Some New Photos

There are many forum members, that come from various Countries, so this is the place to post your favourite recipes for the 3A COOKERY BOOK, pictures, talk about your cultures, holiday recommendations and share with other members your Countries Culture. Also share your holiday snaps and your ventures whilst on holiday.

Some New Photos

Postby perrito » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Today with other friends I have visited Caravaca de la Cruz and Calasparra, I've had a real history lesson but it was very enjoyable.

the lovely little square in Caravaca

view over the roofs from the Sanctuary at Caravaca

rice fields at Calasparra

the Sanctuary of Hope at Calasparra
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Re: Some New Photos

Postby CaptnMorgan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:18 pm

perrito, I always love to see your pictures. You go to the neatest places!!! It's always a treat to look at the places you go! :D
Justice for Madeleine
CaptnMorgan

Postby dogrose » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:55 pm

sunshine and what lovely blossom on the trees. you are so lucky not to be here in the UK, its all grey and damp here.
dogrose
On Parole

Postby Roshana » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:13 am

Oh, I'd love to be there. Lovely photos, as always. Thanks!
Roshana
New In Town

Postby notdeadfred » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:23 am

Lovely pictures, what are the purple coloured trees called in the first picture?
It was our holiday too
notdeadfred
On Parole

Postby perrito » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:45 pm

notdeadfred wrote:Lovely pictures, what are the purple coloured trees called in the first picture?

Sorry for my very late reply. I'm not 100% certain but I think they are maybe Almond trees, there are many of them and they do look beautiful, some are pink and some are white.

An interesting little fact here, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago. Costa Blanca, which of course is White Coast is called the White Coast because of the thousands of Almond trees which made whole areas look White when they were in Blossom. I was told that the Almonds from the trees with White blossom are the very best grade Almonds, the Almonds from the trees with Pink Blossom are the second grade ones. I learn something new every day :D

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby Achtung Baby » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:45 pm

The Sanctuary of Hope looks a really amazing place...........
Hellothere is back......................

Nothing to fear and nothing to hide.................
Achtung Baby
First Time Offender

Postby abuela » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:50 pm

[quote="perrito
An interesting little fact here, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago. Costa Blanca, which of course is White Coast is called the White Coast because of the thousands of Almond trees which made whole areas look White when they were in Blossom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola Perrito, I am on the Costa Blanca too, but didn't know that! We learn something new every day here! The almond blossom certainly was beautiful this year.

Our apartment overlooks loads of orange groves and of course they are in blossom at the moment; the scent is wonderful. And I'm happy to report that our lemon tree, which lives in a big tub on the terrace, has been in blossom and now has teeny, tiny lemons. We are so excited!!
abuela
First Time Offender

Postby perrito » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:36 pm

We took a walk through the parque natural after a trip to the market this morning, so many Flamingoes there today.

perrito

Postby JypsyBear » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:20 pm

perrito, is it possible for you to give us any information on the The Sanctuary of Hope , Thankyou JypsyBear
JypsyBear
First Time Offender

Postby perrito » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:36 pm

leave it with me a while Jypsy and I will see what I can find for you, I won't forget, okay.

perrito

Postby perrito » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:27 am

Here you are Jypsy, and anyone else interested of course, this is one of the best sites I have found re Calasparra so far, do watch the video clip, it shows you inside the cave church and all around the sanctuary area. I will post any other information I find.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Calasparra--a-h ... -of-Murcia

perrito

Return to From Around the World - Living, Holiday, Food and Drink