Floaters are out today....

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Floaters are out today....

Postby Tripz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:45 pm

I thought this would be a good topic to discuss Floaters in the eyes...It seems today I have quite a few in my field of vision...certain light attracts my recognition/annoyance of them in my vision...How are your floaters today? Also if anyone has been and had laser treatment to cure the floaters...I would be happy to hear the outcome, procedure, and cost if any... :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Re: Floaters are out today....

Postby blimthepixie » Thu May 01, 2008 2:34 pm

lol tripz, i just love your posts... and there was i thinking of another type of floater :shock: :lol:

but on a serious note, my optician recommended i should stay away from laser treatment, so i cannot help :(
blimthepixie
First Time Offender

Postby Tripz » Fri May 02, 2008 10:02 am

A simple hanger moulded into shape would suffice... :lol:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby mrsgaz » Tue May 06, 2008 5:13 pm

I was told that the floater was jelly off the eye (euchhhhh) and that nothing could be done. So they will continue to float as I get older and older...
mrsgaz
Suspect

Postby RedFury » Tue May 06, 2008 8:32 pm

I went to see my optician last week and mentioned floaters --- There is nothing you can do about them unless you have an op to get rid of them -- he said its quite risky -- :(

They are a nuisance, Tripz -- Some days mine are worse -- maybe if I'm stressed or tired. If I'm feeling anxious, I notice them a lot more --- I wear shades when they get too annoying --

When was the last time you got your eyes tested?
RedFury
Suspect

Postby Tripz » Wed May 07, 2008 2:56 pm

late last year...A&E...I was experiencing circular clear floaters...the doctor saw nothing wrong with my field of vision...split or separated retina was in my mind [hypochondriac] :oops:

I get the black threads daily...just live with them nothing really one can do apart from dodgy laser treatment or artificial eye b*lls...[could someone explain why the word BA LLS is censored]? :shock:

Apparently a floater is the result of the solid material in the eye ball liquefying this then causes all the embryonic matter from being displaced hence the floaters appear...age I'm afraid...Hope is over time these will sink to the bottom of the eyeball...so it's gravity that is the natural way of remedying this rather irritating visual nuisance...Jmlo :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby somthinfishie » Wed May 07, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi Tripz,are floaters the little black,sometimes cobweby dots you see?I often stand by a window and watch the cobwebs,glad to know it`s normal.xx~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Thu May 08, 2008 3:13 am

somthinfishie wrote:Hi Tripz,are floaters the little black,sometimes cobweby dots you see?I often stand by a window and watch the cobwebs,glad to know it`s normal.xx~~fishie

hi fishie :) yea...thats those little pestys...just wait for gravity to take effect...that's about it.. :wink:

nytol
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[size=50]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :idea: :?: :arrow: :bom: [/size]
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby scandi » Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 am

Hi Trips, I had little black floaters since I was a teen ager. I would watch them as they floated completely across my eye, one by one. Always round and circular but each always a bit different.

At age 55 I got kicked hard in the eye with a steel toe boot. It knocked my retina loose and luckily one of the finest clinics in the world is here in Portland, Casey Eye Clinic, and the doctor saved my eyesight, sewing the retina back in place

They explained to me that these black spots are holes, and weaken the retina itself. He meticulously sewed those holes shut, and they were mostly concentrated in the center of the retina. Even today I have better peripherial vision than straight on.

I was so stupid, forgave the guy who was very drunk and he did it aqgain 2 weeks later, knocking loose the lens in that eye. Another surgery to remove the lens which was floating in the bottom of my eyeball.

Not to bore you, but retinas are a fascinating part of the body, and they change all the time. Without my very special contact lens if I look at a light while it is dark around me I can see my retina as though looking at it from the inside of my eyeball. It looks like loosely woven linen that is magnified, sometimes with a chip out of one spot, or a hole in one spot, and then the next time I look it will be all different.

My retina has pretty well regenerated, as I rarely see imperfections in it anymore, and my new eye test shows my vision has improved considerably since surgery. The doctor was amazed as he seldom sees this.

Probably too much info, but Hey, if one has those black holes I think it is best to know all you can about them.

For sure stay safe Sweetie, and never put yourself in front of a steel-toed boot!
scandi
Local Lag

Postby nurgis » Fri May 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Hope you sued the guy in the end Scandi :wink:
Thanks for the story I found it very interesting.

I do not think I have experienced floaters, but occationaly a small part of my vision on the other eye will break up as seen through caleidoscope. This will last allmost all day and is at the 11 oclock on the left eye while the rest of the eye has normal vision. I must say, now that I am getting used to it and not frightened anymore, it is quite beutiful. Hven't been to the doc. yet. Has anyone experience this or knw what I am talking about, because I don't :lol: :lol:
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Postby perrito » Fri May 09, 2008 2:16 pm

nurgis wrote:Hope you sued the guy in the end Scandi :wink:
Thanks for the story I found it very interesting.

I do not think I have experienced floaters, but occationaly a small part of my vision on the other eye will break up as seen through caleidoscope. This will last allmost all day and is at the 11 oclock on the left eye while the rest of the eye has normal vision. I must say, now that I am getting used to it and not frightened anymore, it is quite beutiful. Hven't been to the doc. yet. Has anyone experience this or knw what I am talking about, because I don't :lol: :lol:

Do you suffer from migraine at all Nurgis? I ask because my migraine attacks quite often begin with disturbed vision, usually my left eye, sometimes it is similar to what you describe and sometimes it is like seeing half of someone or something made up of little dots, really bad attacks I quite literally get flashing zigzag lines, like the go faster stripes on cars. Mostly if I take medication when the visual disturbance occurs a short time later it vanishes and all is well again.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby nurgis » Fri May 09, 2008 2:26 pm

Sorry Perrito I accidentally send you pm..... :shock: :shock: silly me, my fingers are all over the keyboard :lol:

please copy paste it on here as it was intended :?
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum