soon the pain broke through again.In the meantime my knee's became swollen and could not walk well and then I was sacked from work. FEB 08 I had more xray's and found that the knee's have deterated quickly and there is no cartledge,so in APRIL I had an arthroscopy and now need a new knee.But just walking causes so much pain in my knees,hip and back that I dont go out any more. Been refused LDA as the medical examiner say's I only have mild problem's. I just wish she had said that to my face. I feel better know nowing I'm not alone,other people live with pain as well. What Ihave found and will tell anyone don't be fobbed off with your pain you deserve better.
lindy
New In Town

Postby benidicta » Fri May 09, 2008 8:57 pm

lindy wrote:Hi everyone, like all of you I have osteoarthritis of my hip,knees and s i joint dysfuntion.I was fobbed off for year's and told to live with getting old. Well last year I said NO I WON'T I paid £130 and saw the orthopedic surgeon privatly best thing I ever did,first new xrays then I had an injection in the s i joint,it gave a little relief but soon the pain broke through again.In the meantime my knee's became swollen and could not walk well and then I was sacked from work. FEB 08 I had more xray's and found that the knee's have deterated quickly and there is no cartledge,so in APRIL I had an arthroscopy and now need a new knee.But just walking causes so much pain in my knees,hip and back that I dont go out any more. Been refused LDA as the medical examiner say's I only have mild problem's. I just wish she had said that to my face. I feel better know nowing I'm not alone,other people live with pain as well. What Ihave found and will tell anyone don't be fobbed off with your pain you deserve better.

HAD A TOTAL KNEE REPLACMENT JUST 2 YEARS AGO, i put it of myself for years, i was 54 when i had the replacment as i could no longer walk, its the best thing i evere did
SUNSHINE
MOONLIGHT
GOODTIMES
BUGGY
THEY JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES
benidicta
First Time Offender

Postby earthspirit » Fri May 09, 2008 9:08 pm

not sure if this has anything to do with madeleine but im firstly a homeopath and secondly suffer extreme chronic paid due to a two broken cervical vertibrae which whilst being broken severed the main artery at the back of my neck - which is why i have commented on broken necks on madeleine threads

i dont use my right arm properly but live like an non disabled person (unless of course my sometimes strange cryptic postings on here indicate an unstable mind)

so if anyone wants some alternative health care advice free to forum users please feel free to pm me

my own condition causes pins and needles in my face arms nose and seriously affects the trigeminal nerve, causes 60% hearing loss in one ear, jaw pain lack of balance and a host of othe symptoms - i find that my own mental attitude helps as well as the drugs and alternative remedies that i take
earthspirit_truthseeker on the mirror forum

always searching for the truth and for now, for madeleine, who never got to be 4
earthspirit
On Parole

Postby somthinfishie » Sun May 11, 2008 12:57 am

earthspirit wrote:not sure if this has anything to do with madeleine but im firstly a homeopath and secondly suffer extreme chronic paid due to a two broken cervical vertibrae which whilst being broken severed the main artery at the back of my neck - which is why i have commented on broken necks on madeleine threads

i dont use my right arm properly but live like an non disabled person (unless of course my sometimes strange cryptic postings on here indicate an unstable mind)

so if anyone wants some alternative health care advice free to forum users please feel free to pm me

my own condition causes pins and needles in my face arms nose and seriously affects the trigeminal nerve, causes 60% hearing loss in one ear, jaw pain lack of balance and a host of othe symptoms - i find that my own mental attitude helps as well as the drugs and alternative remedies that i take

Hello Earthspirit,please start a thread on your alternative health care here,as this part of the forum is for health issues I`m sure we`d all be gratefull for any advise you can give us.

I do agree that a attitude of positivity when dealing with cronic pain helps a lot,nerve pain is an especially hard type to treat succesfully,so can,without a good attitude become a monster.

Do hope you feel able to contribute.x~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby bootsy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi everyone quite a new poster here i had a trapped sciatic nerve when i was expecting my first son 27 years ago and the pain was excruciating and i still have sciatica even to this day ive just learnt to put up with the pain,the whole side of my right foot is completely numb probably due to nerve damage,as i dont want to have any operations or continualy be on pain killers i just put up with it as a Doctor once told me [once you've had a back problem you have it for life] laso i have slipped three discs in my lower back
bootsy
New In Town

Postby somthinfishie » Tue May 20, 2008 12:18 am

bootsy wrote:Hi everyone quite a new poster here i had a trapped sciatic nerve when i was expecting my first son 27 years ago and the pain was excruciating and i still have sciatica even to this day ive just learnt to put up with the pain,the whole side of my right foot is completely numb probably due to nerve damage,as i dont want to have any operations or continualy be on pain killers i just put up with it as a Doctor once told me [once you've had a back problem you have it for life] laso i have slipped three discs in my lower back

Hello and welcome Bootsy,have been told that the operation may even make things worse,but you sure are brave,not sure what I`d do without painkillers.~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Shadow » Sat May 24, 2008 9:24 am

lindy wrote:Hi everyone, like all of you I have osteoarthritis of my hip,knees and s i joint dysfuntion.I was fobbed off for year's and told to live with getting old. Well last year I said NO I WON'T I paid £130 and saw the orthopedic surgeon privatly best thing I ever did,first new xrays then I had an injection in the s i joint,it gave a little relief but soon the pain broke through again.In the meantime my knee's became swollen and could not walk well and then I was sacked from work. FEB 08 I had more xray's and found that the knee's have deterated quickly and there is no cartledge,so in APRIL I had an arthroscopy and now need a new knee.But just walking causes so much pain in my knees,hip and back that I dont go out any more. Been refused LDA as the medical examiner say's I only have mild problem's. I just wish she had said that to my face. I feel better know nowing I'm not alone,other people live with pain as well. What Ihave found and will tell anyone don't be fobbed off with your pain you deserve better.

-

Lindy, claim again for DLA, just about everybody gets turned down the 1st time, and the 2nd, and the 3rd....!
Don't give up.

My husband broke his back in an accident and is disabled. It took me 2 years to win his benefits, yet a friend of ours who lives in a different area and has intermittent spinal problems, got a lifetime award! The Physio who came on home visits for a while told us that her son had a motor bike accident and is now quadraplegic and obviously, wheelchair-bound. He was turned down as well.

This website was a fantastic find, it's run by a barrister and benefits expert. If you become a member (18.95 a year - and worth every single penny) you can then download guides that will take you through your benefit form step by step to make sure you answer with as much information as possible so that you score as many points as possible. There's also a forum where you can get help & advice from
the experts:

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/
Gerry McCann said: "It could have been worse, we could have lost the twins too.
Shadow
First Time Offender

Previous

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum