BBC - Karen Matthews "Hid Shannon's Wherabouts"

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

BBC - Karen Matthews "Hid Shannon's Wherabouts"

Postby Sad Git » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:06 pm

Karen Matthews has been charged with repeatedly hiding info about her daughter's wherabouts. She has also been charged with wilfully abandoning her. More to follow...
Don't allow the McMedia to keep the public ignorant, download our leaflets now!
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... S%20bw.pdf
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... Mother.pdf
Sad Git
On Parole

Re: BBC - Karen Matthews "Hid Shannon's Wherabouts"

Postby Sad Git » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 pm

The enquiry into Shannon's disappearance apparently cost over £1million pounds and involved dozens of officers.

Police have warned locals not to "take the law into their own hands". The family home has now been boarded up by Social Services.
Sad Git
On Parole

Postby lst1976 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Sad Git wrote:The enquiry into Shannon's disappearance apparently cost over £1million pounds and involved dozens of officers.

Police have warned locals not to "take the law into their own hands". The family home has now been boarded up by Social Services.

The locals will probably do a better job at justice than the justice system in the UK
lst1976
Been Cautioned

Postby kizzy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:12 pm

I believe they said that over-time costs alone were £1 million.

It used 10% of the West Yorkshire police force.

3,000 properties were searched and over 6,000 people spoken to during the time of the actual investigation.

They have a lot to answer for!
kizzy
Local Lag

Postby MoeSzyslak » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:12 pm

lst1976 wrote:
Sad Git wrote:The enquiry into Shannon's disappearance apparently cost over £1million pounds and involved dozens of officers.

The locals will probably do a better job at justice than the justice system in the UK

Sad, but probably true.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Although I don't condone people taking a vigilante approach in this matter,you can understand that the local community must be pretty disgusted at the way the Matthews have taken them for a ride.They must feel they've been made fools of,especially when they think about all the help they gave this couple..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:13 pm

lst1976 wrote:

Oh, that's nice :roll:

In a nutshell you just summed up what is wrong with society.
Zero tolerance. If ignore doesn't work then I will name and shame culprits.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby lst1976 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:17 pm

farfromthe... wrote:
lst1976 wrote:

The UK lost control along time ago, by letting crimes go unpunished and still do today. Can you honestly say this is not so, I no longer live in the UK so I could be very wrong but if only 10% of the news is correct that comes out of the UK then they have a big problem which is getting worse not better
lst1976
Been Cautioned

Postby Sad Git » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:18 pm

Oh come on mods. I know I posted in the wrong place again but you usually leave it for an hour or two before you move me... :(
Sad Git
On Parole

Postby LogicMan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:20 pm

fedrules wrote:Although I don't condone people taking a vigilante approach in this matter,you can understand that the local community must be pretty disgusted at the way the Matthews have taken them for a ride.They must feel they've been made fools of,especially when they think about all the help they gave this couple..

"you can understand that the local community must be pretty disgusted ......"

Imagine how the NATION.....neh, WORLD is going to feel about the McCanns? ;)
LogicMan
On Parole

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:21 pm

Well,that depends on the outcome-monsters or martyrs someone said...
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby ejm » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:22 pm

fedrules wrote:Although I don't condone people taking a vigilante approach in this matter,you can understand that the local community must be pretty disgusted at the way the Matthews have taken them for a ride.They must feel they've been made fools of,especially when they think about all the help they gave this couple..

Can you imagine when the whole world finds out that it has been taken for a ride by the McCanns :shock:

I still think there is a lot more to this story to come out yet.
ejm
Local Lag

Postby DrachenSachen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:24 pm

farfromthe... wrote:
lst1976 wrote:

and the McCann's feel threatened by a few bad words about them in the newspapers :shock: :shock: The McCann's ought to thank their lucky stars they did not live on a council estate. The McCann's have had a easy time of it so far in des-res Rotherley but for how much longer, remains to be seen.
Live Radio und Web-TV aus allen Ländern

http://www.surfmusik.de/
DrachenSachen
On Parole

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:25 pm

[quote][/quote]Can you imagine when the whole world finds out that it has been taken for a ride by the McCanns'

But sometimes I think if they really had killed Maddie,would they have had the bare-faced audacity to set up a fund?? :shock:
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:26 pm

lst1976 wrote:
The UK lost control along time ago, by letting crimes go unpunished and still do today. Can you honestly say this is not so, I no longer live in the UK so I could be very wrong but if only 10% of the news is correct that comes out of the UK then they have a big problem which is getting worse not better

No justice system is perfect but with ours we have a lot to be proud of. IMO.
Zero tolerance. If ignore doesn't work then I will name and shame culprits.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Next

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008