I think I have chronic kidney failure...

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

Re: I think I have chronic kidney failure...

Postby cushty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Tripz wrote:azo? It's strange because I never got this itchiness with Wilson black socks...It seems certain the itch arose from those bargain buckets full of socks..purchase...5 pairs for £3.... :oops:

What i have noticed are dark veins showing around the inside of ankle/foot...varicose but small and a lot...My mum had terrible spidery veins over her thighs...and my gramps well he had his varicose removed in the 70s...so maybe a generic problem ahead for me... :(

blotchy red/purplish skin round lower legs is a sign of poor circulation, but it can get very bad and people seem to do ok with it

puffy ankles that go down when you lie down just indicates sitting too long - I bet half the posters on this site have them
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby saloongirl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Tripz wrote:azo? It's strange because I never got this itchiness with Wilson black socks...It seems certain the itch arose from those bargain buckets full of socks..purchase...5 pairs for £3.... :oops:

What i have noticed are dark veins showing around the inside of ankle/foot...varicose but small and a lot...My mum had terrible spidery veins over her thighs...and my gramps well he had his varicose removed in the 70s...so maybe a generic problem ahead for me... :(

You're finding something else to worry about now. Try to stop focusing on your body so much, I know it's not easy but if you go looking for things to worry about you will always find something.
SAVE A HORSE - RIDE A COWBOY
saloongirl
Suspect

Postby Tripz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Poor circulation? Is that why i feel fatigued and when walking the dog quite breathless? I'm a 40 a day ciggies person...Is it this habit which is progressing the circulatory problem? I'm a walking health risk!!! :(
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby saloongirl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:54 pm

You're going to make yourself ill with constantly worrying about your health and you'll bring about the things you fear most.
I do know how you feel, in the past couple of months I've convinced myself I have MS, Parkinsons, bowel cancer, heart problems.
saloongirl
Suspect

Postby Tripz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:57 pm

saloongirl wrote:You're going to make yourself ill with constantly worrying about your health and you'll bring about the things you fear most.
I do know how you feel, in the past couple of months I've convinced myself I have MS, Parkinsons, bowel cancer, heart problems.

I'm just very open about my health...This new man approach to facing up and discussing health problems I feel is liberating rather than the old way of stiff upper lip...And then die of ignorance...
May I ask why did you think you had MS, Parkinsons, Bowel cancer...What symptoms were experiencing.. :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby cushty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Tripz, if you're not winding us all up, and really do smoke 40 a day, then you know very well why your circulation is shot - nothing ruins the circulation more than smoking

I used to work in a hospital room which overlooked the doorway where the smokers who had already lost both legs congregated in their wheelchairs for their drag - absolutley tragic to see them

if you've got early symptoms then it is not too late
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby chimaera » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:14 pm

Don;t want to get you going again, but E45 has lanolin in it, I think. Lots of people (self included) have an allergic reaction!

Best get up and walk around at regular intervals.

Note to Mods: Could we have a Smokers' Room, please? It is much needed for the likes of me and Tripz; we're a dying breed, you know.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:21 pm

I'm going to quit soon...The partner will do as well...tragic the health problems that arise from tobacco...I don't think I'm likely to lose my legs...not yet anyway..I hope not...Like I said the veins around my ankles could be genetic in nature...I'll keep a close eye on any notches appearing...My gramps had legs like the bark of tree...notches...ugh.. :(
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Tripz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Another symptom of kidney failure is frothy urine...I dont know whether this regular or first thing in the morning? I have noticed a rather pungent smell recently...Any suggestions to this niff
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby saloongirl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Tripz wrote:
saloongirl wrote:You're going to make yourself ill with constantly worrying about your health and you'll bring about the things you fear most.

I'm just very open about my health...This new man approach to facing up and discussing health problems I feel is liberating rather than the old way of stiff upper lip...And then die of ignorance...
May I ask why did you think you had MS, Parkinsons, Bowel cancer...What symptoms were experiencing.. :wink:

I'm not going to tell you because you'll end up getting the symptoms!
saloongirl
Suspect

Postby Tripz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Please...I promise I won't...In fact the new me is about emerge from the shell when I finally kick the habit...So you have my word ... :wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby saloongirl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 pm

They were symptoms which could be attributed to lots of things but I automatically thought the worst......symptoms which you wouldn't normally take any notice of until you start focusing on them and then blow them out of all proportion. No, I'm not telling you as I'll make you worse!!
saloongirl
Suspect

Postby chimaera » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Tripz wrote:Another symptom of kidney failure is frothy urine...I dont know whether this regular or first thing in the morning? I have noticed a rather pungent smell recently...Any suggestions to this niff

Lay off the curry and beer! :lol:

Does it smell of asparagus?
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:24 pm

:D No it smells like when you walk in those dodgy toilets...Could it be a lack of fruit in me diet? :(
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby saloongirl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:27 pm

Tripz, if you went to the doctor and were told your kidneys/urine are fine, would you be reassured and stop worrying or would you find something else to worry about?
saloongirl
Suspect

PreviousNext

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum