I'm going to quit smoking....

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: I'm going to quit smoking....

Postby DCB » Tue May 13, 2008 10:01 am

Day 21 of quitting smoking update.

After 10 days and doing really well - smoking down to just the odd few per day (from around 30 a day) - had an extreme allergic reaction to the patches. The skin where all the 10 patches had been became inflamed and itchy, and the new patch felt like acid on my skin. Visited doctor who took me off the patches immediately and gave me Champix as alternative.

Days 11 - 19 gradually increased dosage of Champix but smoked "normally" :(
Day 20 (yesterday) - stopped smoking totally again - now 24 hours without a cig.

No side effects from Champix so far.
On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Postby Tripz » Tue May 13, 2008 11:06 am

DCB wrote:Day 21 of quitting smoking update.

After 10 days and doing really well - smoking down to just the odd few per day (from around 30 a day) - had an extreme allergic reaction to the patches. The skin where all the 10 patches had been became inflamed and itchy, and the new patch felt like acid on my skin. Visited doctor who took me off the patches immediately and gave me Champix as alternative.

Days 11 - 19 gradually increased dosage of Champix but smoked "normally" :(
Day 20 (yesterday) - stopped smoking totally again - now 24 hours without a cig.

No side effects from Champix so far.

Good Morning DCB. :D
Funny you should mention the patches...Both me and the partner felt the itchy sensation when first adhesed...It probably last 10 mins max...No other side-effects were reported only vivid dreams...Glad you were given an alternative. What is Champix?

In exactly 24 hours i'll be entering the clinic...A completely new dawn in my life will begin. One hopes...Committment, determination, and positive mindset I hope to succeed... :)
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby DCB » Tue May 13, 2008 12:56 pm

On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Postby smurf » Tue May 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Adonia...where are you?....did you loose the will to live :lol:

...I'm struggling away here!...trying to keep myself busy in the garden :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
smurf
Suspect

Postby Adonia » Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 pm

smurf wrote:Adonia...where are you?....did you loose the will to live :lol:

...I'm struggling away here!...trying to keep myself busy in the
Garden :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh Smurf...first i hope youre still doing well... :D

well i must say i failed miserably but not without just cause my kitty didnt come back last night and is still missing and as shes only been going out for five days and has not disapeared before obviously i became increasingly worried... :cry:

i did give up last night and threw my ashtrays in the bin ..
woke up this morning feeling fine went outside shouting my kitty shes my baby and is so full of love and she did not come back..shes still missing.. :cry:

then i put on a nicotine patch this morning and went back to bed as i was extremly tired and had nightmares about madeleine..off came the itchy patch... then got woke up by the postie.. so as you can imagine id had enough.. :? so silly me did go and buy a small packet of tobbacco..sorry.. :oops:

and thats my update but i must say tomorrows another day the determination is still there but im sad for my kitty as shes only one years old and not street wise well she wasnt and my other kitty is pining for her too as is my son... so now its all in the lap of the gods im afraid but i will never give up giving up..

i will keep you informed..how are you doing anyway Smurf please let me know all my love Adonia xxx :D
ps i will look into the other posters treatment and see if it will be ok for me too :mrgreen:

edit: i was just reading over the posts and came to my post from last night the ive quit one and felt guilty and stubbed out my fag and now im sucking a fox,s glasier mint and i have a bag full... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: just going to read up on the posters new treatment champix then we all can become champions.. :wink:
..have a nice day godbless you all xxx :D

......justice for madeleine.....
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby smurf » Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

There you are :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..been looking ou for you all day :D

Sorry to hear about your kitty :( ...Any sign of her yet?

I've almost done a full day, cold turkey too!!!! ...and am just too far out in the sticks to think about getting cigs at this hour of the night so I can safely say I'll see it throught to the morning.

When are you giving up next then?
smurf
Suspect

Postby somthinfishie » Tue May 13, 2008 10:12 pm

Good luck to you all,I gave up first week in Jan,had a bad cold,wheezy at night,one night woke fighting to breathe,that was it,decided to stop smoking,havn`t had one since.

Adonia,Hope you`ve found your kitty,it`s horrid when they go missing,I spent nights shaking the box of biscuit treats when Billie was missing,he came back after 3 nights,dirty and hungry,good luck.x~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Tue May 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Thanks DCB for the info :) ...Have you noticed any side-effects with this drug?

12 hours till quitting...nearly run out of baccy what a coincidence... :(

Believe! :bounce:

Sorry to hear about kitty Adonia...situations like that can cause stress..thus fire up the need for a smoke... :oops:

TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Adonia » Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Good evening everyone.. :D hope youre well..

im sad to say my little kitty shes called fluffy and shes still not home im so sad... :cry: we have looked as far as the eyes can see and ive been outside religiously shouting her shaking the buscuits to no avail.. ive left water out for her just incase she comes home ..its been so hot here today and stifeling and to think she might be hungry and thirsty makes me even more sad..and going missing on what would of been madeleines birthday yesterday... :( is just to sad to bear for me and also whats going on in the world.. :cry: whens it all going to stop and heres me upset about fluffy but shes been part of our family for a year and im her mum.. :D just when i think about giving up something always happens..so many people have said dont worry Adonia she will come back and i have faith hopefully she will .. ive had cats before but they have never done this so its new to me really..oh well tomorrows another day and i have to go to the hospital for physio to teach me how to walk properly with the intermittent claudication ... as im too fragile for the op so they are helping me the best they can... :D

anyway less of me ....

well done Smurf for giving up im ever so proud of you big hugzzzzzzzzz xxx :D
wish i could of said the same but i will trust me.... :mrgreen:

and Tripz i will be thinking of you tomorrow keep youre faith and ill be praying for you all godbless xxx :D

and a big hug for everyone who has given us encouragement and thankyou godbless you all and keep up the good work xxx :D

....justice for madeleine.....
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby Adonia » Tue May 13, 2008 11:37 pm

somthinfishie wrote:Good luck to you all,I gave up first week in Jan,had a bad cold,wheezy at night,one night woke fighting to breathe,that was it,decided to stop smoking,havn`t had one since.

Adonia,Hope you`ve found your kitty,it`s horrid when they go missing,I spent nights shaking the box of biscuit treats when Billie was missing,he came back after 3 nights,dirty and hungry,good luck.x~~fishie

hello somethinfishie... :D hope youre well.... :mrgreen:

may i ask you did you use anything to help you ie patches etc...?
and also how long did you smoke for..? and how many ..? please and how easy was it for you ... sorry to be nosey but we need happy ending storys to give us the will power to help ourselves to go forward...thankyou in advance please xxx :D

have a nice day everyone xxx :D

DONT GIVE UP GIVING UP.

.........justice for madeleine..........
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby somthinfishie » Wed May 14, 2008 12:05 am

Adonia wrote:
somthinfishie wrote:Good luck to you all,I gave up first week in Jan,had a bad cold,wheezy at night,one night woke fighting to breathe,that was it,decided to stop smoking,havn`t had one since.

hello somethinfishie... :D hope youre well.... :mrgreen:

may i ask you did you use anything to help you ie patches etc...?
and also how long did you smoke for..? and how many ..? please and how easy was it for you ... sorry to be nosey but we need happy ending storys to give us the will power to help ourselves to go forward...thankyou in advance please xxx :D

have a nice day everyone xxx :D

DONT GIVE UP GIVING UP.

.........justice for madeleine..........

Sorry,just willpower,I felt so ill at the time that I just told myself I would`nt smoke again.The last time I gave up,using willpower,it lasted 2 years.Inbetween smoked for 10 months.Hoping it goes well for all of you.

Don`t give up on Kitty,have you asked about sheds,garages ect?probably yes,worth a try though.xxx~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Wed May 14, 2008 12:52 am

TODAY IS WHEN WE ALL STUB OUT FOR GOOD...NO PROBLEM! I WILL BE SO DETERMINE TO GET MY LUNGS BACK TO SOME NORMAL CAPACITY...THE MONEY WILL GO TO MORE WORTHWHILE PROJECTS...AND THE CEILING WILL GET A FRESH COAT OF EMULSION...MY BODY/CLOTHES WILL SMELL PLEASANT...AND NO MORE YELLOW TEETH AND FURRED TONGUE...CAN'T FORGET THE YELLOW FINGERS...

THE PLEASURES OF SMOKING ARE WHAT AGAIN :?: :?:

WHO'S OFFICIAL IN SIGN BELOW...NO TURNING BACK NEVER!!! :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TRIPZ~I'M IN FOR LIFE :D
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby nurgis » Wed May 14, 2008 3:37 am

So this is it Tripz of Babylon
Gather your streangth and may the force be with you my friend
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby Adonia » Wed May 14, 2008 8:41 am

Tripz wrote:TODAY IS WHEN WE ALL STUB OUT FOR GOOD...NO PROBLEM! I WILL BE SO DETERMINE TO GET MY LUNGS BACK TO SOME NORMAL CAPACITY...THE MONEY WILL GO TO MORE WORTHWHILE PROJECTS...AND THE CEILING WILL GET A FRESH COAT OF EMULSION...MY BODY/CLOTHES WILL SMELL PLEASANT...AND NO MORE YELLOW TEETH AND FURRED TONGUE...CAN'T FORGET THE YELLOW FINGERS...

THE PLEASURES OF SMOKING ARE WHAT AGAIN :?: :?:

WHO'S OFFICIAL IN SIGN BELOW...NO TURNING BACK NEVER!!! :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TRIPZ~I'M IN FOR LIFE :D

Good morning Tripz.... :mrgreen: just popped in to wish you good luck and all the best. and i AGREE with youre post above entirely...do you know what help the clinic will offer you or not..maybe you can give us an update later... :wink: take care will be thinking of you xxx :D

thankyou Somthinfishie for the information it was very kind of you to come back and let me know..thankyou again ..have a nice day,xxx :D

still no update on fluffy but i am trying we have looked in sheds etc, so i will post an add in the shop in a short while as i need to find her but i have a funny feeling a local tom whos a bully might of scared her off as shes a timid little thing and i would say its out of character for her but i will keep you all informed... :?

must go now to get some housework done before my hospital apointment...speak to you all later take care and godbless, all my love Adonia xxx :D

Smurf if youre about hellooooooooooooo... :mrgreen:

hope youre still doing well today ..thinking of you take care much love Adonia xxx :D

.....justice for madeleine......
Last edited by Adonia on Wed May 14, 2008 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby swati » Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 am

Tripz wrote:I'm question why did I venture into this forum...In first place?? :( ...I'm going to consider the smoking on my birthday next month... :wink: ...We have support nurse who runs a clinic for smokers who want to quit...I understand you must be 99.9% sure that is what you want to do or else I believe you will succome to the dreaded weed once more...I'll let you know when I'm intending to quit and we can support eachother through the withdrawls and hopefully have nice smelling breath and clothes...And healthy bodies and bank balances... :)

A month to go??? :( :shock: :wink:

A month? dont procrastinate :do it NOW
Old smokers advise
swati
New In Town

PreviousNext

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum