does anyone live with chronic pain

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

does anyone live with chronic pain

Postby carlymichelle » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:25 am

you guys have seem my posts on the DM and know my circumstances but does anyone else
carlymichelle
On Parole

Re: does anyone live with chronic pain

Postby somthinfishie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Carly,yes I do,fractured my spine back in 96,had it pinned and plated but lower lumber spine was left unstable due to ostioporosis,I have a permenent "slipped"disc.chronic pain,loss of feeling or over stimulation of feeling in legs,one or the other happily
, not both together.also suffer with psoriatic arthritus,an inflamotory arthritus similar in effect to rhuemetiod.

I`m quite small 4 10..1/2 and weigh 6.2 soaking so most meds either knock me out or make me vomit.

Try to keep smiling though,nothing else to do.

fishie.XX
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:09 am

carlymichelle wrote:you guys have seem my posts on the DM and know my circumstances but does anyone else

Sorry to butt in, but I am unfamiliar with your posts regarding your health problems, posted on the DM. However, I am experienced with alternative therapies and natural remedies, and there are many things available for chronic pain. I suffer from a chronic illness myself, that doesn't cause continual pain, but does cause a host of other miserable symptoms, that I have to live with for the rest of my life since as of present there is no cure. I have found a lot of relief in alternative therapies for myself when doctors and mainstream medicine have been useless. It really depends on the cause of your chronic pain, but there is help out there. Please don't give up. A few examples of things that can help are reflexology, acupuncture/accupressure, seeing a chiropractor and having your spine realigned. Internally, white willow bark herb is a natural pain reliever, and is where aspirin comes from. If inflamation is the cause or you suffer from arthritis, one of the best things I have ever seen is a combination of glucosamine and chondroitin, taken in capsule form. I saw with my own eyes how that helped an elderly lady, as well as a younger woman suffering from muscular problems, walk again upright without any pain.
Anyway, sorry for droning on, but I can relate to what you're going through somewhat, and wanted to give you some info. Hope things work out for you.
Some links:
http://www.vitaminstuff.com/herbs-white-willow.html
http://www.aromacaring.co.uk/glucosamine_fact_sheet.htm
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby somthinfishie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:34 am

Thanks Moe,will try the capsules, I can`t have physical therapies due to instability of spine,Carly suffers with several disabilities CP being her most problematic AFAICR.Sure she`ll let you know.Thanks again.~~fishie

somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby MoeSzyslak » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:05 pm

No problem. Really hope capsules help. One thing to keep in mind, is natural remedies sometimes take weeks to take effect, because they are treating the root causes of the pain, as opposed to just treating the symptoms. Also, if a supplement doesn't work for you, don't give up hope. Sometimes, it's trial and error to find what works with your body. I speak from experience. LOL. Take care.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby bluebabe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:41 pm

I think you should be taking a good look at http://www.supernutrient.com at both fibromyalgia and also osteoporosis and also. Dr Brice E Vickery has 50 yrs experience and has scientifically devised treatment plans he is a now retired Holistic Applied Kinesiologist/Chiropracter who is constantly busy doing his scientific studies in South Carolina. I have osteoporosis and fibromyalgia,he recommends the latter treatment protocol due to it also treats the digestion. My son and i are both going to try it we have the stuff sent over last week-if you order order the SuperIntensive Fibro starter pack and ask for EMS delivery system ask them to label it commercial samples or gift.

Also http://www.imva.com about transdermal magnesium....it can be bought from health leads uk and also i have a number of someone who imports natural stuff -PM me if you want the number)and is doing this and the magnascent iodine and other liquid plant based minerals as well as magnesium oil. It is actually chloride and is mined from deep in sea bed and is a brine and you bathe in it,or and spray to skin,there is a book on it too. Also visit http://www.detoxyourworld.com for Himalayan crystal salt that you make into a so-lay Sole. For minerals. Serralone is a very good Serrapeptase from the silk worm,an enzyme this will keep you free from obstructions in arterial system. I have no financial interests in these companies whatsoever,just research that is scientific sense. Also Activated Zeolite for heavy metal and chemical removals i just bought some from http://www.liquid-zeolite.co.uk as it is the one suspended in humic and fulvic acids not heat or chemical treated.You have to drink a lot of flitered water with this so you don't get dehydrated and i advise no tea coffee or alchohol as these are serious dehydrators and lowers blood pressure so mucho water and take in water,at least 8oz each hour-you may need more,do not allow your mouth to become dry as that is dehydration.
I sincerely hope it helps both of you......maybe you would like to save this info or print it off for future reference.
The digestive system is very damaged and you will have systemic candida too whether you know it or not and a protein/sulphur deficiency and he is the only person and has patented his product and Dr Vickery as above has no pharmaceutical industry interests, unlike doctors.
Last edited by bluebabe on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bluebabe
New In Town

