I think I have chronic kidney failure...

If you have any concerns with medication or have worries about your health, post your questions here perhaps our resident Pharmacist and Doctor will be able to help you. If you have a disability and would like support and have tips with coping this is the forum for you.

I think I have chronic kidney failure...

Postby Tripz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:56 pm

Why? Because my ankles keep itching...for no apparent reason. No rash or flea bites...But checked on line today..and one symptom of chronic kidney failure is itchy ankles... :shock: :( :cry: ...How long do I have to live? :|
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Re: I think I have chronic kidney failure...

Postby MoeSzyslak » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 pm

Tripz wrote:Why? Because my ankles keep itching...for no apparent reason. No rash or flea bites...But checked on line today..and one symptom of chronic kidney failure is itchy ankles... :shock: :( :cry: ...How long do I have to live? :|

Are you allergic to something maybe? Have you recently changed laundry detergent? Or maybe you just have dry skin around your ankles, where socks rub?
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby chimaera » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:01 am

Symptomatic of other things, Tripz! Varicose veins, for one. Circulatory disorders. Better lay off the booze just in case, though.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:21 am

vericose veins...hmmm..allergy never had one in my life? [up to now]..detergent...I don't think we have changed brands...I'll check on that one...Lay off the booze... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not gulping much back [indenial mode]...So are my Kidneys...fooked... :( :cry:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby chimaera » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:25 am

No, just drink three gallons of water for every shot of whisky and you'll be all right! :P

Seriously, if you are absolutely sure it is not flea bites (cat, hedgehog etc) then there is absolutely no harm in going to you rGP for a check-up.

I've developed insomnia. Its this b****y case! I go to bed with something that I think is so obvious on the edge of my mind and just can't reach it. Do you know what I mean?
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:35 am

chimaera wrote:No, just drink three gallons of water for every shot of whisky and you'll be all right! :P

Seriously, if you are absolutely sure it is not flea bites (cat, hedgehog etc) then there is absolutely no harm in going to you rGP for a check-up.

I've developed insomnia. Its this b****y case! I go to bed with something that I think is so obvious on the edge of my mind and just can't reach it. Do you know what I mean?

Thanks Chimera for your concern...i did drink 3pts of water today, the b loody itch is still there...to be honest my quack is a waste of space.. :roll:

I do drink too much coffee...And recently I've been getting severe headaches [not migraine] at the frontal lobe side...Whether all these are symptoms of the kidneys packing up...

Are you really stressed with this incident...Wow...You may have other worries/concerns in your sub conscious these could be the reason for the insomnia...I'm an owl anyway.. :shock: :wink:...

i suggest to lay off caffeine products before bed...Failing that sleeping pills..or a good %%% usually helps to bring on tiredness...As I have nothing to arise early for..The time I go to bed and awake are rather meaningless..In my daily life... :) ...

I also get this aching pain near where my liver is...I've had it for ages...like stitch/cramp...maybe brought on by sitting at this thing for hours on end...hat do you think Chimera :)
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Chox » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:43 am

tripz,

not to say you DONT have kidney failure, but i strongly think you would have other symptoms than itchy ankles.

do go get checked though, because it cant hurt, and do mention your stitch pain too.

i had, sorry, a BOIL once, and according to online reference (cnn.com, no less!) there was every chance it would kill me. not like, there is a one in a million chance, but like i really better watch out for the boil being fatal.

so, though i am a hypochondriac myself a little bit, i hope you can set your mind at ease, bc it really is unlikely to be that.
Chox
Been Cautioned

Postby chimaera » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:48 am

Oh, poor you. :(
It could be lots of things and a lot would depend on your age and general health, anyway.

Seriously, sitting still for long periods can cause itchy ankles - I know because that is what caused mine. Once I got into the habit of moving around every 20 minutes or so away from the computer screen, it went away.

I have a great doc now - she doesn't fob patients off. She has the attitude that if a patient is worried about something then she gives them a thorough check. First time I've had this in a doc.

If you get any pain in the kidney region, I would go to your doc. If you are not happy, you have the right to insist on a second opinion. Be firm.

I don;t usually need much sleep - 4 to 5 hours maximum, but I am only sleeping for around 2 every night now for a couple of weeks. No real worries.

I have cut the caffeine and tried getting up close and personal, but he says I have worn him out! And him younger than me. Ah, well, c'est la vie (as they say in Wales).

Anyway, will have to sign out now - battery on reserve and I cant be ar*ed going out to the car for the charger. He's passworded his PC and I can't wake him up to use it (or can I?)...

Speak tomorrow.

Hope your itch goes. There's worse places to have one!
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Tripz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:52 am

You make a valid point chox.. :) ..Indeed when I goggled ''itchy ankle'' I went on this online site [usa] :roll: ...It through up 70ish different diagnosis..to what the problem could well be...This year I went to the docs cause I felt the vision was going in my left eye...I kept seeing little circles like across the field of vision..I ended up going to A&E..The doc checked for a detached retina..any foreign bodie in it found nothing...I then not happy with this diagnosis..Went searching on You tube...this is what I believe is the problem...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w3ZYnPpP1CA

getting old methinks.. :(
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Tripz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:55 am

8) Good night chimera...Give him a nudge..heehee...I'll carry on with my other aliments tomorrow.. :P

:wink:
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Chox » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:56 am

ah yes tripz - i get floaters too! they drive me crazy! first time it ever happened to me it was BIG one and i was scared i was having a stroke or something. now i am used to them. they are a pain though, arent they? sometimes i cant read because of them.
Chox
Been Cautioned

Postby Tripz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 am

The usual black thread ones arent too bad it's these circles like a net curtain affect...I first thought it was fence spray...I noticed these circles just after I had sprayed the fencing around the garden..The spray was like a mist and idiot here didn't wear any goggles.. :roll:
But if you watched that short video clip..The doctor explains what causes them..very intriguing to know...the inside of the eye aging and turning to fluid...age...wish we could halt it's progress... :)
TRUTH & JUSTICE
Tripz
Lifer

Postby Chox » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:38 am

tripz, legend has it that bette davis said old age is not for p*ssies.

i am only 42, but already can see what she means.

but then i just met a 90 year old who is spry and with it as can be.

and a near 80 year old who is on a long cruise, after finishing her annual ski trip out west.

so i have hope!
Chox
Been Cautioned

Postby chimaera » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 am

Floaters can be a real pain! :lol:
chimaera
On Parole

Postby chimaera » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:58 am

Hey, Tripz!
Look what I found -

www.itchyankles.com

You can have your very own site!
chimaera
On Parole

Next

Return to The Health Spa & Disability Forum