I'm going to quit smoking....

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: I'm going to quit smoking....

Postby Tripz » Wed May 14, 2008 12:25 pm

So the die is cast...The dawn of a new era for me... :mrgreen:

After reading about the poster and the stomach bleeds attributed to chewing the gum...I decided to have the patches instead...21mg pumped through the pores of my bronzed skin...Destiny is all good...No smoking paraphernalia in sight to tempt my prying eye...
The tag of pariah need not apply when frequenting a drinking hole...This my friends is certainly a good day for life longevity... 8)

Will keep you updated on the trials and tribulations I know will be ahead...but 30 yrs a smoker...I believe this is a gooder time than ever to finally stub out the smoking habit...once and for good... :)
Many thanks to ALL those who have wished me good luck! :)

2hrs and counting.... :bounce:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby smurf » Wed May 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Tripz!...How are you feeling?...dizzy yet?

Just want to say Good Luck...

I'm on day two...and it's not easy :(

Hello Adonia...Hope all went well with the Doc...Any word of Fluffy yet?
smurf
Suspect

Postby Tripz » Wed May 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Just had food...mmm..memory says afterwards ciggie time!! :? ...NO ciggie time anymore :evil:

I'm not having dizzy spells...I'm looking forward to the vivid sequence of dreams when I go to bed tonight... :mrgreen:

My partner she's on day 3 of her detox...so far she's doing very well :) ...I'll be saying the same in three days time.. :bounce: :mrgreen:

I'm looking ahead to the big cough...which I've been assured happens...The black creosoted tar which falls away...gawd I've got 30yrs worth to come up...Lovely! :D

We can succeed Believe Smurfy and all the other posters determine to kick the habit... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby cushty » Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 pm

the biggest incentive to staying stopped is that you won't ever have to go through the first few days again

and if you've got a path that needs mending or a flat roof needing patching the 'big cough' might save you a few bob
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby wjk » Wed May 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Good Luck everyone! Stick at it!
From a long time smoker, 30+yrs here too Tripz :oops:
Justice for Maddie
wjk
New In Town

Postby smurf » Wed May 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks wjk!...good to hear it's still possible after so long :D

Tripz..yoiur not dizzy yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ..

Adonia...did you find that puddy cat yet??????
smurf
Suspect

Postby Adonia » Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 pm

smurf wrote:Thanks wjk!...good to hear it's still possible after so long :D

Tripz..yoiur not dizzy yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ..

Adonia...did you find that puddy cat yet??????

good evening everyone... :D hope youve all had a nice day .. :mrgreen:

firstly i must say congratulations to tripz well done how are you feeling? xxx :D

hello smurf.. :D how are you doing i see no comment from youre quest ..come on spill the beans how you doing.. :mrgreen:

no sign of fluffy as yet i begining to think shes looking for a man im not bothered if she comes home pregnant as long as shes safe im so worried... :( and i think its her season time again us ladies keep in tune with each other dont we smurf ... :wink:

anyway my trip to hospital was good i learnt a lot today..and my dr is going to get a telling off from me a while ago i went to her about my hips playing up she said its wear and tear so i got on with life well she was wrong its to do with my blockage drs aye..tut tut...

anyway the physio has given me thrust exersises to do in the morning before i get out of bed ..lift the bottom up and thrust 15 times i said i would need a man for that .. :mrgreen: she said not those kind of thrusts ... :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

anyway she said i have weakness on my right side to do with the blockage and i have to go back every wednesday for physio for an hour at a time ..alls well that ends well in that department for now xxx :D

must go now as im up early take care and have a nice day godbless you all xxx :D

.....justice for madeleine.....
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby smurf » Wed May 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi Adonia,

Good to hear from you :D ...I'm still hanging on here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm sure your right, Fluffy is probably having the time of her life :P ...you shouldn't worry about her, she'll be home with the extended family soon 8) ...

I bet your happy to hear your hips are in tact ... at least you have something to look forward to the morning ...all that thrusting :lol: :lol:

When will that pack of baccy of yours be empty?
smurf
Suspect

Postby lioned » Wed May 14, 2008 10:41 pm

Keep it up you lot it gets better after the second week,i am in week 16 now so that means i have an extra four hundred squid in the bank. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
lioned
Local Lag

Postby smurf » Wed May 14, 2008 10:54 pm

lioned wrote:Keep it up you lot it gets better after the second week,i am in week 16 now so that means i have an extra four hundred squid in the bank. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi Lioned...Your doing well!!...How many were you smoking?...
smurf
Suspect

Postby lioned » Wed May 14, 2008 11:02 pm

smurf wrote:
lioned wrote:Keep it up you lot it gets better after the second week,i am in week 16 now so that means i have an extra four hundred squid in the bank. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi Lioned...Your doing well!!...How many were you smoking?...

Hi smurf i was gettig through 50g of baccy in two days,about 25/30 roll ups a day i guess,depends what i was doing when i'm working dont get much time to stop and roll them !!
If you can cut out those that you really enjoy, first thing in mornig,after food ,with a drink there the hardest the rest is easy,but i am by no means over it yet,i think i've done the hard bit and that is what keeps me going now.
But health wise i am not coughing up horrible black stuff,keep telling yourself that.
Good luck its worth it.
lioned
Local Lag

Postby smurf » Thu May 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi Lioned...sounds like you smoked as much as me!

I've been smoking normal ciggies, 25-30 a day ..but when drinking, a chain smoker...so I don't think I'll be able to have a drink for a looong time , if I want to stay quit!!

Hearing from the likes of yourself gives me courage to stick to it...Thanks :D

As for the coughing..I've never been a cougher :shock: ..even after 20 years of the vile disease!!...some say that's a bad sign that my system is not repelling it as it should do..but then for the last 10 years or so I've been doing a lot of aerobic exrecise as an option rather than quitting!!!

I'm in day 3 now, and even thought I have never been one to smoke in my bedroom or anywhere other than the sitting room(which has been well spring cleaned now)...in the mornings my bedroom stinks of stale ciggs :shock: ...must be my lungs clearing out..

I've got another question for you!!...Have you put on any weight?

My digestion seems to have shut down...and I'm beginning to look pregnant :lol:
smurf
Suspect

Postby lioned » Thu May 15, 2008 4:54 pm

How are you all doing ? Its day 112 for me !! I've been ok today so far as i've been busy and no time to think about it until now.
I have good days and not so good days but keep telling myself that the worst is over.
The first couple of weeks are the hardest so stick with it and it will get better.I was lucky,sort of,as i got a very bad chest infection in January and was really quite ill and went of the fags all together for those two weeks so the 'job' was done for me,but i dont recommend that solution.
I still consider myself a smoker so i dont know at what point,if ever,i will loose the urge altogether.
I gave it up for two years once but then started again!!
Best of luck.
lioned
Local Lag

Postby smurf » Fri May 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Where has everyone gone :? ...I'm I all alone on this mission now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
smurf
Suspect

Postby cushty » Fri May 16, 2008 9:19 pm

smurf wrote:Hi Lioned...sounds like you smoked as much as me!

I've been smoking normal ciggies, 25-30 a day ..but when drinking, a chain smoker...so I don't think I'll be able to have a drink for a looong time , if I want to stay quit!!

Hearing from the likes of yourself gives me courage to stick to it...Thanks :D

As for the coughing..I've never been a cougher :shock: ..even after 20 years of the vile disease!!...some say that's a bad sign that my system is not repelling it as it should do..but then for the last 10 years or so I've been doing a lot of aerobic exrecise as an option rather than quitting!!!

I'm in day 3 now, and even thought I have never been one to smoke in my bedroom or anywhere other than the sitting room(which has been well spring cleaned now)...in the mornings my bedroom stinks of stale ciggs :shock: ...must be my lungs clearing out..

I've got another question for you!!...Have you put on any weight?

My digestion seems to have shut down...and I'm beginning to look pregnant :lol:

your house has always stunk like that - it's just that you now notice it

just as you will always know by your nose when a smoker comes near you
cushty
Mafia Boss

PreviousNext

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum