Matthews 'told friends she knew where Shannon was from start

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: Matthews 'told friends she knew where Shannon was from start

Postby tequilasunset » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am

This is an interesting bit at the end of a report on the BT internet website:-

While police searched for Shannon, someone claiming to be her aunt asked for money from the fund set up to help find missing Madeleine McCann.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "She didn't seem to understand why we couldn't just send a large wad of cash. I must admit I found it a bit odd.

"The fund directors considered helping the search as a gesture of goodwill. But I was concerned about the haphazard method of approach and suggested we didn't get involved."

Wonder if this is the truth and someone was chancing their arm?

Not very subtle.

And ever the diplomat, our Clarrie!
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Postby farfromthe... » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 am

Joanne wrote:I wonder how they planned the finding of Shannon?

The whole scam (if it was a scam, although it's certainly looking like one) couldn't have been planned to end with the Police smashing down the door of the flat and rescuing Shannon. When they told Karen that they had found her daughter her true reaction must have been one of fear and dread rather than "the happiest moment of her life".

I know! It's things like this that has us all scratching our heads, how on earth did they intend on finding her again or did they think they could scam loads of money and then just slink off asking for privacy? How did they think a massive police investigation worked?

I think I'm beginning to think this was not very well planned at all and they just sort of spontaneously went along with it but then why oh why did they agree to let a documentary maker follow them about for a week and did he suspect nothing..... this is CRAZY!
Zero tolerance. If ignore doesn't work then I will name and shame culprits.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby farfromthe... » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:00 am

tequilasunset wrote:This is an interesting bit at the end of a report on the BT internet website:-

While police searched for Shannon, someone claiming to be her aunt asked for money from the fund set up to help find missing Madeleine McCann.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "She didn't seem to understand why we couldn't just send a large wad of cash. I must admit I found it a bit odd.

"The fund directors considered helping the search as a gesture of goodwill. But I was concerned about the haphazard method of approach and suggested we didn't get involved."

Not very subtle.

To be honest that's fair enough it is crazy to think you can just ask for money from a fund like that, no charity in the world works like that and certainly not a more complex non charitable fund.... if that's what happened then that has crossed a line into attempted fraud surely?
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby tequilasunset » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:07 am

farfromthe... wrote:
tequilasunset wrote:This is an interesting bit at the end of a report on the BT internet website:-

Not very subtle.

To be honest that's fair enough it is crazy to think you can just ask for money from a fund like that, no charity in the world works like that and certainly not a more complex non charitable fund.... if that's what happened then that has crossed a line into attempted fraud surely?

It certainly looks that way.

And the tremendous waste of police resources, not to mention the costs involved.

Whoever is involved, should have the book thrown at them and not be shown any leniency, as a lesson to other would be chancers.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Postby yeahbutno » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 am

Lets be honest here, we are talking about a bunch of thick scuzzers here. Their plan will have been half-baked because it was probably hatched amidst a haze of lager and fag-smoke, or maybe even something a bit stronger. They don't have the intelligence to carry it off and cover up their tracks. For example, Craig Meehan not chucking his hard-drive into the local canal.

Have to say though, KM put on a much better show of distress and grief than....erm...KM.

Same initials - spooky. :shock:
yeahbutno
New In Town

Postby ejm » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:49 am

yeahbutno wrote:
Have to say though, KM put on a much better show of distress and grief than....erm...KM.

Same initials - spooky. :shock:

:shock: :lol: Hadn't even noticed.
ejm
Local Lag

Postby OoBubblesoO » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 pm

turkeylurkey wrote:
DrachenSachen wrote:From The Times
April 8, 2008

Officers are also looking into suggestions that the inspiration for a fake kidnapping may have been provided by an episode of the popular Channel 4 comedy drama Shameless, which was broadcast a few weeks before Shannon was reported missing.

In the show, about a large, dysfunctional family living on an impoverished council estate, a mock abduction of the youngest member of the family, Liam, is staged by his elder sister, who uses an intermediary to demand £500,000 for his safe return.

Now that is the funny bit - just by chance they may have watched this episode of Shameless! Has everyone forgotten the relentless coverage of the McCanns who have ker-chinged big style since the disappearance of their daughter?

Priceless!

Totally agree, more spin to get the McCanns off the hook. It's blatantly their 'scam' the Matthews have pulled. Balloons, t-shirts etc etc.

Blaming a tv show is complete and utter codswallop :evil:
OoBubblesoO
First Time Offender

Postby farfromthe... » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:20 pm

OoBubblesoO wrote:Totally agree, more spin to get the McCanns off the hook. It's blatantly their 'scam' the Matthews have pulled. Balloons, t-shirts etc etc.

Blaming a tv show is complete and utter codswallop :evil:

It is somewhat ironic that although so many people here feel comfort in accusing the Mccanns of being scammers all the evidence we have so far suggests that actually they have been the victims of scams far more, several people in the early days tried to collect money fraudulently in madeleine's name and now possibly the Matthews family tried to scam money out of the fund!! :shock:
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:22 pm

They weren't that thick were they? Fooled most of the country for over a month! :lol: :lol: :lol: You've got to laugh.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby halfamo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Thick scuzzers....i know i should'nt laugh.................but.
halfamo
Been Cautioned

Postby diddy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Well, I have to say, KM is a good actress (IMO).
That would be the younger of the two KMs!
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Previous

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008