Would you place this child back with her family

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: Would you place this child back with her family

Postby tonto » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:24 am

Reality check here. Shannon came into the sphere of her abductor because of her mother's lifestyle. It can't be disputed, she has 7 children by 5 different fathers and because of that there is an absolutely huge network of extended family and their friends. Donovan is the Uncle of her mother's boyfriend. These paedophiles are opportunistic and they groom vulnerable children. Shannon was a vulnerable child and we don't know the full story yet. At the beginning of all this it was stated that she might have run away so she would be given a computer like her brother (compulsive runaway). I read that Donovan's computer was taken away for analysis. It's possible that they were communicating via the brother's computer.
Out of Karen Matthews 7 children at least 3 are living with their fathers. These children include a full brother of Shannon. That is tragic to split up full blooded siblings like that. Doesn't anyone think it is odd that someone's child has been missing for 3 weeks with the very worst scenario presumed and when found the mother is only allowed 2 minutes to speak with her and not touch her. I don't think you would keep a woman with normal mothering instincts apart from her daughter. Wouldn't it be normal to throw your arms around them, tell the authorities to go to hell and be with your little girl every step of the way through whatever counselling, interviewing and testing she had to endure? Something does not add up here :(
tonto
You're Nicked

Postby Donna » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 am

The child is 9 years old, the day she went missing was one of the coldest this winter so far, and she should have been met at the school gate by a responsible adult. end of.

MM was 3 years old and left alone in an empty dark apartment in an overseas country. There should have been a responsible adult in the apartment where 3 babies were staying. end of.
Donna
You're Nicked

Postby happymum » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 am

I think its pretty clear that Shannons family life is not perfect............but then again who is?

What ever the outcome of this, I just hope that the spot light that has been placed on Britain's social, educational and emotional issues is not switched off.

We can not look down our noses and consign people we see as disfuncional to the likes of Jeremy Kyle.

We have a frighteningly high level of ADULT illiteracy in this country

We have a welfare system that traps people............ Why would anyone want to work if they would be only a few pounds better off?

We have NO nationwide program of parenting courses................ How on earth do you learn to be en effective and happy parent if you have not had good parental role models of your own and you lack a the basic education.

I say this on good authority................... I grew up with an Alcoholic parent, and had no idea what good, supportive parenting was.

I had to teach myself by reading book after book and watching what "good" parents were doing right.

Shannons family are a symptom of a much bigger problem......................
happymum
Suspect

Postby DrachenSachen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:22 am

If it is the case that some members of Shannon's extended family have offences against against children you can bet your life Shannon will be included on the Child Protection Register otherwise known as the "at risk" register. Just another name to add to the near 30, 000 children or so currently on the register in England.

Child protection register statistics - England
2003 – 2007

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/Inform/resource ... f49858.pdf
Last edited by DrachenSachen on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live Radio und Web-TV aus allen Ländern

http://www.surfmusik.de/
DrachenSachen
On Parole

Postby happymum » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:27 am

DrachenSachen wrote:If it is the case that some members of Shannon's extended family have offences against against children you can bet your life Shannon will be included on the Child Protection Register otherwise known as the "at risk" register.

I think little Vicktoria Climbie was on the "at risk" register :(
happymum
Suspect

Postby DrachenSachen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 am

happymum wrote:
DrachenSachen wrote:If it is the case that some members of Shannon's extended family have offences against against children you can bet your life Shannon will be included on the Child Protection Register otherwise known as the "at risk" register.

I think little Vicktoria Climbie was on the "at risk" register :(

So are nearly 30, 000 other children and that just in England :(
Live Radio und Web-TV aus allen Ländern

http://www.surfmusik.de/
DrachenSachen
On Parole

Postby writer lynn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:39 am

Baby Jo you seem to know a lot about the circumstances around how Shannon got to that house, talking about 'being snatched off the street'. As far as i'm aware, we don't know yet whether she was snatched, walked there, was taken there by someone else or anything. Can you enlighten us please?
writer lynn
First Time Offender

Postby happymum » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:41 am

DrachenSachen wrote:
happymum wrote:

I think little Victoria Climbie was on the "at risk" register :(

So are nearly 30, 000 other children and that just in England :(

That's just the ones that social services know about, how much abuse is hidden under the facade of "fine upstanding 2.5 middle class families" :?:
happymum
Suspect

Postby Joanne » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:04 am

Who in Shannon's immediate family is on drugs? The implication at the beginning of this thread is that it is is her Mum or Step Dad but I haven't read anything about either being on drugs before.
Joanne
Suspect

Postby JypsyBear » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:12 am

Regardless of all what we have seen and heard is this , This is Shannons Mummy .My late father taught me lots of little sayings, one was , Dont Judge A Person by their Clothing or their Matrial Gains , Judge them by their Heart!and Actions. I believe this Lady is giving her best. She is happy with her way of life , i have far more respect for Shannons Mum , more than i do Kate Mccann.
JypsyBear
First Time Offender

Postby peacelover » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6641481.stm

I think this link is quite appropriate.

It is about a baby killed by his mother's boyfriend. Until the mother was involved with this boyfriend the baby was well cared for and she appeared to be a doting mother - then the new 'man' turns up and the baby becomes seriously at risk.

I am afraid that it is too often the case that women become obsessed with men and their twisted idea of 'romance' and the children then suffer the consequences.

7 children and numerous men suggest a lack of judgement in this area - which is not hopeful for the children's future safety and welfare.

I don't think this is a matter of material or educational differences - it is a matter of wrong choices and tragically dangerous ignorance.

It is perfectly possible to dislike how Kate McCann treated her children AND feel serious misgivings about Shannon and her siblings in this chaotic 'family'. It isn't a choice between the two.

Both familes have appeared to have 'taken their eye off the ball' as far as the well being of their children is concerned.

I wouldn't want to be part of either family - they both seem to be awful and not a nurturing environment for either the adults or the children involved.
peacelover
Suspect

Postby MoeSzyslak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Donna wrote:The child is 9 years old, the day she went missing was one of the coldest this winter so far, and she should have been met at the school gate by a responsible adult. end of.

MM was 3 years old and left alone in an empty dark apartment in an overseas country. There should have been a responsible adult in the apartment where 3 babies were staying. end of.

Well said.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby bungaroosh » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:50 pm

COMMENT DELETED
Last edited by bjr on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user now banned
bungaroosh
New In Town

Postby MoeSzyslak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:52 pm

bungaroosh wrote:Well, I suppose this is another family to get your pitchforks in to. Makes a change for you.

Shouldn't you be on the Red Crown site?
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby Impartial » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 pm

I think some on here have learned nothing from the case we are all here for.

Never trust the media, the protagonists or any bystanders unless you have heard it all and can build an opinion.

Then you might just be able to try an opionion about her future life
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008