sunday mirror 18 May

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

sunday mirror 18 May

Postby cushty » Sat May 17, 2008 10:17 pm

front page of Sunday Mirror says Karen Matthews hasn't had a single visitor in prison

no matter what she has done, I think that is very sad

it would seem her own parents have much to answer for IMO
cushty
Mafia Boss

Re: sunday mirror 18 May

Postby Aresa » Sun May 18, 2008 11:38 am

Cushty

I have to agree with you on this one, totally. I saw the headline, but haven't read it.

For me, there have been times in my life where I have been hurt by actions of those that I love. I have told them I love you, but I don't like what you have become. In life people have to make mistakes to grow and move on, we all learn through adversity.

I could never turn a blind eye to anyone who I thought was alone and in fear. I wouldn't cover up for them, or make excuses on their behalf, but, I would certainly try to be a shoulder for them to cry on, if needed.

I have the address detail of the prison in front of me, and I found it with a view of writing a letter to her, weeks ago. I have never done anything like this before in my life, so I am a little unsure about going ahead. Although thinking back I did send parcels and letters to our troops in Iraq when they were first sent out there. I don't agree with the war, but I do have great respect and admiration for the troops fighting abroad.

Life is far too short!
Aresa
Suspect

Postby bomaris » Sun May 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Yes, it's sad.

To a certain extent she is not the author of her own misfortunes.

It's wicked though the way the state has conspired to abet her foolishness - simply stumping up money to fund her child "benefits" by several (absent, presumably non-paying) fathers.

The state should tell people like this that their kids will be taken into care and adopted if they have no intention of providing for them. They'll soon invest in contraception and a job then.
bomaris
Hardened Criminal

Postby kerry » Sun May 18, 2008 2:53 pm

And yet she has been refused bail, I know it's said that's for her own protection but is it not possible for her to be placed in a hostel elsewhere? I cannot see her doing a disappearing act because she wants her kids back so I can't see why she remains in prison until the trial, it's not as if she's been charged with murder.
Any yet if the McCanns are charge with the death of Madeleine and hiding her body I bet there'll be a public outcry if they're made to stay in Portugal until the trial.
Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freedom of speech: - Benjamin Franklin
kerry
Been Cautioned

Postby cushty » Sun May 18, 2008 5:57 pm

unless there are reasons we do not know of to keep her children away from her, I would hope she sees them regularly at a place away from the prison

not giving her bail does seem odd - she is hardly a danger to the general public - I wonder what sort of a lawyer she had compared to the top flight lot employed by the McCanns?
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby mumof5 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:25 pm

cushty wrote:front page of Sunday Mirror says Karen Matthews hasn't had a single visitor in prison

no matter what she has done, I think that is very sad

it would seem her own parents have much to answer for IMO

Yep, I read the article and cannot help but feel very sorry for her...
Apparently, not only has she had no visitors but she is also in her cell alone for 20 hours a day - so terrified is she that the hate mob of fellow prisoners will beat her up.
I know what she has done was very, very wrong, but jeez at least her daughter is still alive and well unlike another little girl I could mention. :(
CADAVER DOGS CAN'T TELL LIES !
mumof5
Local Lag

Postby mumof5 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:27 pm

cushty wrote:
not giving her bail does seem odd - she is hardly a danger to the general public

Maybe the public is a danger to her ? I would say there are more than a few folk off the estate that she lived on that could well be baying (sp) for her blood so to speak.
CADAVER DOGS CAN'T TELL LIES !
mumof5
Local Lag

Postby beaker1 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Aresa wrote:Cushty

I have to agree with you on this one, totally. I saw the headline, but haven't read it.

For me, there have been times in my life where I have been hurt by actions of those that I love. I have told them I love you, but I don't like what you have become. In life people have to make mistakes to grow and move on, we all learn through adversity.

I could never turn a blind eye to anyone who I thought was alone and in fear. I wouldn't cover up for them, or make excuses on their behalf, but, I would certainly try to be a shoulder for them to cry on, if needed.

I have the address detail of the prison in front of me, and I found it with a view of writing a letter to her, weeks ago. I have never done anything like this before in my life, so I am a little unsure about going ahead. Although thinking back I did send parcels and letters to our troops in Iraq when they were first sent out there. I don't agree with the war, but I do have great respect and admiration for the troops fighting abroad.

Life is far too short!

I would seriously think twice about doing that personally.
-----Just an opinion from a muppet.
beaker1
First Time Offender

Postby beaker1 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:07 pm

i'm reading here like some of you have sympathy for her just because her daughter is alive. Don't forget she was left with someone who's own kids arent allowed to be with him.
I don't think she deserves any sympathy at all, she knew what she was doing - she hurt a lot of people inorder to make ££££
-----Just an opinion from a muppet.
beaker1
First Time Offender

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Wed May 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I still have a strange hint of feeling sorry for Karen Matthews - mainly because the more clever, cunning and bafty crastards of this world, get away with murder!!! :evil:

She is not quite in the same league as Myra Hindley, but she is being treated like her...............well, even Myra got bl*oody looked after better! :evil:
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby cushty » Wed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

I would equally sorry for anyone who was in prison and had no visitors

feeling totally abandoned and unloved is not part of her punishment, especially as she is only on remand at the moment
cushty
Mafia Boss

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008