Postby carlymichelle » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:47 pm

somthinfishie wrote:Thanks Moe,will try the capsules, I can`t have physical therapies due to instability of spine,Carly suffers with several disabilities CP being her most problematic AFAICR.Sure she`ll let you know.Thanks again.~~fishie

yeah i have type one diabetes severe scoliosis of my spine 53 and 55 degeres chronic pain as a result and probable arthritis and mild cerebal palsy also anxiety/clinical depression
carlymichelle
On Parole

Postby bluebabe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:08 pm

carlymichelle you should really look at the supernutrient site though and what i've just put out for you,hope you will consider it.Also the magnesium deficiency causes pain and diabetes is involved,it's complex also the magnesium oil was used back in the 1970s at Edinburgh hosptial to soak the autistic children in magnesium baths as it gets into tissues quicker-you gain a lot of insight from the sites i mentioned.Also thyroid issues and enzymes but the supernutirent treatment would right these things if you could give it time.
bluebabe
New In Town

Postby somthinfishie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks BlueBabe,very helpful,saved the page so I can research more,willing to try almost anything,GP gives me scripts for tramadol,it makes me ill,so he says take paracetamol then.~~fishie

somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby gonzo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:03 pm

I have arthritis pretty bad and have recently started taking
Devils Claw capsules. Got to be honest I haven't been taking them very long
but I have been able to reduce the amount of pain killers I used to take.
gonzo
Suspect

Postby kcr1 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:21 pm

hiya everyone i have diabetis type 2 thats not to bad at present. but i do suffer with osteoarthritis in my lower spine which can be stiff and very painful.
just over the last couple of years i have had stiffness and pains in what i thought was my hip ( right hip ) it may be a refered pain though because it is just a bit lower from the hip. intense pain on walking and getting in and out of bed.
just lately i have been haveing to use my elbow cruch or walking stick which i have noticed i am becomeing more and more reliable on i have always got fro a-b under my own steam since being diagnosed with osteoarthritis but now this in my hip
has eft me with no chioce but chin up hey
kcr1
Local Lag

Postby somthinfishie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:02 pm

[quote="kcr1"]hiya everyone i have diabetis type 2 thats not to bad at present. but i do suffer with osteoarthritis in my lower spine which can be stiff and very painful.
just over the last couple of years i have had stiffness and pains in what i thought was my hip ( right hip ) it may be a refered pain though because it is just a bit lower from the hip. intense pain on walking and getting in and out of bed.
just lately i have been haveing to use my elbow cruch or walking stick which i have noticed i am becomeing more and more reliable on i have always got fro a-b under my own steam since being diagnosed with osteoarthritis but now this in my hip
has eft me with no chioce but chin up hey[/quote]

Hi kcr1,thats just the type of pain I get,had it xrayed at the end of 2006 and was told that due to general weakness a disc had prolapsed,had a scan booked for Feb 07,they cancelled,not heard anything since.

Sitinng walking even laying down is painful but the worst is standing still,pins and neddles burning cramping ect,washing up is excruciating.
Depending on your area you might get treatment quickly if it is a disc.In my area it`s low priority.

Hope you get some help.~~~fishie

somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby somthinfishie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 pm

[quote="bb2002"]I do carly. I have MS and sometimes the pain is really bad. I also have a slipped disc, Ive been waiting for over 2 years for an operation on the NHS, 4 times now its been cancelled :roll:[/quote]

You`ve got my sympathy bb2002,I`ve only been waiting 15mons.Why is chronic pain such low priority on the NHS it`s disabling as well as miserable isn`t it.

Hope you get sorted soon.~~~fishie

somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby kcr1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 pm

thankyou fishie been in bad pain for two days couldnt walk yesterday time to go back to the drs i think
kcr1
Local Lag

Postby artemis1013 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:11 am

Hi everyone and carly Michelle epsecially. Yes I have fibromyalgia, Chronic fatiguie syndome and arthritis in some joints. best wishes to all who struggle with days of pain.
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Next

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum