Shannon's mother CHARGED with child neglect

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: Shannon's mother CHARGED with child neglect

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 am

halfamo wrote:FFT i'm not presuming she confessed but it is a possibility ,as for the huge amount of man power and money which this case has caused i hope she did'nt know where Shannon was all this time .If she did and i mean if i would be struggling to understand the workings of this womans mind.

It wasn't you that originally said the thing I was querying, it was the poster who said 'at least she's had the decency to admit it' I was simply wondering what about being allegedly caught out makes it decent and who says she admitted anything?

We'll just have to wait and see what happened and how much Karen knew, it's a fascinating case though :shock:
Zero tolerance. If ignore doesn't work then I will name and shame culprits.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby diddy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 am

farfromthe... wrote:
icesugar wrote:Would this count as child neglect? :

"Karen used to drop Tony off at our house for us to look after him. And you could see he was neglected.
"He would have a carrier bag on his bum. Sellotaped to his bum. Or a towel tied to his bum. She never bought nappies.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2008/04/09/shannon-karen-matthews-not-fit-to-be-a-mum-says-sister-86908-20377392/

Yeah I'm not highly impressed by the idea of a carrier bag, that can't have been comfortable but I guess a towel if wrapped correctly would be as good as any old fashioned terry towelling nappy and we were all brought up wearing them, they are still in use today and very cost effective :lol:

With comments like this it's obviously just heresay you'd need some cooroboration that it wasn't just some busy body being all sanctimonious and judgemental that someone had the nerve to not buy disposeables....

If anyone did do that instead of using nappies, would they be stupid enough to take them to someone elses house like that?
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 am

diddy wrote:
If anyone did do that instead of using nappies, would they be stupid enough to take them to someone elses house like that?

You know I really don't know :shock:

Thing is these people are selling their stories and when you sell your stories you need an angle and an unpleasant thing like this will definitely get your story in the paper, plus all these people selling their stories are trying to distance themselves as much as possible so there is every hance there is some exaggeration and some extra nastiness thrown in with a lot of 'I was horrified' to make sure that they are in receipt of any sympathy going rather than being blamed too.... we'll just have to wait and see what comes out of the case.

Maybe her sister did call social services on her three times, maybe she didn't, maybe she only talked about it, we can't really tell, it's a tough thing to do to call social services on your sister, familes are complicated.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby halfamo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:50 am

Unfortunately yes Diddy they would be that stupid.I'm not saying this story is true but people who live like this do not have any shame.

My daughter many years ago went to a families house who were not known for their cleanliness they were eating a meal when they had finished they put the plates down for the dog to lick then used them again without washing them .
This was done in front of my daughter so i know it is true.
halfamo
Been Cautioned

Postby diddy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:57 am

halfamo wrote:Unfortunately yes Diddy they would be that stupid.I'm not saying this story is true but people who live like this do not have any shame.

My daughter many years ago went to a families house who were not known for their cleanliness they were eating a meal when they had finished they put the plates down for the dog to lick then used them again without washing them .

Yuk!
I'm going to sound like a snob here, but I've often found that it would be people like Karen that would be buying the pampers, and most expensive of things for their children.
EG Nike trainers, and people that could more easily afford them didn't bother.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:58 am

halfamo wrote:Unfortunately yes Diddy they would be that stupid.I'm not saying this story is true but people who live like this do not have any shame.

HAHA bet they had good immune systems though, no allergies or asthma in that household :lol:
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby Mez » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 am

I once had a nieghbour who used to bring her baby round for me to look after and he often had tea towels and bits of old shetting on his bum and often had no spare nappy, she would say she wouldn't be long, this woman was a trained nurse and midwife and married to a doctor!
Mez
New In Town

Postby tequilasunset » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:06 am

If what has been reported in the media on this thread is true, this woman should have been sterilized long ago. She must never have more children.

She must be one sandwich short of a picnic to tape plastic carrier bags onto her child, instead of a nappy.
And then spend the money she should have been using for nappies, on feeding her face with junk.

No wonder poor Shannon does not want to go home!

Initially, I felt sorry for Karen Matthews, but I'm afraid that, as more and more about her and her lifestyle is disclosed and how she has treated her children, my feelings have changed completely.

She has probably never done a day's honest work in her life, has reportedly lived in rented accommodation, as well as in the current council house and she was too lazy to clean either, has undoubtedly lived solely on benefits, popped out babies like sausages and then lived off their child benefit for her own ends, instead of using it for their care.

Her mate is on Sky News, is saying that Karen needs her friends to support her and that she will continue to do that.

I think she needs a nice term in jail.
Last edited by tequilasunset on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Postby halfamo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 am

yes Diddy i know what you mean kippers and curtains we call it.Yes FFT they were rarely ill germs could'nt fight their way through the grime on their skins.
The awful thing was the youngest child a girl was so pretty my heart went out to her ,face and hands always dirty also her clothes.
My daughter helped run a dance class then and this little girl attended but every time she turned up this poor kiddy was filthy.
halfamo
Been Cautioned

Postby miffed » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:20 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 711796.ece

TimesOnLine 2008-04-09 ~ Shannon Matthews's mother remanded in custody ~ wrote:
The first charge read out was: "On a day between the 18th day of February 2008 and the 15th day of March 2008 at Dewsbury being a person who had attained the age of 16 years and having responsibility for Shannon Matthews, a child under that age, namely nine years, wilfully neglected or abandoned the said child in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering to the said child or injury to her health."

The second charge was: "That you between the 18th day of February 2008 and the 15th day of March 2008 at Dewsbury, contrary to Common Law with intent to pervert the course of public justice, did a series of acts which had a tendency to pervert the course of public justice in that you repeatedly concealed information in relation to the whereabouts of Shannon Matthews in interviews and other contacts with officers with the West Yorkshire Police and claimed to have no knowledge of her whereabouts."

miffed
On Parole

Postby diddy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:40 pm

I mean this thing about the carrier bag, if it's true, then I'm sure people have been investigated for less.

But looking at her and Craig, it doesn't look as if they are spending nothing on the children for the sake of spending it on themselves!

Let's wait and see. If she did know where Shannon was, she's a good actress (IMO)
Unless she didn't know at first, and then when did know, did nothing about it.
But I had to laugh at the papers saying they got the idea from "Shameless"
Oh please!
I have other ideas where it might have come from if it was a scam.

And I won't feel sorry for her, especially considering who Shannon was left with.
But it seems no holds barred for the papers.
And if what's coming out now is shown to be wrong, it won't be forgotten, and for that I will have sympathy.
Time will tell, as they say!
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby azrael72 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:14 pm

i think we are going to have alot more stories like this, in regards to the children.....
i didnt realise that karen had been with the him for 7 years making him 15...... :shock:
i think the idea for the scam came from another sourse too....diddy....i hope im wrong but because of these cases it could lead to a bad reaction from the trusting british public, the next time someone reports an abduction....
azrael72
Been Cautioned

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 pm

I wish they would show the Cutting Edge documentary again.

Karen was describing what Shannon likes to eat and she then had to run off, after saying it, to cry on Craig's shoulder - I now suspect she was laughing. :x

Also - during the filming there were a couple of shots of her grinning, which at the time, I put down to nerves of being filmed. Now I think they were smirks of what she was up to. :x :( :(

Terrible.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby suzyone » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:17 pm

Yes, well what gets me is the type of thing in the Times this morning.

There is an article about Karen's arrest but right next to it a headline "More Anguish for the McCanns" with a picture of KM looking sad. Don't they see the irony at all?

:x
suzyone
New In Town

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:23 pm

suzyone wrote:Yes, well what gets me is the type of thing in the Times this morning.

There is an article about Karen's arrest but right next to it a headline "More Anguish for the McCanns" with a picture of KM looking sad. Don't they see the irony at all?

:x

Probably not seeing as how like most right thinking people they have to be led by the facts as they are known and not gossip and innuendo :lol:
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008