YOUR WORST HOLIDAYS

There are many forum members, that come from various Countries, so this is the place to post your favourite recipes for the 3A COOKERY BOOK, pictures, talk about your cultures, holiday recommendations and share with other members your Countries Culture. Also share your holiday snaps and your ventures whilst on holiday.

YOUR WORST HOLIDAYS

Postby janz1956 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:50 am

i`ll start, mine had to be my honeymoon, many years ago

first reason...well im divorced so self-explantory

as for the rest, well we went to Tossa de Mar, in the ropiest hotel ever....

Dinner consisted every night consisted of boiled potatoes and green beans, no, no meat/fish ....nothing

it rained very day, the shops were shut for some festival or other..
what a disaster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
janz1956
Global Moderator

Postby Tilly » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:10 am

Not really had a bad holiday must have been lucky, the nearest thing would be a holiday in Yugoslavia the accomodation was something else but the people were friendly
New in Town again
Tilly
New In Town

Postby bonnybraes1 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:40 pm

My worse ever holiday was on Formentera. The apartment block's plumbing, for some bizarre reason, ran on seawater. Not surprisingly, it kept failing. It eventually died completley, and the only way to flush the toilet was with water from the stagnant pool. Yeauch!! About twenty people checked in with us originally; when it was time to catch the flight home, only four of us were left. I never did find out where the others went...probably on life support machines or kidney dialysis on the mainland.
bonnybraes1

Postby perrito » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:05 am

India..........loved the country but the hotel was quite something else. Piles and piles of rubbish everywhere, rats and cockroaches abounded, upside down lampshades were a novelty, black, full of dead flies, tablecloths stuck to the table with months old curry. One couple had a lovely view of the stars through the hole in the roof, another family were turned out of their room to make room for the family of the manager and a couple who tried to video the kitchens were chased out by staff weilding knives and guards put on the kitchen doors.

However we all got virtually all our money refunded from the travel company and apart from the hotel we had a great holiday.

The travel company stated that all accommodation was carefully checked out by their personnel, I recommended that the personnel who checked out that particular hotel were sent immediately for an eye test. :D
perrito

Postby nurgis » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:15 am

The worst ever holiday was many moons ago at Butlins in north of Wales. They said the family would love it.
The family hated it. The children, then 9 and 10, would not enter the shalley. It was awful. We compalined to
the managment, that just looked at us as we where out of space. :roll: :roll: We propably were for them as they
could not understand us and we them. We did not speak the same English :shock:

Don't ask how we new of Butlins in Iceland. It is such a sad, sad story. :cry: :cry: :cry:
NO more ice please and justice for Maddie
nurgis
Local Lag

Re: YOUR WORST HOLIDAYS

Postby maid marion » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Tunisia has to be the worst place for me, closely followed by Alabania (except it isn't called that anymore!)
maid marion
Been Cautioned

Postby mrsgaz » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Benidorm about 20 years ago. Hotel room was not ready when we arrived so my parents let me and my sister have theirs - until they saw the coackroaches on the walls. Food was awful (I still can't eat scrambled eggs...) and when we complained the the rep her reaction was 'What do you expect for £200 per head?'!
Very luckily 3 days into the holiday there was a sign outside the dining room asking if anyone wanted to move to a hotel in Alicante as ours was overbooked! We went and had a look at the hotel in Alicante and it was a dream - we taxi'd over there that afternoon and it all turned out okay.
Frequently go back to Benidorm now (parents have a flat in Calpe) and wander past that hotel and shake my head...
mrsgaz
Suspect

Postby Roshana » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:34 am

Went on holiday with a friend to Kenya and Zanzibar. It was decided I'd make the plans for Kenya and she'd do Zanzibar. We had a wonderful, though expensive trip through Kenya but she wanted to 'live like a local' in Zanzibar. I knew that was going to be a disaster.

Stayed at the oldest hotel in Stonetown. Must have been built in the 19th century. Carpeting had not been changed since. Nor had the tub been cleaned since. For that matter doubt the place had been dusted since as well. Was in February so high summer - temps ~50C and humidity must have been 99%. Of course no air con. The window screens had wide gaps all around and the mosquito nets had more holes than netting.

Huge cockroaches crawled across the ceiling, falling onto the floor periodically. The hot water faucet was just above our ankles in the tub while the shower was ice water. Was also Ramadan, so no food or drink served anywhere till sunset.

Then went sightseeing and I badly sprained my ankle and could not walk at all. So my friend would stand on the street and flag down motorcyclists to ask if they'd give us a ride!

In defense of Zanzibar though must say if we'd made different arrangements think it could have been a lovely place.
Roshana
New In Town

Postby inthedark » Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 pm

The Algarve!!

Seriously though, the Algarve was incredible, as was the resort we stayed at. We went two years in a row, but the second time was a complete nightmare!! A co-worker of my husband's overheard him talking about our amazing first trip and that we were planning a second one, and he basically invited himself and his wife and child along (we ended up sharing a suite which I will never ever do again with anybody). The wife complained non-stop about the food, the service, the cost of everything, etc etc and then took me to task halfway through the holiday because my then 3-yr old daughter had made friends with a sweet little English girl in the apartment next to us - she thought it was unfair to her 18 month old that my daughter preferred a playmate her own age :x To top it all off, her husband continually made advances toward me all holiday, and on our last day we had completely run out of money because of screw up with my husband's pay!!

But I would love to go back to the Algave or anywhere in Portugal again - it was the very best holiday I've ever had (well, at least the first trip was)!! :wink:
inthedark
Suspect

Return to From Around the World - Living, Holiday, Food and Drink