MAIN THREAD - Shannon Matthews

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

MAIN THREAD - Shannon Matthews

Postby Elifun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:15 pm

I know there are a few posters who go on about the McCanns hogging the lime light in the media and everywhere else and that is why I am a little surprised that nobody has started a thread about the missing 9 year old Shannon Matthews.

What do people think about this case so far?

Obviously like everyone else I really do hope she is alive and well and having a child of a smiliar age I know they ain't always that easy (timid or not). On one hand I think maybe she has just run away because of problems at home but if someone was sheltering her surely they would have come forward by now. Also for my lifestyle a child leaving school at 3pm and being reported missing at 7pm seems a bit weird. Personally I don't like the sound of a 22 year old step father as they is a good chance they would still be quite immature and unable to deal with difficult older children. Any thoughts anybody? Or is it only Madeleine you like talking about :wink:
Elifun
Suspect

Re: Shannon Matthews

Postby Elifun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:17 pm

By the way I meant to start a new topic in the main menu not under Madeleine, however I'm sure it will be moved to its rightful place.
Elifun
Suspect

Postby tonto » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:21 pm

There are a couple of threads pertaining to Shannon
tonto
You're Nicked

Postby somthinfishie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:24 pm

Try this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4475

~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Elifun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:24 pm

Where are they - are can't find them ???? :oops:
Elifun
Suspect

Postby Laffin Assasin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:24 pm

Mirror forum has banned any discussion of Shannon :shock:
Laffin Assasin
Mafia Boss

Postby tonto » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:29 pm

I somehow suspect that the ban on mentioning Shannon is because our two heroes from Rothley and Madeleine were being mentioned on those threads. I was guilty of that myself. One can't help but compare the way the media and posters are treating Shannon's family and the way the Mccann's were handled with kid gloves. My posts on DM were deleted overnight. Posters were slagging off Shannon's family terribly.
tonto
You're Nicked

Postby Elifun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Anyway I don't want to go to the Mirror Forum - I banned myself by asking for my account to be closed - what a load of c r ap they are IMO.

I think we need another forum about Shannon as the other one just talks about how much more important Madeleine is than Shannon. So hopefully this one can go on. What do you think about her actually disappearance (not bringing the McCanns into it).

Saying that I am off down the pub for my dinner now . . . . . but will be back later. :)
Elifun
Suspect

Postby Elifun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:31 pm

Laffin Assasin wrote:Mirror forum has banned any discussion of Shannon :shock:

And they said it wasn't a class issue :!: :!:
Elifun
Suspect

Postby Aresa » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Unfortunately now, it looks like missing children are going to be under-reported after what the Mc's have done.

They either try to jump on the bandwagon and add their own victim status, or try to bump it off the front page with another non-existent siting.

I pray that Shannon is found soon, I hope that it is nothing more than her frightened now of going home, but the weather in this region has been horrendous and my OH who works for an emergency service covering the area she is missing from, has just contacted me to say he won't be home at 11.30pm.

It has been persistent gale force winds and driving rain here most of the afternoon/evening.

God Bless Shannon & Madeleine
Aresa
Suspect

Postby Southernbelle » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Maybe the Mirror doesn't want to be seen as a practitioner of double standards. It banished the Madeleine forum so, perhaps, it wants to demonstrate its even-handedness by banning ANY discussions about ANY missing child!!!

:lol: :lol:
Southernbelle
New In Town

Postby Meadow » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Wish the Matthews family a speedy return of Shannon.

One glimmer of hope I read is that her brother had ran away. Lets just hope that Shannon is safe and the glimmer of hope is that she is just copying her brother.

But its been a few days now and she's only nine.
Meadow
Local Lag

Postby bugalugs1970 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Heard on evening news that police are talking further with shannon's family. They also showed cctv footage of shannon around 3.20ish or so.
I'm on the payroll........WHAT...you didn't know!!!!!!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Savekids/
http://www.truthformadeleine.com
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss

Postby Elifun » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:50 pm

I found the Mirror Forums after Madeline's disappearance and will now come on here for info on Shannon just the same. Please, please be found safely little one . . . .
Elifun
Suspect

Postby shoperoo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:13 pm

From what I've read, I feel Shannon ran away- possibly a cry for help or attention. The family situation doesn't sound ideal. I hope she will be found soon.

As for the press coverage you can't blame the McCanns for this- Its down to the Editors and unfortunately having Madeleine on the front page sells more papers- purely,profit based journalism now in the UK- real shame

shoperoo
First Time Offender

Next

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008