MAIN THREAD - Shannon Matthews

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Re: MAIN THREAD - Shannon Matthews

Postby diddy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Perhaps because he is so young, and not her father?
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby benidicta » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:16 pm

years ago, i had a friend who was seperated from her husband, she told me each time her daughter came home after a weekend with her dad .she told her she did not want to go to stay with him any more, i told her she must get to the bottom of it all, a child does not weep all the time for nothing,one day there was a banging on my door it was my friend, she was in a state and told me her little girl had told her what her dad was doing to her on these weekends,it was not nice,the police were called in ,and her mum kept saying i wish i would have listened,i never thought in my wildest dreams this was happening,
it pays to take notice of kids ,they must be protected,
SUNSHINE
MOONLIGHT
GOODTIMES
BUGGY
THEY JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES
benidicta
First Time Offender

Postby rollerskater » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:12 pm

wonderfull news shes alive .
rollerskater
New In Town

Postby benidicta » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:30 pm

yes she is and i hope they all look after this girl, its great news she is alive :bounce: :bounce:
SUNSHINE
MOONLIGHT
GOODTIMES
BUGGY
THEY JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES
benidicta
First Time Offender

Postby just cooking » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:41 pm

Thank goodness this poor little girl has been found alive. I do hope and pray she is well.x
just cooking
First Time Offender

Postby Daisy1158 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:53 am

G'day. It is wonderful that Shannon is alive :D . I also think it is prudent to have her under a protection order. I personally smell a rat in this case. I am, however, not suspicious of the biological parents, but something is not quite right :?: and I think the police also knows it. Alleged abductor reportedly a relative of stepfather? This is highly unusual in abduction cases, IMO.
Daisy1158
New In Town

Postby Morg » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:42 am

It is excellent news Shanno has been found and the Protection Order will give Shannon the safety net needed. As reported in the media, the person she was found with is an Uncle of Shannon's stepfather, if the poor girl had been returned to her Mother, the strain on Shannon would have been untenable. With the order, it will allow the police to get a better picture of what happened without any help from others. It will also allow Shannon to be placed to get the further help she most likely needs.
Morg
First Time Offender

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:51 am

Daisy1158 wrote:G'day. It is wonderful that Shannon is alive :D . I also think it is prudent to have her under a protection order. I personally smell a rat in this case. I am, however, not suspicious of the biological parents, but something is not quite right :?: and I think the police also knows it. Alleged abductor reportedly a relative of stepfather? This is highly unusual in abduction cases, IMO.

It definitely sounds as though something is not quite right. I can't help wondering if the secret "foxhole" was where she was found. Perhaps she felt safe where she was, this of course may be completely wrong but it is good that she has been found alive.
I should imagine that eventually the whole story will come out.
Harriet
Suspect

Postby Alpine Aster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:58 am

Harriet wrote:
Daisy1158 wrote:G'day. It is wonderful that Shannon is alive :D . I also think it is prudent to have her under a protection order. I personally smell a rat in this case. I am, however, not suspicious of the biological parents, but something is not quite right :?: and I think the police also knows it. Alleged abductor reportedly a relative of stepfather? This is highly unusual in abduction cases, IMO.

It definitely sounds as though something is not quite right. I can't help wondering if the secret "foxhole" was where she was found. Perhaps she felt safe where she was, this of course may be completely wrong but it is good that she has been found alive.
I should imagine that eventually the whole story will come out.

Its great Shannon has been found alive, now perhaps someone will listen to her and she can talk about what she really feels like from what I have read she was unhappy in her home life.
The Man was the Uncle of her Stepfather.
Those who play the game do not see as clearly as those who watch
Alpine Aster
Local Lag

Postby diddy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:16 am

It is FANTASTIC news.

Still confused, they said she was found in the drawer of a divan bed.
OK, that doesn't confuse me.
But he was also in one?
Who closed them?
Or he was lying in an open one?
How did he fit?
Sorry, I shouldn't, but I'm almost laughing at this thought.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby bomaris » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:33 am

Great news. And what is the moral of the story?

The pros will say it proves a child can be missing for a long time but still turn up alive and more or less well, despite suspicion falling on a parent.

The antis will say it shows that this case is nothing like the McCann case. There were never any massive contradictions in the evidence in the public domain. But again it shows that family members can be involved in the disappearance of children.

The conspiracists will say that it shows how a child might be hidden as part of a deliberate subterfuge that is not a true abduction.

The sceptics (me included) will say that this just shows how we should never jump to conclusions and that theories should follow the evidence.
bomaris
Hardened Criminal

Postby diddy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:49 am

Not sure if there's a moral, but if Shannon is in care now, then for sure things are being looked into.
All it has shown is that this family came out with accusations flying all over the place towards other family members, and I think this won't have helped.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby writer lynn » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:32 am

diddy wrote:It is FANTASTIC news.

Still confused, they said she was found in the drawer of a divan bed.
OK, that doesn't confuse me.
But he was also in one?
Who closed them?
Or he was lying in an open one?
How did he fit?
Sorry, I shouldn't, but I'm almost laughing at this thought.

---------
The graphic mock-up on Sky News showed a slide-door opening i think, rather than it being a drawer.
writer lynn
First Time Offender

Re: Shannon Matthews

Postby Groom1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:24 pm

JypsyBear wrote:I have had a child missing, and i have knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes, the police work very closley as do social services, and give support.Whilst doing this they go into every detail and choose latest photos of the missing child and examine ones house. But do it in a very respectfull way. My daughter was returned safely, but it did take some days and hours, their is still hope until the police say otherwise.They work flat out and God willing she is somewhere safe! I still thank our british police force with all my heart, not forgetting the liason officers and social team.

I had my child dodge away from me behind a clothes rack - he was missing for about three horrible minutes. I also had to search for my younger son aged about 12, and found him and a school friend with a Guy Fawkes dummy, begging for money outside the local railway station. I became separated from my mother in a London shop as a small child. But the police weren't involved in any of these incidents.

When I was about eight (circa 1954, having moved to a small town which was relatively rural at that time), after school, I crossed the road to play with a pal in her home instead of going straight home on the bus as I always did. My parents called the police, and a description of me was issued (the headmistress described my eyes as "grey" but they are blue/green). I returned home about two to three hours later to a pair of upset and extremeley angry parents. Needless to say, I never did that again.
Groom1
First Time Offender

Postby fedrules » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:29 pm

It's great news that Shannon has been found alive.I just hope that Donavan wanted to look after her rather than abuse her.I agree with Daisy that the relationship between the man and Shannon's step-father is unusual and makes me suspicious that all may not be as it seems in this case.
fedrules
Mafia Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008