I'm going to quit smoking....

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: I'm going to quit smoking....

Postby Adonia » Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 pm

smurf wrote:Thanks wjk :D ..I was going to reply to you way back but I'm not quite at myself with out the nictoine....I've become all dizzy and forgetful :lol: :lol:

good evening Smurf.... :D hope youre well....

im still on them damn horrible things with Tripz my exuse is my little cat is still missing ive done every thing possible police, rspca, pdsa data base, missing cat sites, vets, shops, lamposts, leaflets etc "still no fluffy" hope fully she has gone on a wander and will come back.. any way not had any bad news so as the saying goes no news is good news..
i must say ive been hit with anxiety sleepless nights lots of tears chest pains and been thinking of madeleine too ... :(

i even blamed the moon... :oops: well the man in the moon sees everything.. :wink:

im hoping to follow you again Smurf and quit heres hoping i keep saying "I DONT WANT THEM" "DONT NEED THEM" AND "THEY ARE NO GOOD FOR ME" AND SLEEPING IN THE DAY BECAUSE OF MY LUNGS TOO...OUCH. BUT SMOKE DOUBLE WHEN IM AWAKE.

i was all geared up last monday... :oops:
never give up giving up.

anyway Smurf i meant to ask you are you on patches ? as they give me night mares and ive thought about the other tablets cant think what there called but you are allowed to smoke on them oh yeah chimpax lol me thinks?... memory loss is terrible.
good luck Smurf all my love Adonia xxx :D

keep up the good work lioned ..... :D

TRIPZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ .... :shock: :shock: :shock:
goodluck chelsea ill be backing you all the way " UP THE CUP"

Goodnight godbless everyone xxx :D

.........justice for madeleine.........
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby smurf » Tue May 20, 2008 10:26 pm

Hi Adonia :) ..Thanks!
Sorry to hear you didn't find your little puddy cat yet :( . I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that she shows up soon.

Your chest doesn't sound good at all, I do hope you find the courage to give it another go...

I'm doing it cold turkey, I tried everything in the past but nothing worked for me.
The Chimpax, doesn't appeal to me at all(the side effects are too much)!! But I have heard from lots that think it's brilliant....I took your tip and went for the mints so I'm sucking on extra strong mints most of the time...I think they help cause I wouldn't dream of having a ciggy with a mint!

Take Care and I hope you join in soon :)
smurf
Suspect

Postby somthinfishie » Tue May 20, 2008 10:33 pm

Adonia wrote:
smurf wrote:Thanks wjk :D ..I was going to reply to you way back but I'm not quite at myself with out the nictoine....I've become all dizzy and forgetful :lol: :lol:

im still on them damn horrible things with Tripz my exuse is my little cat is still missing ive done every thing possible police, rspca, pdsa data base, missing cat sites, vets, shops, lamposts, leaflets etc "still no fluffy" hope fully she has gone on a wander and will come back.. any way not had any bad news so as the saying goes no news is good news..
i must say ive been hit with anxiety sleepless nights lots of tears chest pains and been thinking of madeleine too ... :(

i even blamed the moon... :oops: well the man in the moon sees everything.. :wink:

im hoping to follow you again Smurf and quit heres hoping i keep saying "I DONT WANT THEM" "DONT NEED THEM" AND "THEY ARE NO GOOD FOR ME" AND SLEEPING IN THE DAY BECAUSE OF MY LUNGS TOO...OUCH. BUT SMOKE DOUBLE WHEN IM AWAKE.

never give up giving up.

anyway Smurf i meant to ask you are you on patches ? as they give me night mares and ive thought about the other tablets cant think what there called but you are allowed to smoke on them oh yeah chimpax lol me thinks?... memory loss is terrible.

Hi Adonia,so sorry Fluffy`s still not home,you can be forgiven for needing the cigs at such a worrying time.
Hope Fuffy comes back soon,full of mischief.Love and best wishes to you,take care.xxx~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Adonia » Tue May 20, 2008 10:33 pm

smurf wrote:Hi Adonia :) ..Thanks!
Sorry to hear you didn't find your little puddy cat yet :( . I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that she shows up soon.

Your chest doesn't sound good at all, I do hope you find the courage to give it another go...

I'm doing it cold turkey, I tried everything in the past but nothing worked for me.
The Chimpax, doesn't appeal to me at all(the side effects are too much)!! But I have heard from lots that think it's brilliant....I took your tip and went for the mints so I'm sucking on extra strong mints most of the time...I think they help cause I wouldn't dream of having a ciggy with a mint!

Take Care and I hope you join in soon :)

hello Smurf... :D coeeee its only me... :mrgreen: im happy for you and cold turkey aswell.... :shock: me thinks thats what i want to do aswell.... :mrgreen:

i was thinking of the tablets and being able to smoke on them doesnt appeal to me either....

do you find the mints helpfull... i was thinking of those white hard mints aswell nice flavour also foxes glacier mints i still have mine un sucked... :oops:

dont go for the extra strong ones though...

told you they would work didnt i you just need to back track... :mrgreen:

oh ps im thrusting at the hospital tomorrow.... hahaha :mrgreen:

anyway ill pop in tomorrow evening to see you in the mean time take care big hugzzzz good night godbless all my love Adonia xxx :D

......justice for madelenie.......
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby Adonia » Tue May 20, 2008 10:44 pm

somthinfishie wrote:
Adonia wrote:

never give up giving up.

Hi Adonia,so sorry Fluffy`s still not home,you can be forgiven for needing the cigs at such a worrying time.
Hope Fuffy comes back soon,full of mischief.Love and best wishes to you,take care.xxx~~fishie

good evening somthinfishie.... :D

thankyou for youre concern... if she comes back shes definatly grounded.... :mrgreen: my sons been naughty hes been stressed out and my other cat is starting to speak to me... :wink:

shes even sleeping in her cat bed we bought for her last year that shes never slept in ..when she hears me shout fluffy she comes running in from another room meowing thinking fluffys come home bless her..me thinks soomeones taken fluffy in because shes so loving and every bodys friend so it wouldnt suprise me its so heart rendering for us all... :( thats why i cant understand the mcCanns not showing grief its not easy to keep it in and imo i wouldnt care if people watch me ive even been crying at my living room window.... :(

ooh well alls not lost anyway must get some rest as im so shattered take care and godbless you and thankyou xxx :D

.....justice for madeleine......
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby lioned » Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 pm

wjk wrote:Keep up the good work, lioned and smurf, I'm following your progress, your both doing so well :D

Cheers wjk :bounce:
lioned
Local Lag

Postby smurf » Wed May 21, 2008 10:00 pm

Adonia wrote:
hello Smurf... :D coeeee its only me... :mrgreen: im happy for you and cold turkey aswell.... :shock: me thinks thats what i want to do aswell.... :mrgreen:

i was thinking of the tablets and being able to smoke on them doesnt appeal to me either....

do you find the mints helpfull... i was thinking of those white hard mints aswell nice flavour also foxes glacier mints i still have mine un sucked... :oops:

anyway ill pop in tomorrow evening to see you in the mean time take care big hugzzzz good night godbless all my love Adonia xxx :D

Hi Adonia :D ...Yes, indeed I do think your mints help me, for the following reasons. 1) Whilst sucking a mint the thought of smoke is not very appealing 2) I always have a mint ready to pop in my mouth straight after a meal so I avoid the craving entirely 3) I also believe the mints are aiding my digestion, in the past when I've tried to stop it was as thought my digestion stopped also...but now this time everthing seems to be moving on through me a normal.
I've been using those extra strong mints, since my local Netto is doing a deal on them at the moment, 5 packs for 99p!

Any word of Fluffy yet?

Smurfy xx
smurf
Suspect

Postby Adonia » Wed May 21, 2008 11:31 pm

smurf wrote:
Adonia wrote:

Hi Adonia :D ...Yes, indeed I do think your mints help me, for the following reasons. 1) Whilst sucking a mint the thought of smoke is not very appealing 2) I always have a mint ready to pop in my mouth straight after a meal so I avoid the craving entirely 3) I also believe the mints are aiding my digestion, in the past when I've tried to stop it was as thought my digestion stopped also...but now this time everthing seems to be moving on through me a normal.
I've been using those extra strong mints, since my local Netto is doing a deal on them at the moment, 5 packs for 99p!

Any word of Fluffy yet?

Smurfy xx

Helo my friend.. :D im glad youre keeping up the good work well im now ready to start again im on my dregs of tobbaco and i guess my lungs are not being nice to me either, ive been fighting for breath for five nights and days now so its now or never else i wont see this all to the end..no signs of fluffy ive involved all the agencys possible i think someones taken her in..im so heart broken i know you shouldnt have favourites but she was mine i bought her for my son whos at uni away from home so hes sad aswell..anyway i spoke to her about everything she was my rock.... especially after hours lol..oh god please guide fluffy home.. :( even the children keep knocking my door saying theyve seen her ....no leads... :(
ill keep you posted xxx :D i didnt go hospital today im really not too good and its not like me to not keep appointments really but im going next week.... :mrgreen:

anyway xtra strong mints yuk ... :shock:

but in reality im sending you all my love Adonia xxx :D

must go now will speak to you tomorrow its my sons birthday friday hes 19 not so young now aye...hes catching up with me bless him xxx :D

godbless you all xxx :D

......justice for madeleine......
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby nurgis » Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 am

Tripz
don't worry if you can not stop smoking :wink:
I love to puff a Monte Cristo cicar once in a while but unfortunately my lungs are not up to it yet.
So when they are I will have a cicar. Life is to short to have hang ups and I must die from something
someday so I might as well enjoy it while I can. Long live the smokers they are a dying breed :mrgreen:
Love to all
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby Snowleopard » Thu May 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Tripz, sorry you have had a relapse. Hope you are ok and not too down about it.
Mr Snowleopard is trying to quit yet again as he has terrible breathing. He is trying to cut down now his regime is as follows:- Gets up has 1 cigarette.
Puts a 15mg patch on
After teatime takes patch off, has a cigarette
Supper time and then 1 cigarette.

