SHANNON'S MUM ARRESTED!

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Shannon Inquiry: Police Arrest Mother

Postby lst1976 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:31 am

Police investigating the Shannon Matthews case have arrested the nine-year-old's mother.
Karen Matthews, 32, was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.

West Yorkshire police said: "Detectives investigating the alleged abduction of a nine-year-old girl in Dewsbury in February, 2008, have this evening arrested a 32-year-old woman in Dewsbury.

"The woman has been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.

Is this the reason the McCanns have been very silent regarding the progress of this investigation?
lst1976
Been Cautioned

Re: Shannons mother arrested!!!!!

Postby tequilasunset » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:31 am

celticcarla wrote:
DrachenSachen wrote:A British mother who whose daughter was allegedly abducted ends up being arrested on suspicion of involvement in a week we are led to believe the McCann's will be exonerated by their friends during PJ questioning :bounce: :bounce:

Where are you now Nicholass??? Are parents really as untouchable and genuine as you blindly believe they are??

Shh she is sleeping, she used to be a model and needs to keep up appearances. she will ravage us with her presence when she arises and hands her kids over to the nanny she can afford cause she is rich as well as smart and beautfiul. :lol: :lol: :lol: At 28 that is a lot to maintain :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt we will be given a few more "pearls of wisdom".

The gospel according to Nicholass.

Once she's gotten the tedious bits done and dusted.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Re: SHANNON'S MUM ARRESTED!

Postby fedrules » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:55 am

No wonder I'm getting so cynical..If this abduction does prove to be fake ,imagine the police resources and manpower which will have been wasted on this case.It will soon get to the stage where nobody will believe a child has been abducted again.What a picture of Britain this story paints-women irresponsibly producing children with little thought for their well-being,fathers who are totally absent from their children's lives.Then,not content to live on benefit, they set up a fund to con the public out of their hard-earned cash.. it's no wonder the streets are full of out-of-control teenagers
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:05 am

Well - I have most certainly been had!

I have sat with an aching heart for this woman! How on earth was she clever enough to look genuinely upset? I am flabergasted! :shock:

She is a far better actress than KM and should maybe apply for The Royal Shakespeare Company when she gets out of porridge - she's missing her way.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby fedrules » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:11 am

I agree Katie that she struck me as sincere too.However,I couldn't help finding it very strange when she was found alive as that just isn't very likely in a true abduction..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby splashy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:17 am

maybe she was genuinely upset, she may not have known what went on, perverting the course of justice could be that she found out after and did not tell the police. Or maybe she realised the moment that she went on tv she was going to be found out and was upset about that.
splashy
New In Town

Postby fedrules » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 am

Perhaps at first Karen didn't know where Shannon was and that when she found out she didn't want to get Donavan into trouble.I read that there were allegations that Donavan and Karen were having an affair and that Karen was always leaving the kids with Craig and going off to meet Donavan...
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby Meadow » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:39 am

What (another) tale of woe

The bit I would love to know and might be a pointer !!

Exactly how and when was Shannon going to reappear ?
Meadow
Local Lag

Postby fedrules » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 am

Yes I've wondered that myself..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby bomaris » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:24 am

Hang on -

Mum of a child who has disappeared and who has been the object of much sympathy in the media ends up getting arrested? Surely not possible!

Perverting the course of justice seems to be the matter in hand. It's interesting to note that you can escape prosecution for direct involvement in the disappearance of a child but still end up being prosecuted for perverting the course of justice.
bomaris
Hardened Criminal

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:59 am

I wonder if she didn't know at first, so that the others could make it look genuine? She seems like an easily led person. Or maybe like some of you have said - she was thinking 'what the heck am I into here?' Don't know, just wondering. :?
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby maid marion » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 am

I am amazed that some on this forum were so taken in and sympathetic to the Shannon crew. I was always sceptical and said so. Could it be inverted snobbery :wink:
maid marion
Been Cautioned

Postby womble » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:04 am

KatieJordanPricePHD wrote:Well - I have most certainly been had!

I have sat with an aching heart for this woman! How on earth was she clever enough to look genuinely upset? I am flabergasted! :shock:

She is a far better actress than KM and should maybe apply for The Royal Shakespeare Company when she gets out of porridge - she's missing her way.

I think you are a decent person, concerned for this family, who at the time, seemed to be going through hell.

If this whole thing turns out to be a set up, then my main concern is that these children are found someone to give them the care and love they deserve.
womble
New In Town

Re: Shannons mother arrested!!!!!

Postby blondie2 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:05 am

celticcarla wrote:
DrachenSachen wrote:A British mother who whose daughter was allegedly abducted ends up being arrested on suspicion of involvement in a week we are led to believe the McCann's will be exonerated by their friends during PJ questioning :bounce: :bounce:

Where are you now Nicholass??? Are parents really as untouchable and genuine as you blindly believe they are??

Shh she is sleeping, she used to be a model and needs to keep up appearances. she will ravage us with her presence when she arises and hands her kids over to the nanny she can afford cause she is rich as well as smart and beautfiul. :lol: :lol: :lol: At 28 that is a lot to maintain :lol:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Didn't know she was a doctor too! :shock:
blondie2
Mafia Boss

Postby Sad Git » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:18 am

maid marion wrote:I am amazed that some on this forum were so taken in and sympathetic to the Shannon crew. I was always sceptical and said so. Could it be inverted snobbery :wink:

Crimes against children are nearly always carried out by a family member, or friend of the family. Said it before, will say it again. :wink: PS is Karen Matthews really only 32 years old?
Don't allow the McMedia to keep the public ignorant, download our leaflets now!
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... S%20bw.pdf
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... Mother.pdf
Sad Git
On Parole

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008