Shannon Matthews kidnap 'may have been cash stunt'

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: Shannon Matthews kidnap 'may have been cash stunt'

Postby perrito » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Maybe I'm just cynical but I have said before that the Mccanns had now set a precedent and there are many many unscrupulous people out there who will be quite willing to hide a child, even kill a child if they think they can gain large monetary profits from doing so.

Some children are very very good at keeping secrets, either through fear or in the hope of gaining something they really want. Tell a child to keep a secret and he/her can then go to Disneyland, etc etc, that child will keep the secret.

The only thing that has surprised me with the Shannon case is the number of people involved, I'm sorry to say nothing else has given me any surprise at all.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby Lastminutepost » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 pm

HI All, haven't been here in a long time. Just reading an article on this case. Apparently the police have asked for a tape from channel 4 of an episode of "shameless" where a child was hidden, and an abduction was faked to scam a ransom. Broadcast the month before Shannon disappeared.

Just reading Clarence's quote after she was found saying it shows children can go missing "for whatever reason", delighted, new hope, etc etc.
Lastminutepost
New In Town

Postby artemis1013 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:52 pm

janz1956 wrote:no shock to me whatsoever, its what a lot of us suspected from day 1. :roll:

unfortunately for them Shannon is old enough to talk.......she was obviously not happy at home to start with. IMO

How many more will try the scam? This is what the Mccanns have started..how many more kids will be used to try and make millions???? Every time a child goes missing now people are going to have suspicions.

Lets hope the Pj do their job this week and show people just what happens when they get caught.

Fingers and everything else crossed for some results shortly

The matthews rabble and the evil mccann deviants should be made an severe example of so no one else tries this c*** again.
artemis1013
Been Cautioned

Previous

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008