So by doing this he is helping his lungs by significantly reducing his intake. He is covered from cravings by having the patch on he also is comforting himself by keeping his smoking action going with the 3 cigarettes.

His next step is to get a nicotine inhalator from the nurse at the stopping smoking clinic so that this should replace those odd cigarettes he has. It doesn't matter if he keeps on with the nicotine replacement products because they are not the harmful thing. The main thing is to protect his lungs and arteries from any further damage.

I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you as I thought it may give you a few options to chew over. Nobody wants to have to give up if they enjoy smoking, it's the smoking that makes you have to give up in the end.
Snowleopard
Local Lag

Postby lioned » Thu May 22, 2008 4:37 pm

nurgis wrote:Tripz
don't worry if you can not stop smoking :wink:
I love to puff a Monte Cristo cicar once in a while but unfortunately my lungs are not up to it yet.
So when they are I will have a cicar. Life is to short to have hang ups and I must die from something
someday so I might as well enjoy it while I can. Long live the smokers they are a dying breed :mrgreen:
Love to all

Oh Dear nurgis,i wish i could just be disciplined enough to have the 'occasional' cigar.I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and as is the tradition the cigars were going around but i couldnt dare have one as i new it would start me off again.
I like smoking it helps to relax and destress,you cant beat a nice roll up with a pint,but i then look at people suffering with lung desease and especially when it is a 'lingering' and uncomfortable death.

Day 119 for me now and i know i keep saying it but it gives me incentive when i know i've got an extra £476 squid in the bank.And i am keeping it in cash in a secret place and every now and then i go and count it and take a deep 'healthy lung' full of air and think of something nice i am going to spend it on.
I make it £1460 per year and that will pay for some sort of holiday.

All those trying to give up just keep thinking of all the advantages and hope you all get through.
Best wishes. Lioned
lioned
Local Lag

Postby nurgis » Thu May 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Dear Lioned sure this is a serious matter and my lungs could not handle any smoke at the moment not even a scented candle burning without getting me coughing :roll:
I am very proud of you that you have reached day 119 and all that money in the kitty :bounce: I wish you all the best.

Mrs. Snowleopard I am so sorry to hear of Mr. Snowleopard. Thank you for sharing and you are right of course, that it is the smoking that makes you give up in the end.

I hope I have not offended anyone talking so lighthearted about smoking, it was not my intentions :roll:
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby lioned » Thu May 22, 2008 8:42 pm

nurgis wrote:Dear Lioned sure this is a serious matter and my lungs could not handle any smoke at the moment not even a scented candle burning without getting me coughing :roll:
I am very proud of you that you have reached day 119 and all that money in the kitty :bounce: I wish you all the best.

Mrs. Snowleopard I am so sorry to hear of Mr. Snowleopard. Thank you for sharing and you are right of course, that it is the smoking that makes you give up in the end.

I hope I have not offended anyone talking so lighthearted about smoking, it was not my intentions :roll:

Thank you nurgis you are very kind.It took me a long time to accept that smoking is bad for you,I think i can honestly say that my decision to give up was equally based on the health issues and the cost and after 119 days i feel richer both health wise and in my pocket so it has worked both ways.
lioned
Local Lag

Postby nurgis » Thu May 22, 2008 9:28 pm

I'll support you all the way Lioned :wink:
Reagarding the chance of me smoking another cicar are slim, but it does not stop me thinking about how
good the last one was :D Some three years ago :wink:
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby Adonia » Sat May 24, 2008 12:33 am

GOOD NEWS MY CAT FLUFFY HAS COME HOME HIP HIP HIP HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

SHES STARVING BUT SHE IS OK AND IM SOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... :D

i think someone accidently locked her in a shed somewhere as she is painfully thin another couple of days i wouldnt be telling the tale...
shes eating little and often i rang the vets and they said just to do that...
alls well that ends well... :D

im so sad that i cant be saying the same about madeleine.....

have a nice day, godbless you all for being there for us.
i love you all my love Adonia and family XXX :D

hope the giving up is still working for you smurf...please let me know how youre doing thankyou... :wink:

.....justice for madeleine.....
Adonia
You're Nicked

PreviousNext

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum