Police probe the disappearance of Sharron Mathews fund money

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Police probe the disappearance of Sharron Mathews fund money

Postby Trancebabe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:38 pm

The Daily Star is reporting that police are investigating the disappearance of the money that people gave to the Mathews "fund".
I wonder what the McFraudsters will make of it all.
It is a disgrace that the Madeleine fund wasn't frozen when the Mcs were made arguidos. Hopefully it will now be fully investigated. That might wipe the smirks from their faces.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gal ... 59,00.html
Trancebabe
Suspect

Re: Police probe the disappearance of Sharron Mathews fund money

Postby ShuBob » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:43 pm

I think this story is being covered in light of recent rumours from Portugal on the McCanns' finances 8)
Carlos Anjos on Clarence Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth."

My name is Isabelle and I have a Teapot
ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby crosseyedlion » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Without a doubt. Its not even subtle is it? :mrgreen: Squirming in Rothley Towers tonight I wonder.....
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5871/yeaag9.jpg

"The investigation will bring its results, whoever they hurt."
crosseyedlion
Been Cautioned

Postby dogma » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Whilst I agree completely with the sentiments, there is nothing anyone can do about the Mccann fund as long is it pays its tax. Its a a private company so they can do what they like. Of course it is morally wrong and they misled people but they covered themselves. no doubt McVey is desperate for people to forget about her involvement in it all
dogma
Been Cautioned

Postby betwise » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:02 am

dogma wrote:Whilst I agree completely with the sentiments, there is nothing anyone can do about the Mccann fund as long is it pays its tax. Its a a private company so they can do what they like. Of course it is morally wrong and they misled people but they covered themselves. no doubt McVey is desperate for people to forget about her involvement in it all

If convicted in portugal would uk police apply under the proceeds of crime?
betwise
You're Nicked

Postby IRONSIDE » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 am

This is like the Cinderella story,one with style and contacts,the other no class and no contacts.Yet the crime is the same, a fake abduction, a cover up of knowing where the child was at all times.Taking money from the good hearted public.The mccanns paid their mortagage from the fund and some family expences...Karen mathews took benefits from the goverment for her family needs.

The crimes are the same,so how come Karen has been charged with neglect and abandonment of Shannon and faces charges the mccanns are still swanning around like celebs.
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby Sue1423 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:25 am

IRONSIDE wrote:This is like the Cinderella story,one with style and contacts,the other no class and no contacts.Yet the crime is the same, a fake abduction, a cover up of knowing where the child was at all times.Taking money from the good hearted public.The mccanns paid their mortagage from the fund and some family expences...Karen mathews took benefits from the goverment for her family needs.

The crimes are the same,so how come Karen has been charged with neglect and abandonment of Shannon and faces charges the mccanns are still swanning around like celebs.

Class. You have Drs against Karen Matthews a lower class of person in the eyes of many. I believe that had it been Karen Mattews in Portugal last year, she would have been charged with 'Child neglect & abandonment' straight away & when she returned to the UK, she would have had her children immediately removed by Social Services.

I have to admit that I actually feel sorry for Ms Matthews, I think she got herself in a situation that she couldn't get out of & eventually cracked with the strain in the end. She certainly came over as a mother in distress & looked incredibly vulnerable. I am not excusing her actions in the least if what is alleged is true, but I have to say that throughout Shannon's ordeal, she came across as more human then ever I have seen the McCann's throughout Madeleine's disappearance!
Sue1423
Suspect

Postby IRONSIDE » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:17 am

Hi Sue I agree,we do not know what caused Karen to take such drastic steps,if proven this is to be the case. I am sure that the involvement would have been the usual help,which anyone has when in another country,I do not however, feel there would have been private phone calls between her and Gordon Brown.,Nor visits to the Pope.

She would have been charged and her children taken into care.
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby HAPPYDOG » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am

dogma wrote:Whilst I agree completely with the sentiments, there is nothing anyone can do about the Mccann fund as long is it pays its tax. Its a a private company so they can do what they like. Of course it is morally wrong and they misled people but they covered themselves. no doubt McVey is desperate for people to forget about her involvement in it all

I agree they certainly made the fund to THEIR favour however I think they desperately mislead people a lot of people thought it was a charity seriously well I know I did and other people I have spoken to however there is nothing that can be done.

It would be a whole different ball game though if the McCanns were involved in the disappearance of their daughter as they would have then set up a fund for a purpose that had never existed iykwim.
HAPPYDOG
XXXXX
HAPPYDOG
Local Lag

Postby fedrules » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am

There is one huge difference in the two cases though Ironside-Shannon is still alive.Maddie almost certainly isn't.
fedrules
Mafia Boss

Postby sans_souci » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:26 am

Sue1423 wrote:
IRONSIDE wrote:This is like the Cinderella story,one with style and contacts,the other no class and no contacts.Yet the crime is the same, a fake abduction, a cover up of knowing where the child was at all times.Taking money from the good hearted public.The mccanns paid their mortagage from the fund and some family expences...Karen mathews took benefits from the goverment for her family needs.

Class. You have Drs against Karen Matthews a lower class of person in the eyes of many. I believe that had it been Karen Mattews in Portugal last year, she would have been charged with 'Child neglect & abandonment' straight away & when she returned to the UK, she would have had her children immediately removed by Social Services.

I have to admit that I actually feel sorry for Ms Matthews, I think she got herself in a situation that she couldn't get out of & eventually cracked with the strain in the end. She certainly came over as a mother in distress & looked incredibly vulnerable. I am not excusing her actions in the least if what is alleged is true, but I have to say that throughout Shannon's ordeal, she came across as more human then ever I have seen the McCann's throughout Madeleine's disappearance!

With regard to the last paragraph, this could of course be because (if the stories are in fact true) she knew that Shannon was alive and OK, and indeed she knew where she was. This would reduce the strain a bit, and mean that she was playacting.
sans_souci
Local Lag

Postby IRONSIDE » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:27 am

Good morning fedrules,Yes I know and that's the saddest part. Have a good day.
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby daisy-joe » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:37 am

We also did not see any celebs offering to donate and government mentioning it in house of commons :o All we saw and heard was media slagging off all the family and friends, digging deep into backgrounds etc; to find the dirt! Completely the opposite to what mccanns got :? There were 9 people involved in maddie's ? disappearance what do we know of their backgrounds and family? What dirt has the media reported? How deeply have they dug? And at the end of the day imho I still believe the matthews tried to copy the mccanns for the money!!
daisy-joe
Suspect

Postby mickey1 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:00 am

fedrules wrote:There is one huge difference in the two cases though Ironside-Shannon is still alive.Maddie almost certainly isn't.

Hum her mother obviously cared for her and the other one didn't
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" [Winston Churchill]
mickey1
On Parole

Postby SearchforJustice » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 am

If they knew that Madeleine was dead when they set up the fund then that's fraud. So, there's a lot that can be done.
SearchforJustice
Suspect

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008