ANYONE FOR TAPAS?

There are many forum members, that come from various Countries, so this is the place to post your favourite recipes for the 3A COOKERY BOOK, pictures, talk about your cultures, holiday recommendations and share with other members your Countries Culture. Also share your holiday snaps and your ventures whilst on holiday.

ANYONE FOR TAPAS?

Postby perrito » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:09 pm

living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Re: ANYONE FOR TAPAS?

Postby Morg » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:56 am

Many years ago, octopus was cooking in a pan, friend lifted the lid to look and her response was along the lines of ' ugh, how disgusting'.

Another time, we were presented with a large crate of frozen octopus, very thoughtful gift but and there's a but, to prepare and cook, we had to wait for it to thaw out which it did slowly ...... over a couple of days. Each octopus had to be peeled off the block. I was cooking and bottling the said octupi, begging friends for jars.
Morg
First Time Offender

Postby abuela » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Perrito, the girl on the fish counter in Mercadona tried to sell me one today as they were on offer. I was a cook in a previous life but never ever cooked it. I assume you have? I really should have a go, even if it's to freak out my squeamish step-daughter!!
abuela
First Time Offender

Postby IsChildNeglectLegal » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:46 pm

When we were on Holiday in Majorca we visited the local Market & my youngest Daughter nearly jumped out of her Skin when an Octopus Tentacle appeared over the side of one of the Containers on display, she didn't realise they were still alive.. :lol:
Pro McConn, excusing Child neglect since 3rd May 2007

Clarrie...if it's good enough for the PJ it's good enough for ME..get over yourself you are now't but a Pink Windbag !

"Use the Force"........the Police Force to lock the B*ggers up.
IsChildNeglectLegal
On Parole

Postby Morg » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:09 pm

abuela wrote:Perrito, the girl on the fish counter in Mercadona tried to sell me one today as they were on offer. I was a cook in a previous life but never ever cooked it. I assume you have? I really should have a go, even if it's to freak out my squeamish step-daughter!!

Sorry for jumping in but, didn't want you to hestitate in the freaking out .... this is a Greek recipe I have shamelessly copied (my ex is Greek, so you can imagine, I tend to cook Mediterranean food often).

http://www.theodorou.freeserve.co.uk/gr ... ctopus.htm

Octopus in Red Wine - The traditional way...
(This is one of the best ways to cook octopus, apart from barbecueing
them straight from the sea, of course!)
For a meal for 4 you will need: To cook...
1 Octopus, weighing about 1 to 2 kg (4 lb)
1 cup (200 ml) dry red wine
1 or 2 tablespoons of malt vinegar
Half a cup (100 ml) of olive oil
Half a cup (100 ml) of water
1 stick of cinnamon
1 bayleaf
Freshly ground pepper

To cook...

Wash the octopus thoroughly, remove the mouth and other bits you don't like
Place in a large saucepan with all the ingredients listed above and bring to boil.
Cover the saucepan and simmer for about 45 minutes or until tender and the sauce thickens
Serve hot or cold with some salad, a good dry red, and fresh Greek bread...
Morg
First Time Offender

Postby abuela » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:00 am

Thanks for that Morg - might try it out on my mother-in-law when she comes to visit!!

By the way - yes, I've thought for a long time that clarrie was a spook!!
abuela
First Time Offender

Postby perrito » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:13 pm

sorry for the late reply all, but no I haven't cooked octopus (pulpa), I hate to admit it but I'm a bit of a faddy eater and anything remotely fishy is definitely off the menu for me, only fish I ever eat is out of tins or the fish and chips variety, I'm not a seafood fan at all.

when we lived in Kenya the locals used to bring huge crabs and lobster to us, their poor legs tied up with string, we would buy them then off down to the beach to release them :lol:
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby celticcarla » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Funny :lol: Ive always referred to clarence as an octopus, what with the many legs everywhere and the black ink squirting all over the facts clouding them with his murky visions hed like us to believe on behalf of the mccanns. Ironic :shock: 8)
"We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else's business", says David Payne.
Gonçalo Amaral promises to clarify "all the lies created"
celticcarla
Mafia Boss

Postby Morg » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:28 pm

abuela wrote:Thanks for that Morg - might try it out on my mother-in-law when she comes to visit!!

By the way - yes, I've thought for a long time that clarrie was a spook!!

I'm getting quite anxious, has you MiL visited yet??? and can we see the photos ???

and if Clarrie ain't a spook, I just wonder what his agenda is
Morg
First Time Offender

Postby Samantha Spade » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Hello, this is my first post! :wink: joined about half an hour ago. :lol:

Just nicely back from Palma, and have to say the food was absolutely delicious. Tapas was our favourite meal . Pan fried squid in garlic sauce was one of our fav's with a glass or three of Rioja to wash it down...mm mm.
Hi- Sammy here
Samantha Spade
New In Town

Postby whatatangledweb » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Hello Sam and welcome to the best forum on the net.. My fav Tapas is spicy liver..am dying to find the recipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvgK6M2_ ... re=related
we will gain truth and justice for a little girl who has no voice
whatatangledweb
Local Lag

Postby Southerncross » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Grew up in South Africa, but had a Portuguese friend(30 odd years ago) that made the ultimate peri-peri chicken wings. Never had the time to grab the recipe from him,and he has passed away now :( but to me that was the best "fingerfood" ever
Southerncross
You're Nicked

Postby abuela » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:58 pm

[quote="Morg
I'm getting quite anxious, has you MiL visited yet??? and can we see the photos ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not for another three weeks. Just got rid of one lot of visitors and I need a rest!! One of the disadvantages of living in a Spanish seaside resort is that everyone wants to come for a holiday!
abuela
First Time Offender

Return to From Around the World - Living, Holiday, Food and Drink