Breaking news

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: Breaking news

Postby helena » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:05 pm

I think she's very with it actually
It's very true that this benefit system is so easy to abuse and what i found over the years that the ones who needed it most got found out and others been on benefit fraud for 20 odd years.How come?
I actually reported said woman twice and was told unless i got pics of her working there was nothing they could do
Not only was she on benefit + worked cash in hand,she was also on dissability benefit because she made out she had panic attacks,can't be in a room with people (so the dss came to her house) and her legs are bad.yet she's up and down the ladder painting her house,laying laminate and gooing clubbing and to disney world
So sorry this is way off topic,but JSP is right about our society
look at rhys jones.All these people harbouring the guy who shot because it was an accident,
His mum was single parent (so was I all my life) what on earth was he doin with a gun
What is happening today is too gruesome to believe and karen was only one parent caught out and brought it home to us how frightening living in england is
There seems to be no respect for anybody or anything anymore
But I still believe karen is a victim too,She is a sheep following the others and I also believe she didn't mean any harm in her naive sort of way,that does not mean i condone it,I'm just disgusted the way she gets treated in the media and the mccanns are treated
And again JSP is spot on with that post IMO
helena
Been Cautioned

Postby peacelover » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:59 pm

I also believe she didn't mean any harm in her naive sort of way

You have to be joking surely?

She lies, cheats, treats her children appallingly badly and you see her as the victim?

As long as we keep on making excuses for people there is no incentive for anyone to behave well.

People can't be excused from committing crimes - just because it was easy for them.

That is the whole point - criminality is often easier and always has been easier.

Which is why it is called the 'straight and narrow path' of honesty and the dishonest one is seen as the windy but wide and therefore easy to get onto path.

Just because someone does something worse does not give anyone else a reason to commit crimes and treat their children with callous cruelty.

I have been on benefits at various times in my life and I NEVER NEVER NEVER cheated a single penny out of the system, no matter how poor or badly off I've been.

I have more self respect.

It's a shame other people don't seem to have any.
peacelover
Suspect

Postby helena » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:12 pm

You are absolutely right peacelover,I too have been on benefits when my kids were little and My marriage broke down,infact,I followed my husband to the UK from germany,my parents were against the marriage and disowned me so there was no going back.I knew nobody and nothing about DSS etc,never even heard of it.
all I'm trying to say and did try to say,some people have the mentality and know how to struggle on honestly and not be vunerable (especially to men)some women can't
They don't stop and think,they go about their way how they know how and very often-not always-they themself were not treated properly as a child,hence the victim
Education plays a big role,but her parents did say that before HE came along she was a good mother.Please understand -under NO circumstances do i condone what she has done.But she seems to be punished in more ways than 1,while the other excuse of parents swoon around and i'm sad to say will get away with it
Too many people involved
I just don't like the fact that mccanns are on a pedalstool in the eyes of the media and they even make excuses,whereas karen gets ripped to shreds
I work for MIND and I'm not saying she's ill,but we have people coming to the drop in who have learning difficulties,there mentality is miles apart from logic
Again,I do not condone karen and she needs to be punished,I just can't fathom the difference in treatments these too families are getting
Hope I made myself understood better
helena
Been Cautioned

Postby icesugar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:59 pm

The point is that with a bit of ferreting almost every family in the land could unearth broken marriages, children born out of wedlock, babies given up for adoption and a handful of relatives with criminal records.

Hmmm......Have searched and searched (and actually just completed my family tree) and cannot find one instance of the above. I am not trying to sound 'above it all' here, but any of what you have listed are just not normal in my family, nor in any of my friends. So it all becomes relative really. In Karen Matthews case it is absolutely disgusting. She brought a whole new meaning to the phrase 'single mother'. In such strange cases you have to expect a lot of media digging, it is only natural. the world is mesmorised by her story.
I agree that the McCanns are guilty too, but hey, this is the real world, and they have power, Karen does not. I do not understand why anyone would compare the 2 women, after all, their situations are so so different. Shannon is alive and now it seems never abducted at all, and Madeleine is no where to be found. Madeleine was/is cute and Shannon has never brushed her teeth. This is just the beginning of the differences. I could go on and on, but it is pointless............Karen Matthews will continue to be ripped apart by the media and she is fair game.
'Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt.'
icesugar
New In Town

Previous

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008