I'm going to quit smoking....

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: I'm going to quit smoking....

Postby lioned » Fri May 16, 2008 10:04 pm

smurf wrote:Where has everyone gone :? ...I'm I all alone on this mission now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Smurf you are not alone i shall be watching your progress,day 4 for you now ?

Did you ask me this,i missed it on your last post ?

" I've got another question for you!!...Have you put on any weight?"

I am lucky that i have never had a problem with weight as i am always quite active with my work and socially always doing something,nervous energy and all that,just not a 'fat' sort of person.
Have you tried taking up any new hoby's,sports etc,swimming is very good,if you like that you will realise how much better you can breath and swim and not get out of breath.
Anything to keep you busy and get your mind of the dreaded weed.
lioned
Local Lag

Postby smurf » Sat May 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi Lioned!...Day 5 now :D ...and I'm eating everything I see :oops:

...I can't swim but I'm pretty active anyway...jogging and cycling ..gave up driving for the healthy alternative a few years back...but still couldn't stay of the smoke..

Looks like the rest have departed us :roll:

I will try to stick to it ..lets hope I can go as far as you
smurf
Suspect

Postby lioned » Sat May 17, 2008 5:13 pm

smurf wrote:Hi Lioned!...Day 5 now :D ...and I'm eating everything I see :oops:

...I can't swim but I'm pretty active anyway...jogging and cycling ..gave up driving for the healthy alternative a few years back...but still couldn't stay of the smoke..

Looks like the rest have departed us :roll:

I will try to stick to it ..lets hope I can go as far as you

you are doing good,well done nearly a week and thats an achievement.I didnt learn to swim until i was 30,i didnt want to miss all that fun with the kids.I went to swimming lessons,have you ever seen a six foot 4" 14.5 stone man wearing water wings !! You cant keep me out of the water now,especially love swimming in the sea (its easier). Keep up the good work smurf day 114 for me getting better every day.
lioned
Local Lag

Postby Snowleopard » Sat May 17, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi Smurf, well done for quitting, keep up the good work. Have you tried eating sugar free mints? I used to like Halls Menthalyptus because the vapours are quite nice to breath in as they are being sucked. Also try cutting up a load of carrots, celery, apples etc and have nuts around to nibble on. Stay strong and don't worry about your weight, your main priority is staying off the cigarettes, they are the most detrimental to your health. As you become more healthier your fitness levels will increase and this will help you get toned up later on. Remember that you are protecting your lungs and heart by not smoking and you will never have to go through these first few days again, ever, if you don't smoke. There will be a time in the future when you wake up, start the day, then realise ages after you have got up, that you didn't even think about having a cigarette. You may feel sorry for yourself at the moment but you will be so glad that you stuck through it in the end. Keep focused and good luck.
Snowleopard
Local Lag

Postby swati » Sat May 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Tripz wrote:Sorry, I had do it... It's gorey, but it's one of those things you say will never happen to you. Don't expect anyone to quit smoking. Believe me, we KNOW how hard that is!!!! We LOVED our cigs!!
WARNING GRAPHIC!!!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Hard to Quit Smoking
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IoRvcF5ESvA

Anti-smoking campaigns in Australia are getting tougher and more confronting and this latest ad is no exception.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-YjrkBYDDQM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o_BF8l-tT0g

Tar in Cigarette - Still want to smoke? - Quit Smoking

Experiment of 400 cigarettes
No wonder why humans get lung cancer !!
Think about this: The sticky Tar contains poison and remains in your lungs each time you smoke and your lungs need much calorie to remove these poisons from your blood!
You will live shorter than you think!
But think about your family and/or children's life!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-DbFBu_I_lA

:shock: : :(

it is not hard with CHAMPIX a new drug which REALLY puts you off
You can only buy it with a prescription.It is expensive but its worth it.
An old smoker
swati
New In Town

Postby Tripz » Tue May 20, 2008 10:04 am

Sorry to everyone here supporting the ''quit smoking thread''...Bad news I'm afraid to say...Haven't managed it. :(

The partner over a week without a fag. Me well I went 1 day... :shock: :lol:

Maybe I wasn't meant to STOP this time...Hopefully when I get my lung results back things might be more profound...We wait and see...Good luck to everyone who are managing to beat the habit... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby smurf » Tue May 20, 2008 11:48 am

Hi Tripz,

Sorry to hear that. Well there's nothing to stop you trying again. I'm on my 9 millionth try :lol: :lol: I'm still hanging on here..Day 7..

Maybe you might find the following site useful...I keep reading it when the going get tough!

http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_Index_03_Q ... oking.html
smurf
Suspect

Postby lioned » Tue May 20, 2008 12:11 pm

smurf wrote:Hi Tripz,

Sorry to hear that. Well there's nothing to stop you trying again. I'm on my 9 millionth try :lol: :lol: I'm still hanging on here..Day 7..

Maybe you might find the following site useful...I keep reading it when the going get tough!

http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_Index_03_Q ... oking.html

well done smurfy for day 7 and try again Tripz (after tomorrow night offcourse) :wink:
lioned
Local Lag

Postby Tripz » Tue May 20, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks for not slaughtering me...for giving in so quickly :!:

I forgot to say the fags are dished out on a ration from the boss :(

Once quota is reached...thats it for the day :cry:

I hope quota is doubled for tomorrow night footie. :)

when we win 2-0, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'll certainly try to quit in the near future...that I have no doubts about..Honestly :?: :mrgreen:

Good luck to smurfy and everyone else still on the program...Follow lioned as an example. :D :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby lioned » Tue May 20, 2008 8:44 pm

"Good luck to smurfy and everyone else still on the program...Follow lioned as an example"

Are you sure ? day 117 and i'm a quivering wreck !! :lol: :bounce: :lol:
lioned
Local Lag

Postby smurf » Tue May 20, 2008 8:49 pm

lioned wrote:"Good luck to smurfy and everyone else still on the program...Follow lioned as an example"

After 117 days your still craving?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've just eaten two packs of mints in the last hour :lol:
smurf
Suspect

Postby lioned » Tue May 20, 2008 9:00 pm

smurf wrote:
lioned wrote:"Good luck to smurfy and everyone else still on the program...Follow lioned as an example"

After 117 days your still craving?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've just eaten two packs of mints in the last hour :lol:

Have to say i only 'crave' when i think about it and i believe i have got to the point were i am not having too much trouble resisting,i feel that i have more or less got over the 'addiction',i hope !!
And i now have an extra £468 squid in the bank :lol: :bounce: :lol:
lioned
Local Lag

Postby smurf » Tue May 20, 2008 9:12 pm

lioned wrote:Have to say i only 'crave' when i think about it and i believe i have got to the point were i am not having too much trouble resisting,i feel that i have more or less got over the 'addiction',i hope !!
And i now have an extra £468 squid in the bank :lol: :bounce: :lol:

That's good news that it gets easier. In my case I think I'll have spent all the money on mints!
smurf
Suspect

Postby wjk » Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Keep up the good work, lioned and smurf, I'm following your progress, your both doing so well :D
Justice for Maddie
wjk
New In Town

Postby smurf » Tue May 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks wjk :D ..I was going to reply to you way back but I'm not quite at myself with out the nictoine....I've become all dizzy and forgetful :lol: :lol:
smurf
Suspect

PreviousNext

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum