does anyone live with chronic pain

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: does anyone live with chronic pain

Postby Jules1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:29 am

artemis1013 wrote:Hi everyone and carly Michelle epsecially. Yes I have fibromyalgia, Chronic fatiguie syndome and arthritis in some joints. best wishes to all who struggle with days of pain.

Hello all - Artemis, I also suffer with the same condition as your good self. Since October 2005. I was first prescribed 30/500 co-codamol and diclofenec. Although they knocked the edge of the pain (only a little edge) they made me vomit and feel dizzy. I have heard very good reports of those Tens machines - an old client of mine, his daughter was suffereing with cancer and he said the pain relief was nothing short of a miracle.

Although clawing my way back to recovery I find I have become very anxious.

Good luck to you all.
Jules1
New In Town

Postby artemis1013 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:39 am

Hi Jules. Yes thy have given me something similar. I felt dizzy with diclofenac as well and they changed me to codrydomol and meloxicam. Plus they put me on sleeping tablets because the doc said that if it helps me sleep and turns off some pain at night I won't be in so much discomfort in the day. I have just been given a tens machine but i need new pads and batteries for it. Will look forward to trying that out. They also gave me citppram for stress/depression although i am not depressed. I think they give those by rote. LOL. I distract myself with reading and making digital artwork for another website I'm on. Best wishes to you. I get anxious days too but most times i feel very very tired and not up to much. Its worse in the winter don't you think?
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Postby Jules1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:01 am

Yes Artemis I feel much worse in the winter - the cold makes the pains much worse and when you can't do much the dark mornings and evenings are awful. I too was eventually prescribed citalopram but then I had become depressed. After being a workaholic all my life it was difficult not being able to function. I felt useless and that there was no future. I'm able to get around a bit better now but still have problems writing. Still pretty forgetful too.

My pc has been a godsend over the past couple of years. I probably read a couple of books a week.

Take care to all.
Jules1
New In Town

Postby artemis1013 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:10 am

The computer and internet keeps me sane as I was a very active person before all this. Must ahve had it about 20 years now. I am just my kids had grown by the time it took hold so much. My kids are 21 and 16 and area big help. Helps too if you have a compassionate and helpful partner so I am lucky in that respect.
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Postby Jules1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 am

Have just been sat in the garden. Lovely and sunny but I put hat, gloves etc on so the cold doesn't affect my joints. I too have a great partner. Through the worst of my illness he had to put me in the shower, take me to the loo and chop up my food and feed me. Great kids too 26,24 and 18.
Jules1
New In Town

Postby artemis1013 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 am

Lovely and sunny? Umm Not here. Its a tad too cold to go out right now. I'm in Hampshire. Thats good to hear that your family are supportive.
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Postby Jules1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:59 am

I'm in Wiltshire - the sun might reach you yet.
Jules1
New In Town

Postby artemis1013 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:16 am

Ah right Creeping across salisbury plain. We are on the wilts hants border I will give you a clue. This is the home town of the TROGGS :alien:
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Postby Jules1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:49 am

Ah ha - Andover ( I had to look that up).

I come from the town of the magic roundabout - not the kids programme
Jules1
New In Town

Postby artemis1013 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:56 am

I KNOW THE ONE WELL. mY EX CAME FROM THERE HEHEHEHEH whoospe
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Postby artemis1013 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:57 am

LOL according to my ex years and years ago, when they built that the first two cars to crash on it were two cop cars LOL
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Postby Jules1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jules1
New In Town

Postby rose238 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Hello Carly. I sympathise with you regarding your problems. My 31 year old son has severe CP and cannot do anything for himself at all. He's also an epileptic (controlled with drugs). However he isl in no pain, but suffers from depression. On the other hand I am in a lot of pain with osteoarthritis in my feet, knees and hips. The pain in my feet can be excrutiating at times and prevents me from sleeping. I have started to take glucosamine and chondroitin capsules and they give me quite a measure of relief. I know they have helped others too. All the doctor prescribed was 30/500 cocodamol. They help a little, but not much.
I do lots of crosswords to take my mind off things and am addicted to the 3 arguidos forum.
I love to read everyone's posts. It sounds daft, but I'm beginning to look on you all as friends.
Is that sad or what?
LOVE HEALS EVERYONE --- both those who receive it
and those who give it.
{Anthony de Mello}
rose238
New In Town

Postby blondie2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:39 pm

carlymichelle wrote:you guys have seem my posts on the DM and know my circumstances but does anyone else

Yes Carly. I had ME [CFS] for three years and spent the first year almost totally bed bound . The first year the pains were so severe that painkillers did not relieve the pain. That is why I have stood up for you in the past when you were being bullied.

I found acupuncture along with a homeopathic remedy very effective . Am fine now TG. Am one of the lucky ones.

Hope the forum helps to take your mind off things.
And I do understand where you are coming from.
REGARDS Bxx
blondie2
Mafia Boss

Postby blondie2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:44 pm

rose238 wrote:Hello Carly. I sympathise with you regarding your problems. My 31 year old son has severe CP and cannot do anything for himself at all. He's also an epileptic (controlled with drugs). However he isl in no pain, but suffers from depression. On the other hand I am in a lot of pain with osteoarthritis in my feet, knees and hips. The pain in my feet can be excrutiating at times and prevents me from sleeping. I have started to take glucosamine and chondroitin capsules and they give me quite a measure of relief. I know they have helped others too. All the doctor prescribed was 30/500 cocodamol. They help a little, but not much.
I do lots of crosswords to take my mind off things and am addicted to the 3 arguidos forum.
I love to read everyone's posts. It sounds daft, but I'm beginning to look on you all as friends.
Is that sad or what?

No not at all sad. I have my cyber friends and my real life friends. Am on the computer way too long at times . Have to tear myself away to see my real friends. As I work from home it is far too easy to switch from emails to the 3 A's . So yes we are your friends.
Last edited by blondie2 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blondie2
Mafia Boss

PreviousNext

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum