Shannon's uncle uses parking disabled badge whilst in court

Shannon Matthews went missing on her way home from school on the 19th February 2008, Shannon lived in Dewsbury with her Mother and Step Father. Please discuss

UPDATE Shannon Matthews Found Alive 14th March 2008

Shannon's uncle uses parking disabled badge whilst in court

Postby tequilasunset » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:56 am

I wonder who the badge really belongs to!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/35 ... n-s-uncle/

PARKING CHEAT FURY OF SHANNON'S UNCLE
ABOVE: Craig Meehan21st April 2008 By Liam Miller THE uncle of Shannon Matthews exploded with rage when he was hit with a parking ticket at court.

Furious Neil Hyett, 36, yelled at the traffic warden who caught him red-handed.

Hyett was booked for displaying a disabled badge in the window of his Vauxhall Zafira – despite not having a disabled person with him.

He was attending the hearing of his brother-in-law Craig Meehan at Dewsbury Magistrates' Court, West Yorks. Meehan, 22, is accused of possessing 140 indecent images of children on a computer.

A witness to the bust-up said Hyett arrived with wife Amanda, 25, on Friday, put up the disabled badge and went into the courthouse.

He said: "While he was in there a traffic warden came along and decided to wait until he returned to see if they had anyone disabled with them.

"The warden said to me: 'If he returns with a relative who owns the badge then I won't do anything.' But some of Neil's mates came out of court during the hearing and saw the warden watching over Neil's car.

"Neil walked down to the warden being really aggressive."

The onlooker, who refused to be named, said Hyett tried to drive off as his ticket was being written.

But a police community support officer stood in front of the people-carrier, blocking his escape route.

After the ticket was handed over, Hyett continued shouting and a policeman tried to calm him.

The police officer was heard to say: "With all the town's police and the world's media here, you park in a disabled space."

Meehan, who lived with Shannon's mum Karen, 32 – was remanded in custody. Karen is also in custody accused of perverting justice over the alleged kidnapping of Shannon, nine, on February 19.
Last edited by tequilasunset on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Re: Shannon's uncle uses parking disabled badge whilst in court

Postby Stevo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 am

What an obnoxious, cheating, perverted and sick family. They deserve to be banged up in jail for many, many years.
Stevo
First Time Offender

Postby Pumpkinbean » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:21 pm

What are you talking about - Neil Hyett isn't in custody .
Pumpkinbean
New In Town

Postby Meggi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:45 pm

I'm glad that he got caught when using a badge that wasn't his so many people abuse the badge scheme and get away with it, I'm a mum of a disabled child and if the people who abuse the parking laws realised how hard it is to get a wheelchair in and out of a car, extra space is needed, and you need to open the door really wide to lift a child who is totally imobile out and into the waiting chair, I was going to say they probably wouldn't do it, but thinking about what this family appear to be like that probably wouldn't be the case,
One woman outside some shops actually said to me I was 'lucky' to be able to park there, I'll remember that when I'm up 3/4 times in the night turning my daughter over and recovering her up as she wakes up!!!!
I probably would have said something to her if i wasn't so K**k***d !!!

But back to subject sorry I do have a rant now and again, they seem like a cheating family all round and give the impression they don't care obviously don't care about the poor kids, if any good has come out of this at all if that's possible, then at least Shannon and her siblings may get to live with a loving family who really want to care for them, and give them the love and care that all children deserve.

Badge was probably nicked out someone's car !
Meggi
New In Town

Postby coral » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:19 pm

2345 wrote:It's a wind up ...... he's being held in police custody and would, therefore, have been taken to Court in police vehicle.

CM's very busy .......

What are you on about, you seem to post this on quite a few threads about CM, I think you are seeing too many conspiracies lol. CM has nothing to do with this.

Neil Hyett is not in Police custody, thats Craig Meehan.
coral
Local Lag

Postby MoeSzyslak » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:24 pm

What a silly thing to do, and with the eyes of the press around. :roll:
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby tequilasunset » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:59 pm

2345 wrote:It's a wind up ...... he's being held in police custody and would, therefore, have been taken to Court in police vehicle.

CM's very busy .......

He lives next door to Karen Matthews and is married to Craig Meehan's sister.

He is not Craig Meehan's uncle with whom Shannon was found.
tequilasunset
Local Lag

Location: Watching Clarrie spinning pink cobwebs in the media

Postby yeahbutno » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Meggi wrote:I'm glad that he got caught when using a badge that wasn't his so many people abuse the badge scheme and get away with it, I'm a mum of a disabled child and if the people who abuse the parking laws realised how hard it is to get a wheelchair in and out of a car, extra space is needed, and you need to open the door really wide to lift a child who is totally imobile out and into the waiting chair, I was going to say they probably wouldn't do it, but thinking about what this family appear to be like that probably wouldn't be the case,
One woman outside some shops actually said to me I was 'lucky' to be able to park there, I'll remember that when I'm up 3/4 times in the night turning my daughter over and recovering her up as she wakes up!!!!
I probably would have said something to her if i wasn't so K**k***d !!!

But back to subject sorry I do have a rant now and again, they seem like a cheating family all round and give the impression they don't care obviously don't care about the poor kids, if any good has come out of this at all if that's possible, then at least Shannon and her siblings may get to live with a loving family who really want to care for them, and give them the love and care that all children deserve.

Badge was probably nicked out someone's car !

Well said Meggi - agree with every word. People who abuse these spaces simply don't bother to consider the reasons WHY they are so vital to disabled people, especially wheelchair users.

Hyett could be prosecuted for fraudulent misuse of the badge, and should be. The genuine owner of the badge could also have it withdrawn if he/she knowingly allowed it to be misused. Hopefully Kirklees Council will investigate.
yeahbutno
New In Town

Postby Joanne » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:05 pm

I think Hyett and his wife are also being investigated for benefit fraud aren't they?
Joanne
Suspect

Return to Shannon Matthews - 9yrs old - Missing Since 19th February 2008 - Found Alive 14th March 2008