DAILY STAR 31ST MARCH-SHANNON'S MUM THREATENS TO SUE COPS

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: DAILY STAR 31ST MARCH-SHANNON'S MUM THREATENS TO SUE COPS

Postby Anna » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:54 pm

ukjasmine wrote:i have known of cases where children are being sexually abused by their parents yet are allowed to stay at home, yet this mother cant have supervised access?

"Children are being allowed to stay at home with parents who sexually abuse them"?! "Allowed" by whom for goodness sake?!
Anna
New In Town

Postby ukjasmine » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:57 pm

ss policy
ukjasmine
New In Town

Postby azrael72 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:33 am

Anna wrote:
ukjasmine wrote:i have known of cases where children are being sexually abused by their parents yet are allowed to stay at home, yet this mother cant have supervised access?

"Children are being allowed to stay at home with parents who sexually abuse them"?! "Allowed" by whom for goodness sake?!

ukjasmine wrote:ss policy

i cant believe this is true....!!!!!!!!!!!
azrael72
Been Cautioned

Postby just cooking » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:47 am

azrael72 wrote:
Anna wrote:

ukjasmine wrote:ss policy

i cant believe this is true....!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe it either... what would be the use of Social Services... if they allow children to stay with abusive parents.
just cooking
First Time Offender

Postby tequilasunset » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:52 am

Newspaper reports this morning are contradictory, but some saying that Karen saw Shannon yesterday afternoon.

Also, that the children will now be subject to Social Services review.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Postby fedrules » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 am

Karen would do well to remember that it was the police who spents hours searching for and tracking down her daughter.Maybe,if she'd thought more carefully before bringing this particular step-father into her childrens's lives,this whole saga would never have occurred.
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby just cooking » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:59 am

tequilasunset wrote:Newspaper reports this morning are contradictory, but some saying that Karen saw Shannon yesterday afternoon.

Also, that the children will now be subject to Social Services review.

Yes just read that... thought it was a bit strange ... after yesterdays events they were allowing Karen to see Shannon. Maybe the timing was just a coincidence.
just cooking
First Time Offender

Postby pakeha2007 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:08 am

[quote="just cooking" what would be the use of Social Services... if they allow children to stay with abusive parents.[/quote]

I quite agree with you.
This is why I find that international expert on sex offenders and child abuse so spooky. The one who thinks that it is not always good for the rapist to be separated from his prey.
I speak of RW, who thought, as quoted in an interview you can read at mccannfiles, the twin's "Monster" game so healthy.
Of course, as we know, the Ms have denied this happened as reported.
pakeha2007
First Time Offender

Postby tequilasunset » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 am

From Sky News website today..

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "In relation to the welfare of the family's children, it is being dealt with by social services. Police policy is we are not commenting on the welfare of the children."
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Postby csiturkey » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:13 am

I can't believe some of these comments! If she had been placed back and then indecent material had been found I'm guessing some of you would have been saying 'why put her back within the family so soon' and now it's 'why shouldn't she see her mum?' I think the SS and police force are damned if they do and damned if they don't!

I think some of you should remember that there's an ongoinging investigation into the events that lead to shannon being 'kidknapped'...notice no mention of child abuse? This investigation has not been made public so none of us have the information that is at the police forces disposal and which has probably lead them to do what they are doing.

Those police men who found her are now being judged as to whether or not they are doing the right thing? I'm sure there's a child pyschologist on duty that's better able to advise the police than some of you!

P.S Goodness grief a FUND??! Why would they need a find ? They'd get legal support. Thsi fund business could end up being the worst thing to have ever been created...how many 'funds' have found children?? How many nasty parents will now have the idea that a fund could be their answer?
csiturkey
You're Nicked

Postby noo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Cas wrote:There must be a pretty good reason for this. I thought the SS where meant to keep families together for the good of the child, maybe she does not want to see her Mum, children can be fickle and easly lead,

children and families are kept together when it IS for the good of the child, if the child and parents are not together then that is because THAT is for the good of the child
noo
Been Cautioned

Postby sabot » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:42 pm

noo wrote:
Cas wrote:There must be a pretty good reason for this. I thought the SS where meant to keep families together for the good of the child, maybe she does not want to see her Mum, children can be fickle and easly lead,

children and families are kept together when it IS for the good of the child, if the child and parents are not together then that is because THAT is for the good of the child

This, unfortunately does not always follow.

There is something very wrong with this family and there has been, for a long time. Shannon is better off out of it.
sabot
You're Nicked

Postby bomaris » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 pm

ukjasmine -

Someone who expects the state to pay for the upkeep of the children she has with a succession of fathers will get no sympathy from me. End of story. If she wants to the state to pay for their upbringing, she has to put up with the state deciding their future.
bomaris
Hardened Criminal

Postby azrael72 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:42 am

bomaris wrote:ukjasmine -

Someone who expects the state to pay for the upkeep of the children she has with a succession of fathers will get no sympathy from me. End of story. If she wants to the state to pay for their upbringing, she has to put up with the state deciding their future.

oh....a thread on this comment would be very interesting......

ss seems at this point to be acting correctly when its comes to shannon.......lets hope they actually get this one right and dont fail the child.....
azrael72
Been Cautioned

Postby ukjasmine » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:45 pm

yes bomaris money buys everything these days
ukjasmine
New In Town

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008