Where's your favourite Holiday Destination?

There are many forum members, that come from various Countries, so this is the place to post your favourite recipes for the 3A COOKERY BOOK, pictures, talk about your cultures, holiday recommendations and share with other members your Countries Culture. Also share your holiday snaps and your ventures whilst on holiday.

Re: Where's your favourite Holiday Destination?

Postby frencheuropean » Thu May 22, 2008 3:13 pm

London. . My daughter lives there and for me, even with the worst weather, it's a sunny place.
Last edited by frencheuropean on Thu May 22, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frencheuropean
First Time Offender

Postby Vimes » Thu May 22, 2008 3:13 pm

New York - I don't know if I could handle living there, but, for 2 weeks, nothing beats it.
Champion of the burnt crunchy bits school of culinary appreciation.
Vimes
Local Lag

Postby LittleGreyCell » Fri May 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Nice!

Fantastic weather, azure blue sea, silly, flouncy architecture, loads of art galleries and lots of live music, including a couple of jazz festivals. Oh, and some great restaurants. And very good public transport. Wonderfully close airport and lots of little dogs. Shall I shut up now?? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Last edited by LittleGreyCell on Sun May 25, 2008 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittleGreyCell
New In Town

Postby anti-PhiloPastry » Fri May 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Well I am truly jealous of all you globetrotters. I have not been out of the uk for 16 or so years :evil: :oops:

Anyone like to do a house swap for a week or two in sunny Bournemouth? Anyone? I do not care if you move in with a pack of wild dogs and kids for a fortnight. I am desperate. :oops:
anti-PhiloPastry
Been Cautioned

Postby cushty » Fri May 23, 2008 3:54 pm

I'm off to my favourite city, Paris, in June

I'm meeting up with an American e-mail friend for the first time

I'm hoping some of librarising's French phrases will come in handy :lol: :lol:
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby maid marion » Fri May 23, 2008 4:57 pm

Live in Spain so am on holiday all the time :wink:

Favourite places:

Most Caribbean Islands, especially St Lucia and Honduras. Belize (really friendly people).

Naples, Florida Gulf coast. New York for shopping

Brighton in the UK and the Cotswolds
maid marion
Been Cautioned

Postby baby_sitter » Fri May 23, 2008 11:39 pm

For me there are 2 places, depending on what type of holiday you want..... Barbados for the chill out beach holiday or Edinburgh for the Fringe festival in August - both places I will go and haunt!!!
baby_sitter
New In Town

Postby confuseddotcom » Fri May 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Vimes wrote:New York - I don't know if I could handle living there, but, for 2 weeks, nothing beats it.

It was the first place I flew to and absolutely loved it.
All life is there.
We needed 2 extra suitcases for the shopping :D
Can't wait to go back.
Braccae illae virides cum subucula rosea et tunica Caledonia-quam elenganter concinnatur!
(Those green pants go so well with that pink shirt and the plaid jacket!)
confuseddotcom
Been Cautioned

Postby confuseddotcom » Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 pm

baby_sitter wrote:For me there are 2 places, depending on what type of holiday you want..... Barbados for the chill out beach holiday or Edinburgh for the Fringe festival in August - both places I will go and haunt!!!

Spent our 25th wedding anniversary in Edinburgh ( too scared to fly in those days, have since made up for it though :D ).
Really enjoyed it.
Braccae illae virides cum subucula rosea et tunica Caledonia-quam elenganter concinnatur!
confuseddotcom
Been Cautioned

Postby baby_sitter » Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 pm

confuseddotcom wrote:
baby_sitter wrote:For me there are 2 places, depending on what type of holiday you want..... Barbados for the chill out beach holiday or Edinburgh for the Fringe festival in August - both places I will go and haunt!!!

Spent our 25th wedding anniversary in Edinburgh ( too scared to fly in those days, have since made up for it though :D ).
Really enjoyed it.

not cheap to stay there, but the festival (august) is always the best time to go (apart from maybe hogmany- but not done that yet).
Funny that everyone is classed as the new 'french and saunders'...... until you see them, its always luck of the draw unless you see soeone you already now - but well worth the experience!
baby_sitter
New In Town

Postby confuseddotcom » Sat May 24, 2008 12:02 am

baby_sitter wrote:
confuseddotcom wrote:

Really enjoyed it.

not cheap to stay there, but the festival (august) is always the best time to go (apart from maybe hogmany- but not done that yet).
Funny that everyone is classed as the new 'french and saunders'...... until you see them, its always luck of the draw unless you see soeone you already now - but well worth the experience!

Went in September, baby_sitter, so missed the festival.
It was only a day trip as we were staying in Callander for the week, but thought Edinburgh would be a nice Anniversary treat...which it certainly was :D
confuseddotcom
Been Cautioned

Postby baby_sitter » Sat May 24, 2008 12:11 am

confuseddotcom wrote:
baby_sitter wrote:
confuseddotcom wrote:

Really enjoyed it.

If you like covent garden, with street entertainers etc then try the festival - such a lovely place and lovely atmosphere.

Went in September, baby_sitter, so missed the festival.
It was only a day trip as we were staying in Callander for the week, but thought Edinburgh would be a nice Anniversary treat...which it certainly was :D
baby_sitter
New In Town

Postby abuela » Sat May 24, 2008 11:17 am

anti-PhiloPastry wrote:Well I am truly jealous of all you globetrotters. I have not been out of the uk for 16 or so years :evil: :oops:

Anyone like to do a house swap for a week or two in sunny Bournemouth? Anyone? I do not care if you move in with a pack of wild dogs and kids for a fortnight. I am desperate. :oops:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

anti-PhiloPastry, have PMed you!!
abuela
First Time Offender

Postby Alpine Aster » Sat May 24, 2008 11:54 am

One of the best Holiday's I have had was for three Weeks in the U.S.A., went ot New York for a Week, we did the glass boat around the Statue of Liberty at night had a great meal and plenty to drink :wink: ,and a group played on the boat it was fabulous, loved Tiffany's, did all the Tourist things.

Then on to Las Vegas a long flight though and changing Airport's along the way, brilliant Shows there and a bit of gambling we saw Gladys Knight and that was a great night out.
We saw David Copperfield what a big head, I got dragged up on the Stage and he gave me a Photo of himself. I gave it to the other Couple we sat with at the table they loved him, he thinks he is god's gift to Woman :roll: , flew over the Grand Canyon in a Helicopter I dont like Height's in a Plane is ok but the Helicoptor was a lot of glass but I was detemined to do it and there was a thunder storm going on in one part and I just wanted to get back down on the ground my Hubby loved it, it was spectacular though to see and I glad we did it.

Then flew on to Miami picked up a Hire car then drove down to Key West a tiny Island for the last Week, great place fabulous food great Restaurants, great bar's at night,its a laid back little Island in the day really retro, great up on the Quay at night watching the sun set and having a few drinks well maybe more than a few.

Las Vegas is one of my favourite Holiday places not just to have a bit of a gamble but its a fabulous atmosphere & the Show's are brillant, I love the Venetian Hotel and we stay there when we go.
Those who play the game do not see as clearly as those who watch
Alpine Aster
Local Lag

Postby sally66 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:33 pm

anti-PhiloPastry wrote:Well I am truly jealous of all you globetrotters. I have not been out of the uk for 16 or so years :evil: :oops:

Try entering competitions, tie breakers not prize draws.

I've won some amazing stuff including holidays doing competitions
sally66
On Parole

PreviousNext

Return to From Around the World - Living, Holiday, Food and Drink