MAIN THREAD - Shannon Matthews

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: MAIN THREAD - Shannon Matthews

Postby fedrules » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 pm

In my opinion the moral of the story is that parents need to take a responsible attitude when they bring children into the world and to care for them and protect them in a way that means that they can develop into secure and loving adults.For want of sounding sanctimonious,I don't think having 7 kids with 5 different men is in the children's best interest.Nor were the McCanns examples of loving parents when they abandoned three under 4s to their fate..
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Re: Shannon Matthews

Postby Groom1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:38 pm

GoodForYou wrote:Holly Mackeral. Seven kids? Haven't they heard of contraceptive? Okay this paints a new picture for me. I didn't know that. He doesn't 'look' responsible and mature with his baseball cap on.

I can remember decades ago in the seventies, seeing poor people pleading poverty, with about six small children under 10, thinking: did you ever consider contraception? In those days that was the only problem, since people used to get married, then start a family. Nowadays, they have serial boyfriends and every child has a different father.

Most of the blame is placed on the mothers, which is unfair, since the men seem to go from woman to woman, reproducing themselves.
Groom1
First Time Offender

Re: Shannon Matthews

Postby Groom1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:46 pm

gonzo wrote:
somthinfishie wrote:
fedrules wrote:So are the BBC.Agree that it is in dubious taste and ulikely to help find Shannon.

ITV also aired the emergancy call,you could hear Karen crying,but agree not much use in finding Shannon,unless it was meant to appeal to some-one who may be holding her?~~fishie

I'm surprised the police have released this tape and have agreed to it being played for all to hear
- - I thought the police said parents mustn't show emotion - - or is that for just the one case?

No. that was just the pathetic excuse for the parent's of the other missing child when they realised that they weren't showing any emotion.
Groom1
First Time Offender

Postby diddy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:23 pm

writer lynn wrote:
diddy wrote:It is FANTASTIC news.

Still confused, they said she was found in the drawer of a divan bed.
OK, that doesn't confuse me.
But he was also in one?
Who closed them?
Or he was lying in an open one?
How did he fit?
Sorry, I shouldn't, but I'm almost laughing at this thought.

---------
The graphic mock-up on Sky News showed a slide-door opening i think, rather than it being a drawer.

That makes more sense!
After I'd posted, I thought dozy mare, he could have taken the drawer/s out to fit himself in and if you have a valance, might not be too obvious.
(As long as you'd hidden the drawers!)
Forgot you can also get sliding door types!
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby cushty » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 pm

according to the Mail, the man who had Shannon has implicated her mother in her disappearance

I find it difficult to believe, though, as she really did look genuinely thrilled at her reappearance
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby Georgiecat » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:33 pm

mm, it all seems very strange to me :shock:
"He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth"
Georgiecat
Local Lag

Postby writer lynn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Interesting. On Sky News an expert (sorry didn't catch what in, psychology perhaps?) is pointing out there is probably no harm to Shannon and says perhaps think out of the box now and think of the reward. Implying a hoax could be the answer. Not saying it is, he said, but it's possible.
writer lynn
First Time Offender

Postby MoeSzyslak » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Just can't work it out myself. Her mother did look legitimately upset. I don't know. I have my hunches, but want to wait and see when more info comes out.
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby tequilasunset » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:40 pm

The mother's parents are not keen on Shannon being returned to her mother, it would seem.

In that Mail article, they claim to have looked after the other children, who were reluctant to go home, when the time came for them to leave their grandparents.

Something isn't right somewhere.

Why are the mother's own parents and brother turning on her and her boyfriend?

:(
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Postby writer lynn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:55 pm

Don't know but i'm not sure i'd be in favour of a situation where grandparents can override a parent's control. I'm sure in this case there are many questions and care must be taken, but i believe it should be officially controlled by the police in the first instance.
writer lynn
First Time Offender

Postby tequilasunset » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:05 pm

writer lynn wrote:Don't know but i'm not sure i'd be in favour of a situation where grandparents can override a parent's control. I'm sure in this case there are many questions and care must be taken, but i believe it should be officially controlled by the police in the first instance.

Agreed!

I think that their whole situation will be investigated, fairly intensively, by the police and social services.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Postby writer lynn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:19 pm

tequilasunset wrote:
writer lynn wrote:Don't know but i'm not sure i'd be in favour of a situation where grandparents can override a parent's control. I'm sure in this case there are many questions and care must be taken, but i believe it should be officially controlled by the police in the first instance.

Agreed!

I think that their whole situation will be investigated, fairly intensively, by the police and social services.

-------------
I think so too and am convinced it should be, since many others have said she was unhappy and did not want to go home. Must be a reason for that. It was reported that her older brother has run away many times too. Don't know if that's true.
writer lynn
First Time Offender

Postby writer lynn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Mind you, what does 'investigated by social services' mean? I hope it doesn't mean popping around for a cup of tea like they did with the McCanns?
writer lynn
First Time Offender

Postby tequilasunset » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:23 pm

writer lynn wrote:
tequilasunset wrote:

Agreed!

-------------
I think so too and am convinced it should be, since many others have said she was unhappy and did not want to go home. Must be a reason for that. It was reported that her older brother has run away many times too. Don't know if that's true.

I saw that in the newspapers, about the older brother running away. More then once too.

But, we all know the media.

So, what do you believe?

Mind you, the large packs of strong lager that were going into that home, you don't know what goes on.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Postby miffed » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:48 am

I only became interested in this case about a week before Shannon was discovered alive. But when I started reading about this, I found the time of › hour that Craig went searching before phoning the police out quite odd ... it seemed such a little time. I believe he had been at home for the day and Karen was at a friend's house and only discovered Shannon was missing when she returned home. I would imagine that Karen would've run into the streets shouting Shannon's name and there would've been a general confusion in the neighbourhood before phoning the police. Does anyone know whether there was such a pandemonium?
miffed
On Parole

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008