Mariluz suspect confesses

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby tiffany » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:18 pm

A 51-year old man was arrested yesterday for the murder of Spanish Mariluz Cort├®s. Arrested alongside with his wife, who is believed to have assisted him, he has confessed to Marliluz dying in his presence. The man lived next door to Mariluz's parents and has a record for sexual harrassement of young children, including the couple's own daughter.

The man said he hid the body and then disposed of it. As we all know, the body was found floating in the nearby river almost 2 months after.

Ridiculously, the daily mail publishes an article in which they say Kate and Gerry McCann "demand" this man be questioned about Madeleine's disappearance, too. Not a word has been said about this in Spain. Not everything is about the McCanns, but in the UK it might well seem that way. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1811

Anyway, the point I want to make is that again we are facing a case where the little girl was snatched by a neighbout - over 90% of children's abductions are carried out by people close to them. This guy is a confessed paedophile, quite right. But like paedophiles usually are, he is an opportunist - Mariluz walked right past his door! Claiming that this guy would have driven all the way from Huelva to snatch Madeleine is pretty ridiculous, these people just don't go through that kind of trouble. So we are back to the basics - according to the statistics, whatever happened to Madeleine, someone close to the family knows.
tiffany
Suspect
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby Geko » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Exactly, the law of statistics.
Geko
Local Lag
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby mannie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:21 pm

Well I suggest the PJ drop whatever they are doing and go interview this man,after all the McCanns demand it!
mannie
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby sasha » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 pm

Spot on Tiffany. As usual the Mccanns have to attach themselves to any item with a moderate connection. Paedophiles are as you say, usually opportunists. A golden opportunity presents itself, like a little one walking by as Mari Luz did, and whoosh clunk. I also think it is highly unlikely that he would have driven from Huelva to PDL. Why bother? There are plenty of little girls in Spain and his immediate vicinity for him not to have to. A case of snatching at straws and anything to keep the heat off them.

Edited to add . Who do they think they are anyway to "demand" anything.
Last edited by sasha on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sasha
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: In Portugal and waiting For The Axe To Fall

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 pm

This is a silver lining in an otherwise sad case, I'm glad he has confessed.

It's unlikely that he was involved in the Madleine case but it's worth double checking IMO.

Oh and of course there is no media link with Madeleine in Spain, why would there be, it's a little Spanish girl, it's legitimate news and reported as such.


*Disclaimer, I'm so sorry if my post (above) offends any reader because it is a. not in alignment with your thinking or b. contains some facts that you find scary, it is truly not intended to offend (or patronise) only to convey my own view, bear this in mind before you report it to the moderators.
Zero tolerance. If ignore doesn't work then I will name and shame culprits.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby tiffany » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Why has this tread been moved??? Mods┬┐???????
tiffany
Suspect
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby poppy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:30 pm

I try not to be critical of the police force of any country, but, as in the case of Shannon Matthews whose abtuctor was a family member and not questioned, why did the Spanish police not have any clue that a next door neighbour with sexual convictions just MIGHT be a prime suspect????
poppy
Suspect
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby tiffany » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:32 pm

poppy wrote:I try not to be critical of the police force of any country, but, as in the case of Shannon Matthews whose abtuctor was a family member and not questioned, why did the Spanish police not have any clue that a next door neighbour with sexual convictions just MIGHT be a prime suspect????


poppy, they did. This guy was brought in for questioning but they couldn't bring anything on him right there and then. He has been a suspect ever since and the autopsy dna findings have finally nailed him into confession.
tiffany
Suspect
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby Topcat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:32 pm

poppy wrote:I try not to be critical of the police force of any country, but, as in the case of Shannon Matthews whose abtuctor was a family member and not questioned, why did the Spanish police not have any clue that a next door neighbour with sexual convictions just MIGHT be a prime suspect????


Sounds incredible doesn't it?
Topcat
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby Topcat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:35 pm

tiffany wrote:A 51-year old man was arrested yesterday for the murder of Spanish Mariluz Cort├®s. Arrested alongside with his wife, who is believed to have assisted him, he has confessed to Marliluz dying in his presence. The man lived next door to Mariluz's parents and has a record for sexual harrassement of young children, including the couple's own daughter.

The man said he hid the body and then disposed of it. As we all know, the body was found floating in the nearby river almost 2 months after.

Ridiculously, the daily mail publishes an article in which they say Kate and Gerry McCann "demand" this man be questioned about Madeleine's disappearance, too. Not a word has been said about this in Spain. Not everything is about the McCanns, but in the UK it might well seem that way. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1811

Anyway, the point I want to make is that again we are facing a case where the little girl was snatched by a neighbout - over 90% of children's abductions are carried out by people close to them. This guy is a confessed paedophile, quite right. But like paedophiles usually are, he is an opportunist - Mariluz walked right past his door! Claiming that this guy would have driven all the way from Huelva to snatch Madeleine is pretty ridiculous, these people just don't go through that kind of trouble. So we are back to the basics - according to the statistics, whatever happened to Madeleine, someone close to the family knows.


I think the point would be that it's more likely a local person with a history of child abuse..
Topcat
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby fedrules » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Well,I'm glad this cowardly predator will soon be put away so he can't harm any more innocent children.It once again shows that such people do not really benefit from treatment and should not be released to hurt children again IMO.

Of course the PJ and Spanish police will be questioning him about Madeleine.
fedrules
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby JennyBabe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:43 pm

both this and the case of Shannon again emphasise how likely it is that someone the child knows is likely to be involved... and again makes me wonder why the McCanns are so confident in each other and all of their friends, particularly Oldfield and O'Brien who both had opportunity in the time frame that Madeleine went missing....
JennyBabe
Suspect
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby tiffany » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:45 pm

JennyBabe wrote:both this and the case of Shannon again emphasise how likely it is that someone the child knows is likely to be involved... and again makes me wonder why the McCanns are so confident in each other and all of their friends, particularly Oldfield and O'Brien who both had opportunity in the time frame that Madeleine went missing....


Yup... makes me wonder how confident they really are....
tiffany
Suspect
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby tiffany » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Topcat wrote:
poppy wrote:I try not to be critical of the police force of any country, but, as in the case of Shannon Matthews whose abtuctor was a family member and not questioned, why did the Spanish police not have any clue that a next door neighbour with sexual convictions just MIGHT be a prime suspect????


Sounds incredible doesn't it?


Here, in this link the police is at the guy's doorstep the day after Mariluz went missing. Scroll down and you can see the picture. http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/03/2 ... 20846.html
tiffany
Suspect
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Mariluz suspect confesses

Postby frencheuropean » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:17 pm

According to the new article in "enfants kidnapp├®s", Mari Luz "could have died by accident, trying to flee this man. His family's members knew the truth but said nothing"

http://www.kidnapping.be/mariluz_arrestat/index.html

Merci for a translation.
Last edited by frencheuropean on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frencheuropean
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Next

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests