Shannon's mother CHARGED with child neglect

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: Shannon's mother CHARGED with child neglect

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 am

[quote][/quote]The issue is none of us know if any of the kids were left alone so it seems a strange assumption to jump to unless you know different'

Come on Farfromthe,you know as well as anyone that the McCanns have admitted this and that there is evidence to prove it.It also could be why they are reluctant to return to Portugal.

In the case of Karen Matthews,we can only guess at the exact nature of the neglect.
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:40 am

fedrules wrote:
The issue is none of us know if any of the kids were left alone so it seems a strange assumption to jump to unless you know different'

Come on Farfromthe,you know as well as anyone that the McCanns have admitted this and that there is evidence to prove it.It also could be why they are reluctant to return to Portugal.

In the case of Karen Matthews,we can only guess at the exact nature of the neglect.

What are you talking about, this is a Shannon Matthews thread, we are talking about the recent news that Karen Matthews is facing charges of neglect, we are talking about what neglect that could be, I don't think there is any evidence that Karen left the kids alone in an neglectful way.

I don't understand what the Mccanns and Madeleine have to do with this?
Zero tolerance. If ignore doesn't work then I will name and shame culprits.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:42 am

Whoops sorry.Thought you meant the McCanns :oops:
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 am

fedrules wrote:Whoops sorry.Thought you meant the McCanns :oops:

:lol:
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Re: Karen Matthews CHARGED!!!!

Postby ejm » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 am

miffed wrote:I believe the negligence charges imply that Karen knowingly left her daughter in the care of this weirdo for the purpose of the scam! During this period Karen was not leading a normal life ... no schooling, family love, etc! She was using Shannon as a pawn in her stupid game! And Lord only knows why Shannon was so unhappy and what further horrors Shannon could've been subjected to had the police not found her!

I think that this is the most likely explanation for the neglect charges. It's all so sad. Shannon is a victim moreover now, no mum, stepdad (who hasn't been arrested in connection with her dissapearance), brothers and sisters :cry:
ejm
Local Lag

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:50 am

Farfromthe,although I don't have as much faith in the McCanns as you seem to do,I think you're a very fair-minded person and your posts are always well thought out.
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby halfamo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:55 am

FFT,i understand the concept of innocent until proved guilty perfectly well,and you could be right about the remand being for her own safety,but it could also mean that she has confessed to her part in this we don't know either way.
halfamo
Been Cautioned

Postby icesugar » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:03 am

Would this count as child neglect? :

"Karen used to drop Tony off at our house for us to look after him. And you could see he was neglected.
"He would have a carrier bag on his bum. Sellotaped to his bum. Or a towel tied to his bum. She never bought nappies.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2008/04/09/shannon-karen-matthews-not-fit-to-be-a-mum-says-sister-86908-20377392/
'Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt.'
icesugar
New In Town

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:08 am

God if that is true,why on earth did Karen keep having more and more kids if she couldn't look after the ones she'd got.Poor kids..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:08 am

fedrules wrote:Farfromthe,although I don't have as much faith in the McCanns as you seem to do,I think you're a very fair-minded person and your posts are always well thought out.

Thanks but my posts can't be that well thought out seeing as how I don't have any faith in the McCanns, I don't have a clue what they did or did not do that night, I'm just 55%/45% that they are innocent and that is only due to the lack of any evidence they harmed their daughter and Jane Tanner and Martin Smiths sightings of a man carrying a barefooted child. Any further evidence would nudge those percentages one way or another.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:12 am

halfamo wrote:FFT,i understand the concept of innocent until proved guilty perfectly well,and you could be right about the remand being for her own safety,but it could also mean that she has confessed to her part in this we don't know either way.

Oh it might but we don't know, in fact all we have heard is that she was overheard saying something and this is what alerted the police? To suggest that she confessed and at least did it quickly seems a bit presumptive considering we have to now assume that she lied continually to the public, the press, the police and possibly members of her family for 24 days while 5 million quid was spent and hundreds of police officers combed ditches and drains for Shannon.

It will be interesting to see how she pleads though.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:15 am

icesugar wrote:Would this count as child neglect? :

"Karen used to drop Tony off at our house for us to look after him. And you could see he was neglected.
"He would have a carrier bag on his bum. Sellotaped to his bum. Or a towel tied to his bum. She never bought nappies.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2008/04/09/shannon-karen-matthews-not-fit-to-be-a-mum-says-sister-86908-20377392/

Yeah I'm not highly impressed by the idea of a carrier bag, that can't have been comfortable but I guess a towel if wrapped correctly would be as good as any old fashioned terry towelling nappy and we were all brought up wearing them, they are still in use today and very cost effective :lol:

With comments like this it's obviously just heresay you'd need some cooroboration that it wasn't just some busy body being all sanctimonious and judgemental that someone had the nerve to not buy disposeables....
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby halfamo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:19 am

Good God icesuger i hope this is untrue if not this just goes from bad to worse,i only hope these children where ever they are,are getting some tlc .Through no fault of their own their world has been turned upside down.
halfamo
Been Cautioned

Postby halfamo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:28 am

FFT i'm not presuming she confessed but it is a possibility ,as for the huge amount of man power and money which this case has caused i hope she did'nt know where Shannon was all this time .If she did and i mean if i would be struggling to understand the workings of this womans mind.
halfamo
Been Cautioned

Postby icesugar » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:34 am

Since Karen is obviously unable to clarify things, we have to depend on heresay. She has had her time in front of the media to show us what she is truly made of, but failed to use it wisely. I did not see the documentary, but have seen the photos of the inside of the house and it was a filth trap in salmonellas clothing, so I think I will rely on Karens own sister for comments.

Yes, for the children this is awfully sad, especially the older ones who can read/watch news (assuming they are literate).
I certainly hope that they are placed in very good care and get a much better chance at life than they had.

Any news about Tonys father? who is he/ where is he?

and this:

the father of Karen's six-year-old daughter claimed her mum did not want anything to do with the child.

William Marshall said: "Her words to me were that it 'was a onenight stand and if you go, you can take that thing with you.

"I moved away and she doesn't know where I live now."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/04/09/karen-matthews-condemned-in-attack-by-her-own-sister-julie-poskitt-89520-20377293/
'Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt.'
icesugar
New In Town

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008