Would you place this child back with her family

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: Would you place this child back with her family

Postby whatatangledweb » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:55 pm

JypsyBear wrote:Regardless of all what we have seen and heard is this , This is Shannons Mummy .My late father taught me lots of little sayings, one was , Dont Judge A Person by their Clothing or their Matrial Gains , Judge them by their Heart!and Actions. I believe this Lady is giving her best. She is happy with her way of life , i have far more respect for Shannons Mum , more than i do Kate Mccann.

I hope you mean Maddie's mum Jypsy :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvgK6M2_ ... re=related
we will gain truth and justice for a little girl who has no voice
whatatangledweb
Local Lag

Postby Elifun » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:41 pm

whatatangledweb wrote:
JypsyBear wrote:Regardless of all what we have seen and heard is this , This is Shannons Mummy .My late father taught me lots of little sayings, one was , Dont Judge A Person by their Clothing or their Matrial Gains , Judge them by their Heart!and Actions. I believe this Lady is giving her best. She is happy with her way of life , i have far more respect for Shannons Mum , more than i do Kate Mccann.

I hope you mean Maddie's mum Jypsy :shock:

What do you mean whatatangledweb ? I am sure Jysybear is talking about Shannons Mummy when she talks about giving her best, what do you think she is talking about. Please Jypsybear let me know if I am wrong.
Elifun
Suspect

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:06 pm

Yes - she should be with them now. this is prolonging the abduction and not good for her.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby amaseal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:23 am

If a child is unhappy and being abused or her needs neglected then she should be removed from her family's "care".
amaseal
Suspect

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:10 pm

If.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby mannie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:27 pm

I think Shannons input will help the authorities and police to decide her future.The police are taking a lot of time with Shannon
and will not place her in danger.
I also don't believe some of the stories the tabloids are pedaling and find it strange that Shannons gran and uncle came out of the woodwork after the story broke.
They stated her stepfather battered her and that she was very upset when she had to go home.Why did none of these adults report these incidents to people who could have helped Shannon,if this was the case.
mannie
First Time Offender

Postby amaseal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:19 am

Even if you ignore what her wider family have said, Shannon's friends also said that she was planning to run away, she also wrote on her bedroom wall that she wanted to live with her Dad. She started out in the opposite direction to home the afternoon she went missing. When her Mum was asked if she'd run away before she said that it was the first time, her older brother had already ran away from home more than once.
On top of this she has been abducted by a member of her stepdad's family - no wonder social services think its best for her to be in care.
It is hard to report your own family for abuse, I tend to believe the stories from the relatives.
amaseal
Suspect

Postby GoodForYou » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:05 pm

babyjo wrote:
Monkeyman wrote:To be honest my answer would be no, this is the life she had and knows nothing different, drugs, drink, numerous men coming and going, what kind of life as she had, hope to god the social services have a long hard look at this childs life, so she is a princess who as new pink bedding, what a load of c***, poor child what a life

:evil:

I cannot believe you are posting this. You, are a disgrace. Shannons mother was in absolute pieces when she lost her daughter. There may be drink and drugs, but she didn't ABANDON her children. Shannons mother was not out jogging, or having her hair done when the rest of the world were looking for her child. You are just another member of the sh*tty public who base everything around class. How DARE you come in here and critize another family when there are a pair of people out there who NEGLECTED there child to a massive degree and getting away with it scot free.

I don't care what that mother does in her private life...it has NOTHING to do with how or why Shannon went missing. She loves her kids dearly which is more than can be said for the McCanns.

God I wish everyone were as perfect as you Monkeyman, cos the world would be a better place.

Some people have hard lives, and love their children...others have it easy and put there kids in danger.

If there were drugs then I agree with Monkeyman.Frankly some people should not ever have children. Many others should sort themselves out before they have children. That's what I did, because there is no bigger responsibility than having a child and this country is in the mess it is because too many breed like rabbits when they are completely unfit to parent a child.
Last edited by GoodForYou on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once this was about a beautiful child lost by negligent parents. Now it is about the ugly face of the British establishment. The involvement of the government and the compliance of the UK media has nothing to do with allowing justice to take its course.
GoodForYou
Local Lag

Postby Sandie » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:10 pm

I think Shannon should be the one to decide. She actually would like to live with her own father Leon Rose, and I feel that should be respected. She is of an age where she knows what she wants, and was not happy at home to start off with.
Sandie
Suspect

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:24 pm

A child saying they want to run away isn't always as serious as it sounds. I remember saying that for nothing - also if people are asking her stuff like that, she may enjoy all the attention and think ' I might get toys off my Dad'.

She may live with him and then the moment he tells her off, want to go back home.

Sometimes with a child it can just be that they have been in trouble at home in a normal everyday way. They are also easily seduced by toys and attention.

Craig may have given her a justifyable telling off and she just doesn't like it.
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby peacelover » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:06 am

I think it speaks for itself that Shannon is not allowed back home. :(

The eyes of the country are on the police and what they and social services have decided - and they know full well that eventually the truth will out.

Under those cicumstances there is no way they would keep a child away from its mother without very good reason.

What they might do in an anonymous case away from prying eyes is an entirely different matter and we all know that social services have acted in a high handed manner in the past by taking kids from parents -

But this case is under scrutiny and no-one would want to risk their pensions etc by handling this one badly.

Remember also that Shannon is identified already to the press and nation - and under various child protection rules it is usually the case that a child's privacy is respected - especially if releasing details might be embarrassing for them.

The fact that the 'uncle' has NOT been charged with any sexual offence also speaks volumes - this would not be done simply to protect Shannon's privacy - if they had any evidence of this crime he would be in the frame for it imo

So it is possible that there are background details that are not going to be released in order to protect Shannon from further public trauma.

Yes kids often say they are going to run away, but a kid who genuinely loved their parents and who was only 'chancing their arm' for more toys - would have given up the act long before now.

Whatever you may think - children are not soulless mercenary creatures - they usually know better than adults what is really important in life.

It would be very rare for a little girl to value a few toys above being with her mum - unless there were something very very wrong.
peacelover
Suspect

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:15 am

peacelover wrote:I think it speaks for itself that Shannon is not allowed back home. :(

The eyes of the country are on the police and what they and social services have decided - and they know full well that eventually the truth will out.

Under those cicumstances there is no way they would keep a child away from its mother without very good reason.

What they might do in an anonymous case away from prying eyes is an entirely different matter and we all know that social services have acted in a high handed manner in the past by taking kids from parents -

But this case is under scrutiny and no-one would want to risk their pensions etc by handling this one badly.

Remember also that Shannon is identified already to the press and nation - and under various child protection rules it is usually the case that a child's privacy is respected - especially if releasing details might be embarrassing for them.

The fact that the 'uncle' has NOT been charged with any sexual offence also speaks volumes - this would not be done simply to protect Shannon's privacy - if they had any evidence of this crime he would be in the frame for it imo

So it is possible that there are background details that are not going to be released in order to protect Shannon from further public trauma.

Yes kids often say they are going to run away, but a kid who genuinely loved their parents and who was only 'chancing their arm' for more toys - would have given up the act long before now.

Whatever you may think - children are not soulless mercenary creatures - they usually know better than adults what is really important in life.

It would be very rare for a little girl to value a few toys above being with her mum - unless there were something very very wrong.

Whatever you may think - children are not soulless mercenary creatures
This statement is typical of how things can be twisted and distorted. Just who said that?!

I am mearly thinking of all scenarios and that the professional services have been known to get things wrong. I think if this family appeared more upstanding in our society, less fuss would have been made of minor details. Once a child gets in the hands of the professionals things have to be gone through with a fine tooth comb so that they don't cock up as they have done in the past with child abuse cases.
I think Shannon can be damaged just as much by her present circumstances as she could when she was with the nutter. It is just not normal.
A normal life involves being told off for things as well as the good things. She won't be having the usual good and bad. She won't have been told off for weeks - not normal.
I don't think this would have happened to a more affluent family because they would have kicked up a stink.

I cases of divorce children have been known to want their estranged Dad evertime Mum tells them off. When they go to their Dad's, they get things and concentrated attention for a day, which can seem like heaven 'the other man's grass is always greener'.
I used to stay at my aunts for a few days in the summer holidays and because it was so idyllic, I never wanted to go home. If I had stayed long enough for her to tell me off, I would have cried to go home.
Shannon may have slight learning difficulties as her Mum obviously is so this also can impair the yearning for her Mum.
If they stay with them for a week and it becomes normal, they are not so charmed by the situation.
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby poppy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:34 pm

"I think Shannon can be damaged just as much by her present circumstances as she could when she was with the nutter. It is just not normal.
A normal life involves being told off for things as well as the good things. She won't be having the usual good and bad. She won't have been told off for weeks - not norm"

Thants an interesting perspective katiejordanprice and I tend to agree you with you on it. I just hope social services and all parties involved are doing what they are doing for Shannon's best interest, and not to protect their own backs.
poppy
Suspect

Postby peacelover » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7326006.stm

I think this says it all really... :(

Oh and does anyone on this thread have actual experience of working with children in care?

Because I have and if you think they don't get told off you have had a very different experience of things than I have.
peacelover
Suspect

Postby ejm » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 pm

KatieJordanPricePHD wrote:
Shannon may have slight learning difficulties as her Mum obviously is so this also can impair the yearning for her Mum.

What makes you say that?
ejm
Local Lag

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008