Dooby's Lament

Here you will find Doobys Diaries and more. Try your hand at satirical writing and post your masterpiece here

Dooby's Lament

Postby doobyscoo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm just doing a spot on dusting around the old Dooby / Cabo forum. It can get quite lonely in here some days.

After taking a few weeks off writing I returned with the new stateside incarnation. Unfortunately this series does not seem to have created the same response as my previous writing and while the dooby /cabo forum door remains open, so few people seem to be walking through it.

I realise the main event happens over in the Justice Forum and what with our vastly expanded membership there is so much more to read over there nowadays. I had hoped this sub forum would still provide an element of entertainment and comic relief to the 3A board.

I guess I will carry on a while longer and see how it goes, however with such little response from readers it seems like I'm not hitting the mark as once I did. The stateside story which I have in my head has just over a week to run and then I guess it's back to the drawing board for a bit of a rethink on whether or not to continue.

Many thanks to my readers who have provided support and encouragement. It's that which keeps me going. I just wish there were a few more of you that's all.

Best wishes
Dooby
Diary of a Naive woman Aged 39 and 3/4 is a work of fiction, well maybe one character is real!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2702
doobyscoo
Suspect

Re: Dooby's Lament

Postby perrito » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Don't you dare stop your writings Dooby, they bring a lot of pleasure to a lot of people, myself included.

I think the trouble is that there are so many new threads started each day some things just tend to drop off the page and disappear. Please keep your writings going for all of us.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby MsMarbles » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:44 pm

perrito wrote:Don't you dare stop your writings Dooby, they bring a lot of pleasure to a lot of people, myself included.

I think the trouble is that there are so many new threads started each day some things just tend to drop off the page and disappear. Please keep your writings going for all of us.

Ditto to that.

I love your writings, Scooby. They bring pleasure to us readers and I am sure to you writing them. You have a gift, keep it nurtured.

I love writing fun stuff on one of my forums, and although I am the only who writes and reads them back for the most part, I will carry on writing them.

I started a story on this forum and it went down like a lead balloon :shock: :cry: :cry: But I might still finish it, if I can find which page it vanished to :oops: It won't put me off though :wink:

Just keep the stories coming, d'you hear ;)

I don't think you realise just how talented you are. And please don't flounce, it doesn't suit you ;)
I believe.....
I believe and trust in Eddie and keela.
__
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
MsMarbles
On Parole

Postby julygirl3210 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Yes Dooby, don't you ever dare stop them. You know I am your biggest fan. I will be bereft if you do.

Can't You and Cabo's satirical gems be put as stickies on the main page, then everyone will get to see them? Some people stay on there and don't deviate from it.

Please please please don't let that awesome talent go to waste. crawling on floor, bleedin' knees (ooops sorry).
"Out damned spot ................" - Macbeth
julygirl3210
On Parole

Postby MCXLIII » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:01 am

Although sometimes I find a weeee bit toooo hard to follow your stories
due to specific references to your culture and the use on unGooglabe words
and expressions, I do enjoy your diary.
Please don't give up.
MCx
MCXLIII
You're Nicked

Postby dumouchelwolf » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:12 am

Come on Doobyscoo, don't let your self get down.

Your posts are incredible .

The 3a's should have a competition and get the forum to vote for the best writings between you and Cabio. It would get everyone interested and of course it would be a friendly vote as we do not want you and Cabo to fall out hahhaha.. Just a suggestion and I could supply the free chocs for the winner hahahahhaahha

Way to go Doobyscoo :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
HOPE THE PAELLA WAS WORTH IT MR and MRS McCANN.
dumouchelwolf
First Time Offender

Postby doobyscoo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:15 am

Thanks for your messages as I had a bit of a strop.

Having had a meesage from BJR, we are going to look at ways of promoting this board. As for a competition between Cabo and I, Cabo is my peer and inspiration. He's far more accomplished than I.

Will try and relax a little bit.

Dooby
Diary of a Naive woman Aged 39 and 3/4 is a work of fiction, well maybe one character is real!

doobyscoo
Suspect

Postby julygirl3210 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:22 am

Well you will get my vote.

Cabo is the cake, but Dooby is the icing.
"Out damned spot ................" - Macbeth
julygirl3210
On Parole

Postby CaboFrio » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi Dooby

Yes, I know how you feel, we are rather tucked away in the sidings down here. I realise it was done with good intentions, but I would assume people who were not originally on the Mirror Forum (RIP) have no idea who we are and the sort of stuff we churn out, A sticky on the Justice page, I fee, l would improve the 'circulation of readership'..

Must admit though, that the Mirror, with all its failings, was a more dynamic place last summer and autumn. But, having said that, I appreciate a forum where stuff isn't being deleted all the time.

Another drawback was Gedda and Kath being made 'official suspects' on 8th September, it did rather put a stop to the Prison Blogs. Damn those Portuguese!

As far as writing went, I really did have the easy option. All I had to do was satirise Gerry's Blogs and re-write Clarry's Epistles to the Corinthians to get a laugh. Where as your stuff Dooby, was all done from scratch, a lot more difficult thing to do.

One other difficulty of course, is the complete lack of 'news'. Week after week, it's the same old story, just with different amounts of spin from Team McScam. AND, if I read one more thread about the imminent arrival of the PJ to interview the Tapas 93 I'll scream!!!!!!

It's just after nine months I think, other than for the 'diehards', the McScam's story has become stale. The only thing that would get me to contribute again would be a major change to take place in the case.

As you know, I've always been a big fan of your work, Dooby.

Good Luck with any future projects,

Cabo

:jerk: :jerk: :jerk:
CaboFrio
On Parole

Postby CaptnMorgan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Well, CaptnMorgan loves both of you, so don't stop doing what you do. It brightens my day to read the goings on of Princess Clarry and the gang!! :D
Justice for Madeleine
CaptnMorgan

Postby doobyscoo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Cheers for your support you guys.

I'm glad you're still enjoying the storys.. Statesides got a little longer to run yet. We've not been to Mexico yet :lol: :lol:

Will be looking at ways for Cabo and I to put in guest threads on the J4M forum and we'll see how that goes.

Thanks gain for your special support.

Dooby

doobyscoo
Suspect

Postby wicksy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Dooby, thanks for many chuckles and please don't think you're not appreciated. I keep forgetting to check the nether regions of the forum, but when I do and find a new diary entry (behave yourself, Clarry) I'm thrilled and lap it up.

As you can see, few people have your talent :oops:
wicksy
Been Cautioned

Postby dumouchelwolf » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Doobyscoo and Cabiofrio

RULE
HOPE THE PAELLA WAS WORTH IT MR and MRS McCANN.
dumouchelwolf
First Time Offender

Postby crunchy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:56 pm

please keep up the good work - v.clever
crunchy
New In Town

Postby miffed » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:34 pm

I've been thinking about this side of the forum ... there are some real gems that most people don't get to see. Many people probably don't even know the talent that is living in this forum. CaboFrio sometimes posts in Justice and I followed him here from a link... i've been pissing myself laughing.
Sometimes it is quite on the other side. A stickly like TT4's would be great. To start with, we could have a floating Sticky for the most popular forums ... like CaboFrio/Dooby, Lounge/ Translations etc. It's a shame this talent hidden here. I'm sure now that we have got used to the forum, a few more stickys won't cause confusion.
miffed
On Parole

Return to Satirical Comedy Forum: Doobys Diaries and more