THE THREE ARGUIDOS COOKERY BOOK

There are many forum members, that come from various Countries, so this is the place to post your favourite recipes for the 3A COOKERY BOOK, pictures, talk about your cultures, holiday recommendations and share with other members your Countries Culture. Also share your holiday snaps and your ventures whilst on holiday.

Re: THE THREE ARGUIDOS COOKERY BOOK

Postby HawkEyes1 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:06 pm

pike1 wrote:HawkEyes...how do you expect me to have time to cook all these wonderful dishes when I`m spending time reading the J4M forum? :lol: :lol:

Do what I do, pike1, and cook in between reading and posting on 3A. I dash down to the kitchen from my eyrie, which it partially overlooks, when the next stage of the recipe is required. That way too, one gets some exercise in between posting, and best of all one has something delicious to eat at the end of the session.

Timers going off help too, especially when baking!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Re: THE THREE ARGUIDOS COOKERY BOOK

Postby HawkEyes1 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:39 pm

beachy wrote:
nbrado wrote:Image

BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM CHEESECAKE

3/4 lb. coconut or digestive biscuits
3/4 c. butter

FILLING:

1/2 lb. cottage cheese
1/2 lb. cream cheese
2 tbsp. cold water
1 env. unflavored gelatin
Juice and rind of 2 lemons
6 tbsp. Bailey's (or chocolate-flavored) liqueur
1/2 pt. whipping cream
2 egg whites
1/4 lb. powdered sugar
2 oz. melted chocolate

To make crust: Combine coconut or crushed biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Press into spring form pan. Chill.

To make filling: Sieve cottage cheese. Mix with cream cheese, and beat well. Mix gelatin with cold water, and let set 5 minutes. Heat over hot water to dissolve. Blend into creamed mixture. Add lemon juice and rind, and continue beating until mixture is very smooth. Beat in liqueur. Beat whipping cream, and fold into cheese mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff; gradually add sugar. Carefully fold egg whites into batter. Pour into crumb crust. Refrigerate 6 hours.

To serve: Drizzle melted chocolate over surface of cheesecake just before serving.

Just wanted to say that I made this for guests over the weekend using amaretto instead of Bailey's, and it was to die for. It is not that I am such a great cook; it's just a terrific recipe.

Beachy's Amaretto Cheesecake
Follow nbrado's cheesecake recipe above and substitute an Amaretto liqueur for the Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur.

Kalhua Cheesecake from the Eyrie of HawkEyes
Follow nbrado's cheesecake recipe above, but substitute hazelnut flour or finely ground walnuts for the coconut in the crumb mixture. Then substitute Kalhua liqueur for the Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur in the cheese mixture.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Previous

Return to From Around the World - Living, Holiday, Food and Drink