I think I have chronic kidney failure...

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: I think I have chronic kidney failure...

Postby chimaera » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Ammonia! Just drink more (water). If it doesn't burn or sting anything (other yhan your eyes!) then no need t worry. Eating more fruit and veg is always good.

Some people have the wrong idea about drinking water. You need to keep a steady supply going in throughout the day. Little and often is best, not drinking a pint before bed.

Tap water in the UK is perfectly fine to drink and there is no need to by bottled. Bottled water is, in most cases, more contaminated than Corporation pop.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Snowleopard » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:50 pm

I know when you make a brew and there are lot of bubbles on the top, it is said to be a sign of good luck. Is this the same for frothy wee? Hope it is Tripz, you might be in for a lottery win!
Snowleopard
Local Lag

Postby cushty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:57 pm

frothy urine is a symptom of too much protein in the urine - some people are prone to it, but it comes and goes

it is definitely not a sympton of wearing black socks, unless the producer of the urine is peeing through them
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby cushty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Victor Meldrew as I type is going through his medical dictionary looking for urinary syptoms :lol:
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby Tripz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:11 am

To much protein...More water drinking...More fruit...Mango is suppose to be a good scented fruit to digest...I once heard :) ...

Progress Report..Day three...Today black 'pringle' socks are being worn...thus far nO itchiness yet to report... :)
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Billie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:16 am

Tripz wrote:Why? Because my ankles keep itching...for no apparent reason. No rash or flea bites...But checked on line today..and one symptom of chronic kidney failure is itchy ankles... :shock: :( :cry: ...How long do I have to live? :|

Bed bugs perhaps? They're nasty buggers. They love to munch at the ankles at night. My son brought them home from camp two summers ago and it took months to rid of them. We had to call in exterminators twice. Horrible little creatures.

On the positice side, (if bed bugs are the culprits) you'd at least now what you're dealing with. The unknown, especially if you fear a health related issue, can be most unnerving.
Hope you figure it out! :)
Billie
Hardened Criminal

Postby Tripz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:18 am

saloongirl wrote:Tripz, if you went to the doctor and were told your kidneys/urine are fine, would you be reassured and stop worrying or would you find something else to worry about?

Fair point! :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby fedrules » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:28 am

Tripz,I was worried one of my sons had kidney problems as my brother-in-law and two of my husband's cousins had a congenital birth defect which causes chronic kidney infections and resulted in my brother-in-law being seriously ill and needing emergency surgery.Once my son's urine was dark and another time I thought his urine looked froathy.Anyway,after worrying about it on and off for months,I got it checked and he was fine.It's great not to have to worry about it anymore. :D
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby bubble » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Well, for what it's worth, my son has stage 3 kidney failure and his urine looks no different to anyone elses.
bubble
Been Cautioned

Postby saloongirl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Tripz wrote:
saloongirl wrote:Tripz, if you went to the doctor and were told your kidneys/urine are fine, would you be reassured and stop worrying or would you find something else to worry about?

Fair point! :wink:

Hope my comment didn't come across as sounding abrupt, Tripz, it wasn't meant to. I know how you feel.
SAVE A HORSE - RIDE A COWBOY
saloongirl
Suspect

Postby chimaera » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:06 pm

cushty wrote:frothy urine is a symptom of too much protein in the urine - some people are prone to it, but it comes and goes

it is definitely not a sympton of wearing black socks, unless the producer of the urine is peeing through them

NAUGHTY CUSHTY! Another flaming keyboard full of coffee. :D
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby peacelover » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:09 pm

Another cause of smelly urine and itchy feet could be candida albicans - otherwise known as thrush!!!
peacelover
Suspect

Postby Marianna » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:19 pm

Tripz

Never, ever, look up symptoms on the Internet. End of story.

Cheers.

I have itchy soles of the feet by the way. Hodgkins disease?
Marianna
Suspect

Postby Tripz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:05 pm

What I'm noticing is a tighten in my hamstring region...akin to the blood being blocked...numbness sensation...could this be related? The p1$$ in sock was funny :lol: :lol: :lol: ..You lot are really helpful and fun to speak to...Who needs real friends when you have global network of them giving advice and laughter...excellent :)
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby saloongirl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:11 am

SAVE A HORSE - RIDE A COWBOY
saloongirl
Suspect

PreviousNext

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum