Can anybody recommend a good curry in Leicester?

There are many forum members, that come from various Countries, so this is the place to post your favourite recipes for the 3A COOKERY BOOK, pictures, talk about your cultures, holiday recommendations and share with other members your Countries Culture. Also share your holiday snaps and your ventures whilst on holiday.

Can anybody recommend a good curry in Leicester?

Postby wendykins » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:14 am

My sweetheart says he's up for Valentine's Day out! We're just new to the area so I've no ideer what's a good choice. Any locals aloft? TIA!!! :D :D :D :D
wendykins
New In Town

Re: Can anybody recommend a good curry in Leicester?

Postby blondie2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:18 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I adore curries but don't live anywhere near there so can't help. Sorry.
blondie2
Mafia Boss

Postby Primavera » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 am

wendykins wrote:My sweetheart says he's up for Valentine's Day out! We're just new to the area so I've no ideer what's a good choice. Any locals aloft? TIA!!! :D :D :D :D

Take a walk down Belgrave Road. You'll be spoiled for choice there...lots of excellent Indian restaurants. Or you could try the Lahore Karahi on Charles Street, which is a buffet place, good value, excellent food and always full of Asian people, which is a good sign!

My personal choice for a special occasion would be to go to Belgrave Road for the wide choice on offer there.

If tapas is your choice, there's an excellent tapas bar on Queen's Road, Clarendon Park, a stone's throw from the Stoneygate area....so you never know who you might see there! :wink:
"I can no longer observe such pleased mad faces."
("Killers," by Alice Walker.)

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/
Primavera
First Time Offender

Postby JennyBabe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 am

there are a couple on Hinckley Road, which are nice, both owned by the same person - can't remember what they're called - they're at the bottom of Hinckley Road near Narborough Road/Braunstone Gate. there is an Indian on Braunstone Gate as well, which used to let you bring your own alcohol, which is great :)
JennyBabe
Suspect

Postby crunchy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:29 am

Oooooh lucky you!! Don't know Leicester that well, but if you ever feel like travelling a bit further up the M1 you'll find it hard to beat either the Nawaab in Bradford o the Thall in Knottingley nr Pontefract.
crunchy
New In Town

Postby chimaera » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Take a walk up the Golden Mile (aka Bombay Pass) - Melton Road. There's one every other building. If you want vegetarian, Bobby's on Melton Road is the best. No garlic or onions are used in anything and the food is truly amazing. It is always really busy and not what I would call "intimate" but the best food ever. Also, The Tiffin on London Road was excellent but pricey the last time I went - it's a few hundred yards up from the station.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby Primavera » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:27 pm

chimaera wrote:Take a walk up the Golden Mile (aka Bombay Pass) - Melton Road. There's one every other building. If you want vegetarian, Bobby's on Melton Road is the best. No garlic or onions are used in anything and the food is truly amazing. It is always really busy and not what I would call "intimate" but the best food ever. Also, The Tiffin on London Road was excellent but pricey the last time I went - it's a few hundred yards up from the station.

Have you seen my thread about Bobby's? It's my fave Leicester restaurant! Love the sweets too!
"I can no longer observe such pleased mad faces."
("Killers," by Alice Walker.)

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/
Primavera
First Time Offender

Return to From Around the World - Living, Holiday, Food and Drink