DAILY STAR 31ST MARCH-SHANNON'S MUM THREATENS TO SUE COPS

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

DAILY STAR 31ST MARCH-SHANNON'S MUM THREATENS TO SUE COPS

Postby tequilasunset » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:30 am

Shannon's mum threatens to sue cops if they Don't let her see her daughter within 48 hours.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/33 ... ue-police/

SHANNON: LET ME SEE MY GIRL IN 48 HRS OR I'LL SUE POLICE
ABOVE: Karen Matthews31st March 2008 By Jerry Lawton Your Shout

SHANNON Matthews' mum plans to launch a legal fight if she is not allowed to see her daughter within 48 hours.

Anguished Karen's only contact with the nine-year-old in the 17 days since she was found has been a whispered "I love you'' through frosted glass.

The mum-of-seven says police have promised her a face-to-face meeting within the next two days.

But if she is not reunited with her daughter, pals say Karen, 32, will call in lawyers.

A family friend said: "Karen is just desperate to see her. She can't understand why she can't just sit down with her daughter and tell her how much she loves her.

"She just wants to give her a big hug.

"She was over the moon when police told her she would be allowed to see her within the next few days.

"If it doesn't happen she's talking about getting lawyers."

Karen said: "I'm overjoyed I've been told I can see her. I have been told I can't take anything with me at the first meeting, and I don't know how long we'll get together, but it is the moment I have been waiting for.

"We have got loads of things and her Easter eggs are waiting for her when she comes home."

Shannon vanished on her way home from school in Dewsbury, West Yorks, on February 19.

Michael Donovan, 39, has been charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Karen agreed to Shannon being "voluntarily accommodated" by Kirklees social services while officers question the child in ten-minute bursts.

But she is shocked by the lack of contact she has had with Shannon.

Social services officials say the voluntary arrangement could stay in place until January 2009.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Re: DAILY STAR 31ST MARCH-SHANNON'S MUM THREATENS TO SUE COPS

Postby ukjasmine » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:53 pm

its disgusting that the mother hasn't seen her daughter and im v surprised that there isnt more support for her on this forum.
ukjasmine
New In Town

Postby bugalugs1970 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:55 pm

ukjasmine wrote:its disgusting that the mother hasn't seen her daughter and im v surprised that there isnt more support for her on this forum.

Hold fire.......please
they may be a very good reason for her not being allowed to see Shannon.
There has been plenty of support for shannon and her mother on this site btw.
I'm on the payroll........WHAT...you didn't know!!!!!!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Savekids/
http://www.truthformadeleine.com
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss

Postby ukjasmine » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:08 pm

i know of many cases where children are allowed to stay with parents who have sexually abused their children yet shannon has not even had contact with her mother.
ukjasmine
New In Town

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:12 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Jasmine and I hope they do some suing after all this. Everyone else seems to enjoy the hobby of suing - why shouldn't Karen do it? The money would help them all have a better life.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby ukjasmine » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:13 pm

yes, id like to see them sue and id pay a bit to a fund to help the mother do it.
ukjasmine
New In Town

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:14 pm

ukjasmine wrote:yes, id like to see them sue and id pay a bit to a fund to help the mother do it.

Me too. They haven't half put up with a lot of suffering.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby azrael72 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:40 pm

i find this case very strange......is shannon being kept away from everyone in the family or just her mum.....has her dad seen her.....?..... i do think they have a right to know after all this time.....she signed over shannon for her to be helped by experts after her ordeal......but no contact is extreme if karen hasnt done anything......
azrael72
Been Cautioned

Postby cushty » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:50 pm

it would seem to be very cruel for both parties - which makes me wonder if the lack of contact is at Shannon's own request
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby ukjasmine » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:55 pm

lol i can see it now , every kid who runs away or says they hate their parents will not have to stay. if they are really stopping the mother from seeing her just for that reason then they should definitely be sued .
ukjasmine
New In Town

Postby Cas » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:10 am

Yes shame she not seen her daughter, after her ordeal you would have thought they would have reunited them even if supervised,
there must be something we not privvy too for it to be this way.
And I do wonder, did Shanon ask to see her mum?

why did she want to run away, was she just being naughty or is there something else.

she was heard laughing and giggleing while away, so sounder happy strange sistuation to me, just because they poor and drink and other members not with their mum but what do I know,
Cas

Justice for Madeleine

Click here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thevoiceformadeleine

Please sign the above................. Thank you

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Cuddle Cat.
(")_(")
Cas
Been Cautioned

Postby coral » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:24 am

ukjasmine wrote:its disgusting that the mother hasn't seen her daughter and im v surprised that there isnt more support for her on this forum.

There has obvioulsy been a very good reason for the Polices actions and todays news re Stepfather may explain it partly.
coral
Local Lag

Postby ukjasmine » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:35 pm

i have known of cases where children are being sexually abused by their parents yet are allowed to stay at home, yet this mother cant have supervised access?
ukjasmine
New In Town

Postby Cas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:37 pm

There must be a pretty good reason for this. I thought the SS where meant to keep families together for the good of the child, maybe she does not want to see her Mum, children can be fickle and easly lead,
Cas

Justice for Madeleine

Click here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thevoiceformadeleine

Please sign the above................. Thank you

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Cuddle Cat.
(")_(")
Cas
Been Cautioned

Postby blondie2 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Is this a wind up thread? All the posters are in on the joke? Right?

You know of children who have been returned to their homes where they have been sexually abused!!

Dear God I just wonder sometimes???????????
blondie2
Mafia Boss

Next

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008